L'Oreal L'Oreal Elnett Extra StrongHold UV Hair Spray - 11 oz.

3.5

on 1/16/2015 12:18:00 AM

It smells like bug spray to me, and is quite a strong scent. This is a different type of hairspray than I'm used to. It's quite light, but build able. I do not use it on my roots or to hold an up do. Instead, I use on the body of my hair when I wear it down. I have lots of fine hair that does not hold a curl, slips out of ponytails, and gets flyaways. If I'm curling my hair, I'll spray on before and after using a curling iron. Then I'll brush out, and do a final spritz before I leave the house. Because it brushes out well, I'm left with my own hair (non-crunchy, non-sticky). My hair feels a bit drier and thicker, and 'holds' better throughout the day. I suppose I use this more as a styling tool than a hairspray...but it works for me. I found an i scented version online, am planning to try that next,

on 11/10/2014 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love this hairspray. I used this product in the early 80s when it was only $2 at Woolworth. I loved the sticky'ness and extra hold it provided. Fast forward to today and daymm,
how its improved! Great, invisible spray, non sticky and magical hold plus they now make an Unscented formula. I style as well as finish with it. The packaging is still the classic, slender, tall Gold can with a unique spray dispenser. The same gorgeous 70s looking model with that Raquel Welch look. $15 Rite Aid, $12 Walmart, $14 Walgreens. Classic.

on 10/18/2014 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The mosquito-repellant-like STINK of this product is unforgivable. Seriously made me gag, it's so strong. I can't stomach it - through it out after using it once.

on 10/18/2014 6:01:00 PM

I hate this more than any product I have tried in a long time. First, the smell. I use insect repellent that smells far better than this. And it's not like the smell goes away, either. It stays with you for quite a while, and whatever room you are in when you spray it will reek for a long time. I could deal with that, if the performance of the product made it worth it. But no, it doesn't. I suppose if you are looking for a light, natural hold, it would work. But I want a hold that will last all day. And this isn't it. I found it held for a very short time.

I just don't get the hype with this. For the price and all the hype, I expected far more.

on 9/1/2014 6:26:00 AM

I heard hair stylists in the US were thrilled when this product finally became available here. It has a reputation for being the hair spray to use because while it helps to hold a style, it never builds up or feels stiff or sticky. I couldn't agree more. This is all I use now. It is a bit pricey, about $13.00 for a can. L'Oreal is kind enough to issue coupons every so often in the Sunday paper. Like they say, you're worth it.

on 2/11/2014 1:09:00 PM

I bought this after hearing how fabulous it was. I usually don't have an issue with scent but to me this hairspray stunk! I couldn't even suck it up I had to return it. I returned it for the unscented one which I hope is just as effective and obviously will be less strong of a smell.

on 1/24/2014 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

BEST hairspray out there. A lot of people have complained about the smell but they now make a nuns center version! It's not available everywhere but I bought mine online!

on 11/27/2013 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use Elnett for volumizing, smoothing, and general style holding-- it's a great all purpose hair spray. A light application gives you good, lasting hold without looking frozen (you'll still retain some movement). Put it on heavily and you'll have an indestructible style. Either way the micro fine spray keeps hair from looking lacquered and crunchy. Normally I use it for smoothing hair/killing flyaways and giving my hair some soft volume. What I really like about this is that it keeps my hair touchable looking. You can brush it out easily and it doesn't flake or get gross.. makes restyling very easy.

The smell however can be a problem. It's a very retro scent that people either find charmingly old fashioned or really nasty. I'm not a fan, but since it doesn't last long, I don't really mind. Over all this is a terrific hairspray and totally worthy of a 5.

on 10/3/2013 7:48:00 AM

L'Oreal Elnett is my all time favorite. I keep coming back after trying everything else, even though it's pricey. My hair is naturally wavy & frizzy.Love the microfine spray that doesn't leave hair looking sectioned by spray. It brushes through easily & retains shape. When travelling, could skip several days washing, just re-styling with brush, blowdryer & spray. It doesn't build up when you brush it. Prefer unscented, but perfume doesn't last long.Does well in high humidity/rain, especially if not brushed over. Adds some needed texture to my hair that can be too soft, and never leaves a sticky feel. Great stuff!

I really want to love this hairspray but to be honest, I am starting to think it gets a lot of press since it's a 'classic' - kind of like a certain green and pink mascara tube we all know. Let's talk about the thing that everyone else hates. The smell. Yes, it's weird and chemically and grandma's perfume-like. What's with that? The smell doesn't even dissipate that quickly, either. In addition, I spray this stuff all over, I smell funny - and then there's no hold. It just gives this heavy, kind of dirty feeling texture to my mop. In addition, I notice it makes my hair become greasier - quicker. I'm a redhead so I try to wash as little as humanly possible (within reason!) since I don't want my hair to fade. I wear this stuff, my hair's greasy at the root the next day. Real bummer here, I like how elegant the gold can appears.