July 31, 2014 | 1328 users online

Polishes - Orly - Sugar Plum

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by polishnut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Orly's Sugar Plum is a medium-light blue-based pink polish leaning a little toward lavender with a pearl finish. While I'm not partial to "frost" or even "pearl" finishes, this one is tolerable. Application was very smooth with bottle color and almost total opacity at two coast but I added three just to intensify the color and completely get rid of visible nail lines. With Seche Vite as my topcoat, this one dried very quickly and was rock hard at 20 minutes. Wear time was very good at six days with no chips. I'm not "loving" the finish on this one but the color would send me back to buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by mbergmann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very pretty, shiny color. A mix between a purple and a pink. I usually wear pinks but loved the soft purple in certain lights.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by labornurse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the rubber grips on the handle, It really helps you handle the brush, also there is a bit more product in these than other polishes. The color is a lilac mauvey pink pearl. Very pretty, goes on smoothly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by mudpie1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Orly's Sugar Plum is a light blue-based pink polish with a pearly/bordering on frosty finish. In the bottle it looks like a frosty purple so I was hesitant to buy it and when I started my mani it was looking like it was going to have a frosty finish - you know, the one with all the visible brush strokes! By the time I was done it had evened out into a shimmery pearly finish but was almost a frost. (Basically, if you go back to the 1980s there were "pearl" finishes and 'frost" finishes - this one is a "pearl".) It took three coats to be completely opaque but it went on smoothly. Drying time was a little on the slow side which I have found with some Orlys. With Seche Vite over all layers, it was completely dry and rock hard half an hour after the SV top coat. The finished mani is shiny but not quite as glassy as some other polish lines (OPI and China Glaze in particular.) Wear time was a good week with no chips or crazing. All in all, I indicated that I would buy this again because I love the color but I'm on the fence with the finish.