October 20, 2014 | 2173 users online

Lipstick - Sonia Kashuk - Velvety Matte Lip Crayon - Mulberry Nude

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by XFOLI8R

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The Mulberry Nude shade of this lip crayon is almost exactly the same color as my lips (which are fairly pigmented, for a fair-medium/NW20 skin tone), just a tiny bit darker and richer. It is literally and exactly My Lips But Better. The color is a muted rose with a touch of brown, and it's matte with no sheen or shimmer. Worn alone I find it just a hair drying on my lips, but that's easily fixed with a little balm. It stays on very well without powder or blotting, and does not bleed -- no liner needed. I only bought this a few days ago, but already I'm thinking of it as my default everyday lip color. Fantastic product at an unbeatable low price. I'll certainly buy another when I run out -- maybe even before that, just to have a backup. HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

Oh, how I love these crayons! I've gone on about their wonderful qualities in my other reviews, so I'll just add that Mulberry Nude is a warm, deep plum-wine on me. Dark enough to be there, but not screaming vampy-dark. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by SWilisons

This is the only matte lip product I have found that doesn't dry out my lips. The color is perfect for me. I will definately repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great "no lipstick" look for days I am looking for a natural yet polished look. This color is almost the exact color as NARS Bahama Velvet Matte lip pencil for less than half the price. It wears the same and has the same matte yet not drying texture. I would recommend all these pencils to anyone looking for a matte lipstick with good pigmentation and long wear time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Hemiller9181

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There is a color of everyone in these pencils! I love the Pink Nude, It looks good on my mom my sister and me, and we are all different skin colors (dark medium lighter). The texture is amazing also. It looks great with a gloss or without! I agree with the reader below, it does feel like a NARS lip pencil, it's way softer than a MAC pencil. Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by cathyann4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Was looking for a lip crayon, and didn't want to spend a fortune.
This one fits the bill! Love the colors, perfect for daytime. Nice texture, and you can use it to line and fill as long as it's sharpened enough. I add some clear gloss for shine, and I'm set for hours. Love this product!
(as a side note - I have a Bobbi Brown lip crayon, and it's almost too soft, and certainly MUCH more expensive. I'll buy this one again for sure and skip the BB pencil!)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 9:15:00 PM More reviews by suchetab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the concept of lipstick in a crayon form and Sonia Kashuk brand impressed me for the value vs price. The color is beautiful and probably the best one for darker skin tone as the previous reviewer said. The texture is smooth, matte, velvety...felt like Nars to me! Price is great. Not too many color choices, certainly not for darker skin tones. I would love a beautiful, brownish red lipstick in this format. Also for reasons unknown, Target does not keep testers for ONLY this brand which is a bummer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Gabriel679

I really like this product.

All the colors (I think there are 8) are some shade of nude - this one, though it looks dark, was the best match for my medium/fair skin and dark hair. It reminds me of the color of Lancome's JT in Sun Bronze, except no shimmer/metallic color and of course no gloss texture. Very nice, easy to use, and $7.99 - reminds me of what I had hoped the Stila glaze sticks would be -

Decent staying power - I would recommend exfoliating and using some lip moisturizer first since like many lipsticks, these are a bit drying.