April 17, 2014 | 896 users online

Shampoo - Pravana Hydrating Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by HairDiary

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My first impressions? Not so good! This shampoo has a very thin, almost watery consistency. Nonetheless, the shampoo has a very pleasant scent. It is super gentle on relaxed/transitioning hair as well as natural hair. This cleanses my scalp and nourishes my curly/coily hair in one rinse. Even when my hair is loaded with product and I have to do a second wash, my hair never feels dry or stripped. Ninety-nine percent of the time, though, a second wash is completely unnecessary.

Go here for my full review: http://hairdiary.wordpress.com/2014/02/23/pravana-sulfate-free-hydrating-shampoo/

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by chosn4one

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Pros: Gentle, non-stripping, smells fruity
Cons: Expensive, runny consistency

I like this shampoo. It smells like a blue raspberry candy or something, but not cloying by any means. The shampoo is very liquid, and does not produce much of a lather. I am used to that sensation, having used sulfate free shampoos for a couple years now. My hair is fine, fragile, dry, prone to grease at the scalp, thin, and curly. It is hard for me to find shampoo that doesn't cause problems of some sort. While I don't enjoy paying $15 for a regular sized bottle of shampoo, I feel the health of my hair is improving from use of this product. I have been using it for about 2 years straight.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Initially I really liked this shampoo and conditioner. My hair just felt like nice hair, bouncy, clean. I did notice that my hair was a tangled, matted mess getting out of the shower and after not using this for a month I am sure this is what was making my head itch. The scent is nothing to speak of. The packaging for the shampoo is especially abysmal. My SO knocked my first bottle over getting out of the shower and the entire bottle went down the drain. The bottle shape lends to easy knocking over which I remedied by putting the next bottle in another 'poo bottle with a pump. I would not repurchase this again although I may try one of the other formulas. I have fine, color treated hair and I did not find this moisturizing in the least.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by bbydoll703

This product not only works well but smells great too! I've found that my scalp is easily irritated when I used shampoos with sulfates in them so this was a great find for me. I love the conditioner from the dame brand as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaKral

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the best shampoo soo nice for a sulfate free shampoo to feel like its cleansing. It suds more than no-poo by devacurl which i felt weighed down my hair. This shampoo is awesome for my curly q's and willl repurchase. Hard to find. I bought this at my hair salon in Ft worth.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by rlrjkny

This shampoo is not bad at all, it super suds for a sulfate free shampoo, I went back and read the label there are a lot of sudsing agents, so for people who like suds in shampoo this will work. Not bad, nice smell. I would buy it again if it were right in front of me. I like it and will keep in my rotation for now. I used the Pravana s/c Liquid Keratin Leave in and Cibu Oso Shimmer.

5/04/09 I changed to 4 lippies because over the weekend the hair stayed very nice and did not get greasy, I could probably go another day without washing!

I made my dh use this this morning since reading another review that it was a low suds and he said it had tons of suds too, I did have the new and improved version, maybe that is what they improved???

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo rocks when used with Aveeno Nourish + moisture. Amazing combo! The shampoo has low suds but doesn't feel like it strips my hair. I have noticed that my color is lasting a lot longer then before. They do guarantee that you will see a difference. If not then you can return it to them for a refund!
But I have to say when I use this combo my hair feels so soft and looks so shiny! I love it.
ingredients:
Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropylamine Oxide, Stearate Glycol, Simmendsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Algae Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Hair Keratin Amino Acids, Wheat Amino Acids, Silk Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Poliquaternium-7, Panthenol, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1.