July 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Lip Gloss - Yves Saint Laurent - Gloss Pur #3 Pure Coral

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this along with the Rouge Pur #144 about a couple of years ago.
It is more versatile than its accompanying lipstick. I can definitely wear this over other colours (eg pink, berry) and it compliments them in unexpected ways.
It applies quite well, and it is not sticky -in the lips. If a stray hair lands on my lips, though... it stays there forever.
The scent is heavy, not unpleasant but very-very sweet. Even the taste is extremely sweet. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but you should be aware.
The staying power is so and so. I only have a couple of other lipglosses (Sisley, Shiseido, Bourjois) and they all seem to last a couple of hours before they are completely gone. It fades gradually so it is not a big problem. I have never worn this alone, so I cannot comment in this area.
The packaging is very classy but I keep it in my bag, in a special compartment so it does not get battered, and still its corners got chipped off and black shows beneath, so now it is very tacky and sad to look upon...
All in all expensive, very sweet scented/tasting, normal staying power and unexpectedly versatile.
I do not think I will repurchase, though. It is not THAT essential for its price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is way overpriced because there are cheaper lipglosses out there that are allot better. This accentuates liplines that I did not even know I had! I find that it also dries out my lips if I use it often. The color is great, it smells nice but the quality you get is not what you pay for.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For a lip gloss that costs so much, I expected better staying power, but it's really liquidy and not tacky enough. Even after initial application, you can feel it--it feels hydrating, but is so slippery that the color will be gone before you know it. You def. do not get much for the price...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really dont understand why nobody tells you this before you buy Yves St-laurent glosses... I felt like I was going to get such a quality gloss for 40$.. FYI your not! By gel-like texture people mean it is liquid-y and doesnt distribute evenly the color.. the brush splays too much product gets in the cap but worst of all.. IT LASTS 10 minutes! I realllllyyyy love this color dont get me wrong the orange-ish shade is the perfect sheerness to make it wearable, the packaging is to die for.. just divine. I just wish somebody would put up the review that it doesnt last.. at all! I dont know why nobody else openly states how little the lasting power is. So if you dont put any lipstick underneath or if you dont put anything but lipgloss and hope it will last.. it will last about as much at 20 minutes.. and it smells amazing looks fantastic but theres no sticky feeling and you will need to reapply all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by orngeppyseed

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first ysl product. i really wanted a sheer (not shimmery or pigmented) lipgloss and i bought it after loads of research and asking around in MUA(thank youMUA!)..and i am so glad i bought it! It cost 46AUD so it was on the pricey range, definitely. I love the fresh melon-like scent and the beautiful sheer coral colour. it's not for those wanting a pigmented gloss- it;s sheer, which i like. i love how it lasts for hours even after i eat, and wears off very naturally. it's not very sticky, but does have an almost gel-like texture. it makes my lips appear plumper. i love wearing over my BBpot rouge in pink raspberry on my lips, because it neutralises the cool tone(i'm warm-toned) and helps the colour last. i love the quality of this gloss, the packaging is lovely, and i'd like to try out the other shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by dreamtodance333

Love this. It's really glossy without being glittery. The scent is a cross between apricots and mangos and isn't too overbearing unlike other brands. I find that you have to apply the gloss rather thickly for pigmentation to show up (which is fine as it isn't very sticky).

At first I was worried the gloss would be too orange but as it is slightly sheer, it all balanced out. Love this gloss and will be purchasing other colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by luna_z

I really love this gloss. The color is very beautiful coral, and it lasts very long. I can feel that my face seems much brighter after I apply this on. And it can make your lip look juicy and sexy ;) I mean, I have lipstick and gloss from Dior, Chanel, GA, EL, and etc. But this is the first product that makes my lip look "thicker". ;) you know what I mean? And the smell is very nice too, like orange or sth.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 6:33:00 AM More reviews by LindaPhuongTran

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this gloss =)! It's my favourite! It's long lasting on me, and lasts at least a couple of hours. It smells amazing and isn't sticky like other glosses. I also love the colour. As with all YSL products, it's top quality and I would definitely buy this again. It's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 7:43:00 AM More reviews by amy84023

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this gloss! The consistency is thick, yet it is not sticky like MAC lipglosses. The gloss has an amazing smell/taste, which is described on sephora.com as mango, but smells/tastes more like apricots to me. The color lasts on me for about 2 hours. Less if I lick my lips too much because of the yummy taste. The main reason that I love this gloss is that I am allergic to mica and lanolin, and this product has neither. I usually can not find any lipgloss to buy/wear, and I was elated when I found this. It is pricey, but considering my special needs, I was willing to pay the money. Since I only buy lipgloss 1 or 2 times a year (because of the ingredient restrictions) I didn't have a problem forking over the money for this. I could see, though, how people would shy away from this based on the price. But, to me, it is totally worth it and I would definitely recommend at least going to the store to try it out.