Avon Satin Gel Eye Liner - Brown Pearl

on 8/15/2011 12:41:00 PM

Very dry product with a lot of glitter. Pigmentation is bad as well. Cannot get a smooth line with this stuff because it is so dry. Threw it out after a couple uses.

on 7/29/2011 8:47:00 PM

The consistency of this product was exactly what I was expecting from a gel liner and it applied easily and highly pigmented. It had good staying power as well. I am only giving it a 3 because the color was very blah. It turned a very muddy grayish brown after a few hours. It also contains flecks of glitter that are very unappealing. It does not have a consistent glittery finish, more like a few random specks of gold glitter here and there. Very unappealing! I will most likely not repurchase.

on 5/3/2010 5:30:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Worst eyeliner I've EVER tried. The consistency was very blah. The product was dry from first use. When applied the thing gave a very light line. Effect was horrible, consistency worst, the brush that came with it was junk, ugh just don't get it.

on 4/30/2009 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've tried the several gel and cream eyeliners (Stila, smashbox, Jane) and thought I'd give Avon's very affordable version a try. The texture is a little more solid than I had expected, and is nowhere near as soft as Stila or smashbox. The color is normal brown, with gold glitter.

PROS: Inexpensive ($5.99 for the brush AND liner). Smudgeproof (I tested it on my hand and attempted to smudge--stayed put!) Nice packaging (glass base w/ plastic lid).
CONS: A little more glittery than "pearly"--and a little too much gold glitter IMO. Not very pigmented, and difficult to build up color.

Overall, an okay product, but don't think I'll repurchase--I'd rather keep looking! For a gel e/l around the same price, Jane's version and brush worked much better.