November 27, 2014 | 996 users online

Treatments (Face) - Ren - Rose Synergy O12 Restoring Facial Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by katiem555

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive, very dry skin (especially in winter) with rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis. While this doesn't do much of anything for my rosacea, as far as I can tell, it definitely doesn't irritate it either, which is actually quite a nice surprise as I thought I'd have to keep this away from my cheeks. It isn't intensely hydrating but it does offer some moisture (preferable for me really because it means I can use it in summer too), I wouldn't buy it for hydration though. I love this because it really soothes the SD. I have it around my nose; little bumps and flakiness and a lot of redness, and this is genuinely the most effective thing I've used on it so far. Doesn't do a lot for the redness but it really does its thang on the bumps. I think it might be the seabuckthorn oil, I've seen some people reference that on SD forums as being beneficial.

The glass bottle is impractical but pretty. 42 for 30ml is extortionate but worth it imo. I love REN's ethos too, really reassuring; nice to know the stuff I'm putting on my face isn't loaded with crap.
Doesn't take too long to absorb when accompanied by some heavy duty massage. Leaves a nice dewy glow. It smells foul though.

To conclude; price is way off but I stomach it for the results, it smells rank (but the smell fades pretty quickly), the packaging is daft but pretty, and the results of the oil itself are really nice. I use it twice a day and moisturise afterwards because my skin is dry as sticks this time of year. I'm acne-prone and it doesn't break me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by aoife101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Disappointing, a thick facial oil rather than a serum with a lovely fresh rose scent - but which failed to deliver any benefits and broke me out - very rare for my skin. I used it at night in place of a moisturizer but didn't see any real added-value to dry skin on forehead or cheeks that would make it want to drop my moisturizer in future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by alina08

It is a little bit difficult to evaluate this product because there is a big disparity in the quality of the item and its price. I do think this is a very nice facial oil. It definitely moisturizes with no irritation, softens skin, and leaves a smooth texture. The packaging is also very elegant (although I do not recommend keeping this clear glass bottle on display). The thing is, at the end of the day, if I am going to pay eighty dollars for this product, I want to see eighty dollars worth of results. This product cannot really deliver that, because it was not designed to eliminate discoloration/hyperpigmentation/melasma (even though it contains rose hip oil, high in vitamin C). It also contains some fragrance which some people with sensitive skin might find irritating (citronellol, linalool). Although this oil leaves my skin with a light fragrance of rose, I know it is not the scent of the product that has transformative powers. My skin felt very nice after using this product, but I did not notice any dramatic changes in my skin tone or texture of the skin. I can see better results with the Shea Terra Organics Certified Organic Rose Hips Oil, which is a fraction of the price. Although I waver between giving this product three and four lippies, I think overall the quality of the product is good, but not amazing. This product really deserves 3.5 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice oily serum. The smell is not my favorite for skin care, but if you like the smell of rose oil, it's ok, I just think it's too synthetic. After exfoliating, I left it on for an hour before I applied my moisturizer in the evening. I also tried it the next evening without exfoliating. I think my skin had a minor reaction to it, since I was a little red (I react to most oils, especially my eyes can become swollen and sting). I waked up with a very soft and nice looking skin that felt quite hydrated. However, I've had same results by just applying olive oil or other cheaper oils, and I can't stop looking at the reviews on www.beautypedia.com, where it is rated as "poor" because of some irritating ingredients and the price that is too high, compared to what it contains and does for the skin (they recommend the Omega oil from same brand). Huge plus that it is paraben-free. It's a good product, but I will not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This the only skin care product I have ever used that I could never imagine living without. It's truly a miracle worker for me - and I don't believe in miracles when it comes to skincare.

My skin is normal, sometimes leaning to dry, not breakout prone. I'm looking for skincare that will give me that glowing, dewy look and the Ren oil gave me all of that and more! The first few times I used it (day and night) I noticed my skin looking smoother and feeling very soft, and overall, I just looked healthy and rested. After a few weeks, my skin was transformed! Any pigmentation or old acne scars were fading drastically. My pores looked smaller, and my skin WITHOUT make up looked almost airbrushed. Over time I found myself reaching for less and less foundation. A previous review on here said that this oil is 'youth in a bottle' and I completely agree!

