July 28, 2014 | 1296 users online

Pressed Powders - Amazing Cosmetics - Powderset

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm pretty unimpressed with this product. I was really hoping it would be better. It does help set my under eye concealer pretty well, but that is about it. Doesn't seem to help control the oil breakthrough on my forehead or the longevity of my foundation. And despite being translucent, I can still see a slight whitish cast to my face. I use a soft powder brush to apply and apply pretty sparingly and still hit pan in only a month. I just bought a new finishing powder to try, so this one will go in my purse for touch ups, but I won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This powder literally did nothing because it is too packed into the pan I can barely any product out. I returned it immediately.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by therubyprincess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This just arrived today in an order I placed with Ulta. I like it. Very, very matte and does provide a velvety finish. The cons? The package looks pretty cheapo and I will bet it doesn't last for very long. Also, no sponge or brush to apply this with so picked up an ELF small face kabuki which really did a great job. So far no itching or caking. It's a tad light for translucent but far as I'm concerned, me likey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best pressed-powder I've ever tried, and I've tried them all! I have very very porcelain, very very sensative skin, and this is the first pressed powder that didn't look too dark or orange on me, and didn't make me break out. It also does what's it's supposed do, by setting your makeup and keeping oil at bay. If you are sensitive to talc, this won't work for you, but luckily, talc is one of the very few things that I don't have a bad reaction to. Also, if you have darker skin, this may not be as transluscent on you. For ladies like me though, who are fair-skinned, and want a powder with as few icky ingredients as possible, this is wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This work great as a finishing powder and it is light and not caked up on the skin; somehow, it will wear off a little on my skin, so I think it is important to carry this in your purse. I apply this with a retractable kabuki brush , I do not use the sponge it comes with because this will sometimes be too much powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by mora182

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This would have been a great translucent setting powder, but unfortunately I had an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients and broke out really badly. If you have sensitive skin, I would try something else. For normal or oily skin, this would probably a good choice. It does set makeup all day and keep oil at bay. You only need to touch up once or twice throughout the entire day, even if you're pretty oily. You do need to use your own brush/applicator because it's not included.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by cherrybombVIXEN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Powderset is truly amazing Sets my makeup ALL DAY and keeps it fresh. Completely translucent, so you cant even see it. Makes my make-up waterproof. i use this along with velvet mineral (poweder not pressed). touch ups are a breeze and it doent cake on or make you look ashy. I apply it with a soft powder blush!..LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by rtaylor01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Too thick. Not translucent. MAC blotting is better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by TwoBostons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a setting powder that comes in a compact. There is no puff included, so you need something to apply--I use a brush. It is translucent and very finely milled powder that sets foundation beautifully and does not settle into fine lines. I carry this in my purse and use it to powder my nose mid-day. After that, I'm good till I get home.

I have gone through this product much more quickly than with a traditional powder compact. I think this is because I use it regularly with a brush, not with a cosmetic puff that gets icky after a few uses (then I usually stop using and forget to replace the puff!). While the surface area of pressed powders typically gunks up on the top layer due to exposure to your face oil, this one has not and has remained as easy to use as the day I bought it. It has been a while, but I recall it was about $16 at Ulta. I will definitely purchase this again.

Contains .32oz/9g of product
Ingredients: Talc, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl, Propylparaben.
Made in USA