Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Blushing Raisins

3.4

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- subtle so perfect for office
- not powdery
- no glitter or shimmer

Cons:
- very light so you have to buy from another brand if you like the color to call attention

Have avoided this quad because it looked burgundy-ish. I was wrong. It suits my NC30 skintone and is office appropriate. Tried a sample but will look into buying this quad.

Brule = light yellow with hint of tan
Rose Nude = light tan
Raisin = light cool brown but has hint of burgundy when on skin
Plum = cool mid-brown but has hint of burgundy on skin

Rating of quad on my skintone: 4/5

on 2/26/2011 12:54:00 AM

Not happy with this eyeshadow quad. The colors don't show up at all. I am not looking for a bold statement but some color would be nice. After applying 5 coats and seeing no color at all on my lids I gave up.

on 9/14/2010 8:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love the consistency of this eyeshadow; it's smooth and "creamy" to apply, lasts a long time, and removes easily. It also doesn't irritate my eyes (I wear contacts). The colors appear gorgeous in the pan.
However, the pigmentation is very poor. I applied it today, and built it up three times, and it still looked like I had very little (if any) eyeshadow on. I used the three darkest colors. I've had this same problem with my other Avon quads; I tried the mauve and smoky eyes ones. It's too bad because I loved the good qualities of these shadows.
Edit: BUT I've discovered that I really like the lightest color for an undereye concealer!

on 8/16/2010 1:35:00 PM

I guess i liked this product but it doesnt do much. When you use all of the colors in the correct places, you can't tell your wearing makeup. I'm not exactly sure if that is the point, but i thought the colors would have been more pigmented than they are.

on 5/1/2010 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

No. Better than the earth quad, but still took me 20mins to get any color to show up at all, and so dry looking. gross.

on 4/9/2010 2:40:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Absolutely. Stunning. I love, love, love this quad. All the colors are beautiful and blend super well. And DO NOT CREASE. Whatsoever. With or without primer. It's insane how good the formula is. Very pigmented and with subtle, beautiful shimmer. If you wanna do a smokey eye that is subtle, yet smokey and day appropriate, this is the quad for you.

on 1/3/2010 12:20:00 PM

These colors REALLY make the green in your eyes pop. I have hazel eyes that have both green and brown in them and I have been using the L'oreal For Hazel Eyes Eye Shadow which never really did a thing to accentuate the color of my eyes, even though it is supposed to be designed to do just that. Instead, I was looking through a recent Avon book, saw this color quad, and decided to give it a try. I've been using it for a little more than a week now and have had one person ask me what color my eyes were, and another tell me that my eyes sparkle. So if you have green or hazel eyes and would like to accentuate their color, definitely try this eyeshadow quad!

on 10/31/2009 5:20:00 PM

I really like this quad and the other color quads for what they are. If you are expecting these quads to be comparable to a MAC quad or anything else, I assure you that it will NOT meet your standards. BUT, I REALLY love these quads for work purposes or for days you feel like wearing color in a natural way. These are perfect! Also, they are buildable so if you want more depth and intensity, just build on the colors. So, to reiterate. These quads are great for what they are! They are smooth and nice. If you want high pigmentation, I suggest another product.

on 10/4/2009 12:04:00 PM

I bought this when Avon was doing their 3/$9.99 promotion, and I really like it on my green eyes and fair skin! Yes, the colors are not quite as vibrant in the pan as they seem in the Avon brochure, but these quads are really buildable, and you can make them darker very easily by going back over the colors and adding more.

What I also like about this raisins quad is that the colors are subtle enough to wear to work, but you can make them darker to wear out at night. The box also includes a diagram for how to apply them, which is a nice perk for a makeup newbie like me.

They don't last as long as Avon claims on their own, but I use my Too Faced primer underneath, and that makes them last about twelve hours!

on 8/29/2009 10:47:00 AM

I loved this quad! It is true that the colors in the magazines seem to be brighter, but I still love the way the colors turned out with my skin tone.

Popular Eye Shadows