October 24, 2014 | 1406 users online

Eyeliner - Trish McEvoy - Definer in Deep Aubergine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I already own this product in Black, Rich Brown, and Deep Amethyst (matte).

I like all of them, but found the Deep Amethyst to be just a tiny bit blue for me, since I have very green eyes.

So, when Trishmcevoy.com ran a 20%-off-plus-free-shipping deal, I decided to try Deep Aubergine.

The site doesn’t specify whether Deep Aubergine is matte or shimmer, so I asked an online representative, and she verified that it’s matte, as I’d suspected and hoped for.

So I fired off an order for Deep Aubergine, and I’m quite glad I did. As the other reviewers observed, at first glance, Deep Aubergine just looks like a matte dark brown. However, when I placed it side by side with Rich Brown, the difference is obvious; Deep Aubergine has a decided plum tone. On the skin, moistened with Inglot Duraline, it looks dark, almost black, but has that subtle hint of plum that softly plays up the green of my eyes, while giving a less harsh effect than black.

Used with Duraline, over the Eye Base Essentials on my super-oily lids, Deep Aubergine wears beautifully, staying color-true and un-smudged for at least six hours.

Like the other Eye Definers, Deep Aubergine features intense pigmentation, easy and smooth application (I use a MAC 210), long wear, and that softly defined look that I love.

It’s a bit on the pricey side at $18, and I wish it came with a compact, but I’d gladly buy Deep Aubergine again. Best of all, Trish McEvoy is a cruelty-free company, so I can buy with a clear conscience.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by renee1100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There is nothing more I can really add to all of the great reviews already here....but to say I love this! Very beautiful color, smooth as silk application, and lasts pretty well all day. I use this with Mac Shroom over my lid, and this in the crease and as my liner under and over my eyes. Very pretty! I've got this in Bronze too which I love. I want to try some other colors too. I also love her eyeshadows. I want to try more of her line....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used the charcoal definer for years and loved it. On MUA recommendations bought the aubergine and love it almost as much. It goes on smoothly and richly and it 's a beautiful deep eggplant, complements purple eyeshadows beautifully. Expensive for something that comes in a little plastic container and requires pricey compacts. Still love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 9:03:00 AM More reviews by alr1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I normally find powder liners difficult to apply and prefer the ease of a pencil, but this "cakier" liner is fantastic. You get great pigment and definition instantly so that you do not need to keep going over your eye. This color is a beautiful deep plum that is dark enough to truly add definition to your eyes and lashes. The color holds all day and does not flake. I am a brown eyed girl, and this one makes my eyes pop. I apply it with a Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 11:22:00 PM More reviews by TMD1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have resisted buying this eyeliner for a long time and finally caved. I am so glad that I did. It is the perfect 'not too dark for work' eyeliner and looks awesome with my hazel eyes! Just a bit of sparkle and adding more 'layers' this quickly becomes a great 'evening' look! A must have for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 6:45:00 AM More reviews by mmhilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Will not need to buy again, but if I lost it I would. This is a cake eyeliner that the color can be intensified the more you add on. Unlike creams of that nature, your lids do not feel heavy, or caked with eyeliner. Depending on your brushes you can use this as both an eyeliner, and yes, a shadow. But use carefully as this color is dark. It stays well put from day to evening and now that I have discovered this little gem I will buy more colors. The packaging is a flimsy plastic case. This is meant to be put into a palette. (FYI if you're buying solo). The color is a deep wine with slight goldish undertones. I am cool toned, and it looks great, I am sure on a warmer tone it would look even better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was at Saks Fifth Avenue and came upon the Trish McEvoy counter as I am still in the search for a foundation. They sold me the palest shade in the tinted moisturizer, which I HATED. However..this is the BOMB!! I also got this in the deep amythest, carribean blue and deep brown. My search for the perfect eyeliner is over. I have tried them all, from gel, to cream, to pencil, to liquid and even cake and this is THE BEST, bar NONE!!! I buy the Finishline, that you apply to the brush that makes this go on very smooth and matte. It is absolutely a HG for me from now on!! And the price is reasonable!!! For reference, I am about to be 53 in a few weeks and have very pale skin, blue red undertones, and blue green eyes. GET IT, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2007 4:28:00 PM More reviews by ela1235

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this based soley on the reviews here, sight unseen. I'm always in search of the perfect liner to make my greenish eyes really green or pop. This didn't do it. It's an okay color, but the formula is great. I'll look at other colors of the same product and will probably keep using this, but won't rebuy this specific color.

Oh, and if anyone knows of an actual compact to hold these, please let me know! I'm using the disposable plastic thing it came in.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2007 12:43:00 AM More reviews by FunnyValentine

MUA's reviewers are right as usual--This eyeshadow (which I apply dry as an eyeliner) is great. It stays on through my workouts, and is indeed densely pigmented (like a really deep brown).
I ordered it online, and it came in a disposable plastic container.
When I went to Sephora in search of a case for it, a sweet saleswoman suggested I order one from Beauty Buffet. It's perfect for it (magnetized, so you can just plop the eyeshadow right in).
Edit:
Unfortunately, this has parabens, so I won't be repurchasing (if ever I run out).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 8:07:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

This is a densely pigmented powder eyeliner in a deep reddish brown shade (aubergine it's not - more like chocolate). With a good brush you can get a really precise application, wet or dry, and it's easy to smudge out too. The shade is perfect for making my green eyes pop, and it applies densely straight away, no need to build up layers. Lasting power is not eternal, but no worse than any similar product. At the end of the day I find I've still got plenty of product left right next to the lashes, though any on the lid tends to fade out quite a bit. Another minus is that it comes completely unpackaged - you need to buy a Trish charger or planner page for it, or use your own palette. But the product itself is second only to Trish's gel liner in the same shade.