July 24, 2014 | 1847 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Sun Protecting Lip Balm SPF 8 with Passionfruit

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by AmazingBella

My first issue with this product was that once I screwed it up, it wouldn't go back down. The second one was that this lip balm didn't really do anything for me. It didn't feel very moisturizing and it also left me with a visible white cast on my lips. I tossed it after a few uses.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Smoogle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This balm moisturizes my lips very well, and doesn't leave a noticeable white cast. I just put a little gloss over it for shine, but even without that it looks great. Feels a little bit grainy, but not very much. I think it's a great balm for everyday summer use : ).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by JennaLia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Total waste of money. I couldn't find the pink grapefruit one so I thought buying this one would be okay. Terrible lip balm. Does nothing for my lips except make them look white, feel sticky, and the scent isn't very appealing either. Disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by xshado

I don't like this lip balm AT ALL.
The product is very thick, and the smell is just really gross to me!!
I hate the smell and the 'flavor'
The only good thing woud be that it has sun protection, but its only 8, there's better lip balms out there that have more spfs than these.
The first and probably last burts and bees lip balm for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by kate10662

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I try to only buy natural lip balms, and am a fan of some of the other Burt's Bees chapsticks. I was looking for one with spf to use during the summer, and decided on this one. I will not buy again, because there are better natural lip balms with spf.

Pros:
Natural
Easy to find for a natural product

Cons:
Leaves white cast on lips
Not very moisturizing
Has kind of a dry, grainy texture when applying

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had to come over and give this balm some love because I recently found out the perfect way to make it work for me. By itself this balm leaves a white cast on my lips that I don't like. HOWEVER, this balm works great under colored lipsticks and tinted balms. I really really like it applied under the Burt's Bees tinted lip balm in pink blossom. For some reason this combo makes my lips look much plumper. Better results on me than lip plumping glosses! With a little pearly gloss in the middle of my lips to complete the look my lips look much fuller. (Not sure is they make lips look bigger because they are kind of thick so they fill in lines and cracks in my lips or what) The white cast in this also tones down the tint in the pink blossom balm to make it more wearable for me. This duo leaves my lips really really moisturized (even after a day outside in the wind).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Once again, Burt's Bees let me down with lip balms. I always assume that their products are going to feel wonderful on my lips, and when the original did nothing, I thought maybe it was the peppermint oil in it that made it bad. This product did the same thing, making my lips dependent on the product and not helping to improve my lips unless it was currently applied (aka my lips felt like crap the moment it wore off) Plus this particular lip balm left a disgusting residue on my lips that made my lips look sickly white/blue.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

****UPDATE****
I FOUND OUT BURTS BEES IS OWNED BY CLOROX.
There have been reports of harmful ingredients still getting through in their products so I have stopped using the brand all together.

This is hands down my favorite lip balm. With most of the Burt's Bees lip balms I either absolutely love them or hate them with a passion. This however, is the best of the best. I love the texture, scent / flavor, lasting power, moister level and results with one or multiple applications. And it doesn't leave a weird "white cast" on my lips as it wears. It also has a mid-range SPF, which because of where I live, I look for actively, so its definitely appreciated.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not a useful lip balm. Does not glide on at all, and if your lips are at all chapped, the white stuff just gets in the cracks and makes it look worse. The taste and smell is not pleasant either. I'd rather just put some sunscreen on my mouth.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually don't mind the scent of this lip balm, but the texture is stiff and it doesn't apply smoothly. It actually hurts my lips to apply this and I think my lips might be allergic to this. I was pretty disappointed since this is the only lip balm that I could find with a stable SPF(Titanium Dioxide).