April 18, 2014 | 1913 users online

Toners - Chanel - Lotion purete mattifying toner

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by MSaintH

I ran out of my Yonka toner (Yonka lotion PG) and decided I'd try something new.

It's hard to say if the improvement I have experienced is solely from switching to the Chanel toner, since I switched to the Chanel Mat Lumiere foundation as well as the Chanel Les Beiges powder all at the same time (was on quite the Chanel kick).

My skin is looking great and 8 hours into my day, it is MUCH less oily and actually looks like I just applied my morning makeup within the hour. I think it's a result of the 3 products combined... but definitely think this toner has a lot to do with it.

Now a review on the toner alone... I am not a huge fan of the rather perfumey smell. I prefer the Yonka natural scent (that stuff smells like angel tears).

The bottle could be glass for the price of it.

Would I buy again? Probably.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by BrandonBoston

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Grey, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

When used in conjunction with Chanel's Gel Purete cleanser, this toner works to remove any leftover dirt and oil from cleansing. A mattifying toner, it has a great scent and does not over dry the skin. I highly recommend this for anyone who battles oily and shiny skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by pgherin

I adore this toner. It is on the pricier end as toners are concerned but for a great product it is worth the price and a small bit of this actually does go a long way. I use this product after Chanel's Gel Purete or Mousse Exfoliante Purete. The best part of the product for me is that I can actually feel the toner working, which is from the Bioglucane and Tulip Tree Concentrated Water. An added bonus with this product is the mattifying factor. I am oily in the t-zone and forehead and this product in conjunction with Purete Ideale Serum really helps to stop the oil which is a bonus on days I don't want to wear makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by D0nut5

Have been using it for about a week and so far so good....CHANEL precision line has three different toners one for oily which is this one, and a pink one for combination skin (gental) , and a blue one for normal to dry skin..I use two different toners (Pink) one before bed and the(green) one in the morning cause I tend to get oily by noon...

First I love the scent smells so good...But for the Price at around $45 I think it should be in a glass bottle...(use to use pola cosmetics toner(glass bottle price the same)) Has not cause any breakouts or overdrying at all...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by EssBeeMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After just two days of use, this serum caused me to break out -- not acne, but actual rash-like little red bumps all over the areas where I had applied the serum. It took 5 days after I stopped using the product for the breakout to clear up. Needless to say, I returned it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2010 6:14:00 AM More reviews by blackholes

This is a good toner, but definitely not the best of Chanel's toners. Its refreshing and removes dirt after I cleanse my face with the Chanel gel cleanser, but I feel more like I'm applying water on my face. I've recently begun using the Lotion Confort instead, and I like that one better. I will not be repurchasing this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by skincrazy5

I really like this toner. I use it day and night after I cleanse with my Chanel cleansers. It has a nice light fresh smell. It gets my skin really clean and it does mattify for the time being but It doesn't control my oil, that's not what it's meant to do. it's just supposed to clean the skin even further and thats what it does. Just an overall nice toner. I live it. Nothing would control my extremely oily skin. I just use oil absorbing sheets! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by just55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this toner. very refreshing and purifying for the skin. it has Tulip Tree Extract in it which aids as a protective barrier against the skin for pollutants. I use this along with all other Chanel skincare products. This along with the Gel Purete cleanser is my HG, I always repurchase. packaging is gorgeous and I love to use it every day. It is nice for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by msgiang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This toner is probably the best toner i have ever used on my face. my skin gets very very dry when i wash it then 4 hours later my face would break out into ALOT of oil!!! -GROSS- I kid not I can use up to 5 sheets of that oil removing pads. The toner keeps my face from chapping after my daily wash and it keeps the oil under control for the most part. The only down side is, its freaking expensive!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by gagajm

this product is really great. for 45 dollars 6.8 fl oz is a great size. goes on easy and really works well on my oily/combo skin. doesnt over dry, some days i can even go without lotion afterwards. i would definitely by this product again.