September 16, 2014 | 1731 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - L'Oreal Elnett Extra StrongHold UV Hair Spray - 11 oz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I heard hair stylists in the US were thrilled when this product finally became available here. It has a reputation for being the hair spray to use because while it helps to hold a style, it never builds up or feels stiff or sticky. I couldn't agree more. This is all I use now. It is a bit pricey, about $13.00 for a can. L'Oreal is kind enough to issue coupons every so often in the Sunday paper. Like they say, you're worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by xojamie0923

I bought this after hearing how fabulous it was. I usually don't have an issue with scent but to me this hairspray stunk! I couldn't even suck it up I had to return it. I returned it for the unscented one which I hope is just as effective and obviously will be less strong of a smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Daisyana9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST hairspray out there. A lot of people have complained about the smell but they now make a nuns center version! It's not available everywhere but I bought mine online!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

Hands down, this is my favorite hair spray. I was originally going to test it out with the miniature bottle, but I am so glad that I got the large size. It is sold at nearly every drugstore and Ulta. I got mine in the extra strong hold version, and it still doesn't make my hair brittle.

I like that it gives the hair the perfect amount of shine. The holding power is incredible and holds my curls for several days. And the best part is that it doesn't leave my hair looking frozen. The smell isn't particularly strong and fades away. Very easy to brush out hair after use.

Overall, I really love this hairspray. I have had it for about a year and still a lot left. I will definitely repurchase. I don't plan on ever trying another hairspray.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use Elnett for volumizing, smoothing, and general style holding-- it's a great all purpose hair spray. A light application gives you good, lasting hold without looking frozen (you'll still retain some movement). Put it on heavily and you'll have an indestructible style. Either way the micro fine spray keeps hair from looking lacquered and crunchy. Normally I use it for smoothing hair/killing flyaways and giving my hair some soft volume. What I really like about this is that it keeps my hair touchable looking. You can brush it out easily and it doesn't flake or get gross.. makes restyling very easy.

The smell however can be a problem. It's a very retro scent that people either find charmingly old fashioned or really nasty. I'm not a fan, but since it doesn't last long, I don't really mind. Over all this is a terrific hairspray and totally worthy of a 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by maxine326

L'Oreal Elnett is my all time favorite. I keep coming back after trying everything else, even though it's pricey. My hair is naturally wavy & frizzy.Love the microfine spray that doesn't leave hair looking sectioned by spray. It brushes through easily & retains shape. When travelling, could skip several days washing, just re-styling with brush, blowdryer & spray. It doesn't build up when you brush it. Prefer unscented, but perfume doesn't last long.Does well in high humidity/rain, especially if not brushed over. Adds some needed texture to my hair that can be too soft, and never leaves a sticky feel. Great stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by ridemebigsheIdon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really want to love this hairspray but to be honest, I am starting to think it gets a lot of press since it's a 'classic' - kind of like a certain green and pink mascara tube we all know. Let's talk about the thing that everyone else hates. The smell. Yes, it's weird and chemically and grandma's perfume-like. What's with that? The smell doesn't even dissipate that quickly, either. In addition, I spray this stuff all over, I smell funny - and then there's no hold. It just gives this heavy, kind of dirty feeling texture to my mop. In addition, I notice it makes my hair become greasier - quicker. I'm a redhead so I try to wash as little as humanly possible (within reason!) since I don't want my hair to fade. I wear this stuff, my hair's greasy at the root the next day. Real bummer here, I like how elegant the gold can appears.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by afoletta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The smell of this was so bad and overwhelming, like old lady perfume. I tried it a few times and just couldn't use it because of the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by SonnyCat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really loved this spray, it makes my hair soft and shiny. I have fine hair, so product tends to weight it down and make it look greasy. I have really sprayed this on thick for up-dos and it still does not get "crunchy." It might not be enough hold for someone with thicker or more textured hair, but for me it was just right. It does have a scent, but I found that the scent fades away by the time I walk out the door. Personally, I didn't mind the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Passion4Polish

I gave up wearing hairspray years ago, I just could not stand the horrible crunchy or worse sticky feeling and the flaking I would see the next day.
My nephew is a stylist and gave me a freebie a couple of weeks ago. I was horrified when he sprayed a ton of this stuff when he was done.
But...My hair looked fabulous for 3 days!!!
No flaking, grimey dirty feeling!! It was shiny and healthy feeling, not dried out at all.
I admit that I don't use a lot of hairspray due to the horrible results I have had in the past but if you add into this review that my nephew is a stylist and won't use anything else it might count for a bit more.
I only have one Con, it has a strong smell. It is not a bad smell but it is definitely worth mentioning.