July 25, 2014 | 1945 users online

Moisturizers - Vichy - Normaderm Pro Mat spf 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG mattifier. Only a tiny amount is required, a sample lasted me weeks, and my excess oil production is reduced while my skin stays beautiful and hydrated. I will note, I only put this in the oiliest of places, my forehead, nose, chin, and maybe parts of my cheeks during summer, as it is way too drying for the rest of my face. Anything else (eg neck, temples) that goes into overdrive during the hot summer I'll use Caudalie's mattifier.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by volcaniclungs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Out of the Vichy Normaderm products that I bought with this, this was the only one that pleased me. I use it everyday before I go to bed. I can't use it before I put on my foundation because it doesn't help it go on smoothly because they separate, even if I wait until it settles in. I wish I could because it really helps moisturize and keep a lot of oils away.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by CRutledge

I find that a lot of the complaints on this product seem to come from using it wrong. I have been using this product for about two years now, and it has helped control the oil on my face very well. The thing is, you CAN'T use a lot of it. Use the smallest amount possible. Go piece by piece around your face, or it will dry before you manage to blend it. You also often cannot use this to replace a moisturizer. I tend to use it as a moisurizer because it works for me, but I reccomend using a very light moisurizer underneath that you trust.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by marvelteen

i bought this product because a cosmetician recommended it to me. I have acne prone skin and this product didn't break me out, however, this moisturizer isn't very good at all. It doesn't reduce the shine from my face. I am an oil slick after a couple hours (like 2 or 3) and i feel that I am even oilier with this product on compared to using another product. I would not recommend this product, especially for the price and quality. I'm still looking for a good moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very surprised by the negative comments here. But then again, if it is being advertised as a moisturizer, then I can probably see why. It is by far not a moisturizer! In fact, it is just the opposite. I would call it an oil control primer instead of a moisturizer. I was given a sample of this at my local Duane Reade. The sample lasted me about 2 weeks, my skin and make up was on it's best behavior for these 2 weeks. I went back and bought the full version as soon as it finished. I really like this because it prolongs foundation time ( sometimes I even skip powder, which I would never do prior). Very morning rush friendly, It absorbs right away, makes my skin a perfect, matte canvas ready for make up application which also makes make up last. $ 23 at duane reade. For reference: My skin is combination: normal/oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Acardist

As I have been using the Vichy Normaderm line for quite a while, and was looking for something more mattening during the summer, I gave this one a go. Not for me. It does keep you mat, for about 3 hours it lasted for me, then I would actually get very shiny/oily where normally I would not. Smell and texture is not as nice as other vichy moisturizers. Tried it a couple of times, also with a few months in between - same results & I will probably give or throw away.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Valerie84

I have combination skin that tends to get oily on my T-zone. I had purchased this moisturizer along with the cleanser. Unfortuately, I found it dried out my skin and caused me to flake. It also made my skin very tight. I believe it was the salicylic acid in it that caused this. I would compare it to putting glue on my face. I would only recommend this to a person with very oily skin all-over. This is an extremly potent moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

I tried this product in the summer time as I was hoping it would help with my oily T-zone but it didn't help. The feeling of it on my skin was ok but it didn't help me in any way. In fact it made my skin more oily. I will not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by purplecandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin that is getting more normal with age, mostly concentrated in my T-Zone.

This is the only drugstore moisturizer which actually takes care of my oil and shine. Olay Complete was my go-to until they reformulated. Despite the cons I list, I haven't found any other moisturizer that does not make me oilier.

Pros:
A little goes a long way
Absorbs fast (make sure you apply fast!)
Controls shine (within reason, after 9 hours idk what you can expect of any product)
Works well under make-up (see Cons however)

Cons:
If you apply foundation hours after applying this, it will cause this moisturizer to flake off and make application gross
If you apply too much and then touch your face, flaking can also occur

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product double surprised me,i really wasnt expected to be so bad.The texture is like a paste,some greenish product, really difficult to spread.Some strange smell too and if you dont apply it very quick the product gets dry.After i finish applying on entire face,i felt this getting very dry(i suppose this happend becouse of the high amount of alcohol),my skin got really tight and had such a sticky felling.The second surprise was when i want it to apply the foundation and i noticed hoe the moisturizer start to ball really bad.
I really want it to like this becouse i need a summer oilfree moisturizer,an excelent mattifing base for my ss and this was so close.
And i was keeping this product in my closet from awhile,waiting the summer ,wasnt sure about beeing what i need it.
Is nothing good in this product,even the finish is not mat like is saying on his name"Pro Mat"
Very disappointed!