November 29, 2014 | 906 users online

Hair Color - Dark & Lovely Reviving Colors

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by GoldieLocs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Today, I took the time to relax my hair and add the Dark and Lovely Reviving Colors Spiced Auburn to my hair. I followed the directions to the T and thinking that after rinsing my hair, for what seemed like hours, and drying I saw no color change at all. My hair is just as dark now as it was in the beginning and all I'm getting are red fingers every time I touch my hair. I stepped outside to see if I could see any difference in natural light...nothing. I'm highly disappointed. I know it takes a lot to change dark hair to a lighter color, which is the reason I chose this color, but to remain the same color is ridiculous. Would I use this product again? No. I can't see myself buying this again only to get the same results. I would, however, recommend this to people who have light hair (other than jet black). It might work for them but for those of you whose hair is jet black like mine, don't waste your time or money purchasing this product. I feel the only good thing about this product is that it did not dry my hair and I'm not sure if it was the combination of the color and the relaxer but it made my hair shine and left it softer than ever as well . I will let a professional do my color next time to achieve the look and color that I want.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by dany06

I recently used the natural black on my mother's very gray (really looks white) hairs. She get patches of white in the front of her head and very few white strands in the back. For the past 5 months we have been using clairol beautiful collection, the clairol advanced grey solutions and few other semi permanent colors that are available at local stores. Every one of them had a hard time coloring her white hairs except the dark and lovely natural black.

The color took perfectly. There are no red or purple looking roots in the front where the color didnt take properly. The natural black is a very dark black color so I cant imagine how much darker the radient black (a shade darker) could be. It does look natural with out having any brown tones. So it will not give you 1b (off black) looking hair. It is definitely 1 (jet black) hair.

I also like the packaging. It comes with gloves, a bag to put over your hair, leave-in conditioner and directions all in one box. Most other brands are just bottles and you have to supply the rest.

Two other things that I like about the product is that the price is pretty competitive and its available practically everywhere. I can find it at my local grocery store, dollar general and walmart. Depending on the store, the price ranges from about $4.50 to $5.50. Thats much better than clairol which i can only find at beauty supply stores and a few select drugstores. Plus clairol is about 2 to 3 dollars more.

Overall, i like this product and will buy it again. I think that i will try it on my own hair next time and give an update.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I used color: black. This dried out my hair really badly.