Packaging: Glass bottle with a pump. I know oils and glass bottles can be a disaster waiting to happen (wet bathroom, slippery glass bottle...). I keep mine on my vanity table to avoid disasters. My only issue with the packaging is that it's leak prone. It comes with this little plastic cover on the pump which somehow never really stays on the bottle. So just be careful with the bottle. Make sure to always store the bottle standing up to avoid leakage.

I apply the oil both day and night (and I do currently live in a hot, humid climate). I use my cleanser, remove my make up, use toner, and then spray my skin with a face mist. I apply a few drops of the rose oil to my damp face and neck. I wait about 2-5 minutes and then apply my regular moisturizer on top. Another way I apply the oil is by mixing a few drops directly in a dollop of moisturizer. I've used many face oils and this is a heavier one - it takes longer to sink in than others (Ie: Decleor sinks in very quick for me!) So I have to wait 15-20 minutes for the oil to sink in to my skin before doing my make up in the mornings.

The scent is rose of course. I love rose scented anything so obviously I like it. The smell fades quickly though. Don't worry about your face smelling like flowers all day.

With face oils, I would just recommend to experiment with them and see what works for you and your skin type. You may not find a need to use it both day and night, you might need to use an extra drop on certain days, you might need to 'pat' the oil in versus massaging it in, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am actually obsessed with this oil. I love face oils to begin with and have been using one for at least the last five years (my favorite unfettered oil is sunflower oil), but this is my favorite blend so far. This is some seriously luxurious face oil. It smells lovely, like a bunch of fresh flowers, not exclusively rose and has a golden color. It feels plush, or as plush as an oil can feel and sinks right into my skin. I used it night and day and made it last about 4 months. I used more at night than I did in the morning, but on my next bottle, I'll probably skip using it in the day unless I'm super dry. I mostly used it as my serum, but sometimes I mixed it with my foundation or my night cream and I liked it like that, too. After using it at night, I always woke up to hydrated, plump even-toned skin. It never broke me out and actually helped heal blemishes quicker. It also took care of my red marks from previous acne. I have eczema, sadly sometimes on my face, and it never irritated it or exacerbated it. In fact, it helped moisturize my flaky skin. I love this stuff and highly recommend it. I think it's worth the price and if you use it exclusively at night, you could probably get 8 months out of it. Will definitely, definitely repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

I stopped using this because it would leak if it fell. Also, you need to blot your face after to prevent transfer all over your bedding. It definitely is not something to apply if you're leaving the house anytime soon. The results were decent, but nowadays I just use jojoba oil for a similar result without the rose smell and for a third of the cost. I don't know if I'll go back to this.

Pros: beautiful scent, moisturizing overnight
Cons: oily, packaging, expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by TSST

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I use this product everyday to regulate my sensitive skin. Without it, my skin around my mouth gets very dry but my nose and cheeks stay oily. I use this as my moisturizer everyday in the morning and night. In the evening, I use this with my moisturizer and then use renova every other day.
It is really expensive but I have not found anything that works as well. I have tried Evan Healy, jojoba oil (too drying), Josie Marian (greasy), tartes marcula oil (ok but not as moisturizing)...
Ren smells nice and is my staple product to keep my skin smooth and tolerant of renova.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

I am quite impressed with REN skincare - the rose based line. It is absolutely fantastic.
This rose serum is rich in omega 3 and 6 as well as the wonderful rose oil. I truly believe rose oil is magical for its skin care properties and aromatherapy benefits. Actually between this and the new Clarins' Double Serum ( yes, reformulated - highly perfumed now ,less rich in oil it seems ) - I'll take this one !
A drop or two is all that is needed of this golden colored oil. The rose aroma is there but it is subtle and lasts about half an hour ie. the time after applying when I can actually smell it.
The oil goes on smoothly and leaves a sheen . I suggest a very small amount in the morning under moisturiser and a double amount at night.
My skin has been sensitive recently - no thanks to Josie Maran's Argan Oil Cleanser ! This soothes it right now.
Very very good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by gingertoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on my 4th bottle of this, I've been using it for about a year. I use 2 drops every night. In summer, I don't need a night cream on top, but in winter I do. The oil has definitely reduced the redness and flakey dryness I used to have around my mouth, nose and chin. It always sinks in really well and never irritates my skin.

I haven't noticed it helping the fine lines around my eyes, or the texture of my skin generally, but I mostly use it for its anti-inflammatory properties (inflammation causes skin ageing).

The packaging is nice, but the shape of the bottle is a bit annoying because it falls over all the time, so I tend to keep it on its side.