paula deen-candles

4.3

on 2/1/2013 12:10:00 PM

My mom bought me one of these candles in "French Toast" and god does it smell amazing. Even if I just keep it lit for half an hour, my room smells great for days. I was surprised to find that these aren't very expensive, and probably will buy these from now on, as opposed to the costly Yankee candles.

on 7/5/2012 12:32:00 AM

I have the blueberry 4 wick pan candle and it has amazing throw...and is very cute as well. You cannot use the pan for food, thought I may reuse it was a tart burner. I was considering other scents from this line, though it sounds as though it might be hit or miss. I simply adore this blueberry one, though, and plan to buy it again.

on 4/29/2009 5:31:00 PM

I really wanted to love these candles because they are so pretty, but I just cant. I bought several from Wal-Mart because they smelled delicious in the jar, and having Paula Deen's name on them made me think they would have to be of great quality. The jars are very heavy and have antiqued bronze looking metal lids with handles. As far as looks go, some of the nicest candles I have ever seen. They smell great in the jar, the peach cream smells like fresh peaches, the apple smells just like apples, etc. but the throw is awful. I have tried burning them for short periods as well as longer periods ( a couple hours) but they cannot be smelled unless you are within several feet of the candle. I set a candle on my desk only three feet from the entrance door and asked each person that walked in if they smelled it. Every one said no, until they bent down to smell it closer to it. I am really disappointed in this candle line. The price was not cheap either. The pint size was about six dollars. If I could return them, I would.
If you are planning on buying some candles from wal-mart, I recommend the GREEN line of soy candles, they have great throw and lightly scent several rooms at a time.

Popular Candles