April 19, 2014 | 848 users online

Lip Treatments - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Lip Balm SPF 15 set

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like everything about this balm-spf15, glossy, anti-aging ingredients, great texture, nice smell, but the color clashes so badly with my skintone that I can't wear it out of the house. My skin is on the yellowish side, and this shows up as a very pale, milky baby pink. Awful. It would score ten lippies with me, though, if they came out with some other tints.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

PROS

The packaging is great--a squeeze tube with a screw cap that's easy to apply

Color is ok--not spectacular, but not garish or very noticeable

Good size--fits nicely in my handbag

SPF 15

CONS

Scary list of ingredients (especially the "may contain" list)--not entirely sure I want these ingredients anywhere near my mouth or skin. There is a "for external use only" warning, although anything applied on the lips will doubtlessly be ingested, at least a little bit

Taste and smell are disgusting--reminds me of junior high lip balm, which I didn't like then or now

I wouldn't have purchased this on its own, but it came in an "Un-Wrinkle" trial kit. That kit was INCREDIBLY expensive for the amount of each item. I have moved out of the country for a short time and asked the sales associate at Sephora if it the kit would last me three months. She was very emphatic about agreeing that it would. I think that if you stretched out the items in the kit, combining them with other products, you might get 1.5 months of product, tops. I will repurchase the Peel Pads, but not the lip balm

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by xcheck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have only used this a handful of times so far but my lips are feeling more conditioned. This is so flattering...the color is amazing. I was looking for a lighter lip color for when I do my eye makeup darker and this color is so perfect. If you have ever seen Kathie Lee Gifford's makeup on the Today Show - she usually has darker eyes and a light lip color, this product is spot on in my opinion and I am thrilled I found it. A little goes a long way. It has spf in it as a bonus. It has some staying power as well; you won't be reapplying every hour. Highly recommend this gem of a lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by facegal

When I went on the hunt for a lip gloss with SPF to take on a beach vacation, I was surprised at how hard it was to find one! I didn't want a stick type balm as they melt in hot weather and there weren't many SPF tube glosses to choose from. I am super glad I stumbled across this! It's truly wonderful and the PERFECT lip gloss to take on vacation. Really flattering light pink color....looks good with everything. Great tube, easy application. Nice berry scent. SPF of 15. And it's not sticky!! Highly recommend this! I wasn't sure where to purchase so I ordered online from Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by dsbirnbaum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a sheer, long lasting, ultra hydrating, lightweight, pink pearl toned lip balm that gives the look of a gloss. It contains the added benefits anti aging peptides, which are supposed to boost collagen production and soften and smooth skin. I don't have wrinkles on my lips, so I cannot comment on the product's effectiveness in that realm. I like this for its moisturizing properties and SPF protection.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Note: review just for Pink Shimmer Balm.
This balm is pretty and moisturizing, but the ingredients and strong chemical taste are deal breakers for me. I think Roth's Lips to Die for is the best plumper I've used (though the packaging is very poor), and I thought this would be a tinted version with SPF. Instead it's an ordinary balm with a few vitamins and a lot of "may contain" ingredients after the parabens and artificial fragrance. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have never used a more effective lip balm than this one. It does what it says it will do. In the 3 weeks I've been using it, my lips have become soft and, yes!, fuller. I love the look of them, now, just wearing this balm alone. And it tastes and smells like a creamsickle. I just ordered 2 more of them. One for my office and one for my car. I'm never gonna be without this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am reviewing the lip balm, not the set.

I received a full-sized lip balm as a GWP, and I almost swapped it unused, but something made me try it. I am so glad I did because I love it. It appears to come in one shade only (Pink Shimmer), and it's a soft neutral pink that should flatter most skin tones. It looks great on my medium rosy-blue lips, and I am very fair (NW15), but I bet this would look great with tanned skin, too. The "balm" is smooth and cushiony and looks more like a lip gloss--a pretty long-lasting shimmer with gorgeous moisture.

I wear this around the house and before bed, and after three weeks of daily use, my lips have filled out, such that I can no longer see lines in my lips or above the cupid's bow. I hate to say this, but I think I love this gloss better than my favorite Chanel Glossimer of all time: Star. Same basic premise (shimmering light pink) without the sparkle. At half the cost, it's easier to apply right from the tube (angled plastic applicator), and I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by fridge666

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is great! I got it in the Un-wrinkle set, and really like it thus far (I got it today). It is not sticky, moisturizes well, and the light colour looks good too (pink shimmer). I can't really say anything about it working against wrinkles yet, but I think it's mainly supposed to moisturize more than anything. It feels like a balm, and doesn't seem to leave the dreaded white line on the inside of the lips.

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by blacktimes21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best tinted lip balms I have tried- everything from the gorgeous light rose color to the unpretentious packaging to the ingredients- it's all good. I can't really find a negative to it. It applies well over or under lipstick, it's not sticky at all and it makes my lips feel amazing! Highly recommended!!!