October 23, 2014 | 1183 users online

Eyes - Laura Geller - Eye Rimz Baked Wet/Dry Accents

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

I have the 5 piece "Eye Rimz Gift Set" from Dermstore which comes with 4 shades and a brush for $26. From what I can tell, these are all regular sized liners/shadows which seems like a pretty awesome deal. The shades are: "Violet Voodoo" - an iridescent purple & kohl swirl, "Firewater" - a shimmering turquoise & kohl swirl, "Rich Rust" (they call it Rich Dust on the website but the product itself says "Rust") - a shimmering burnt sienna/copper & kohl swirl and "Supernatural Smoke" - a shimmerying gunmetal grey. These are pretty much like every other baked product in that they go on rather sheer when dry but when used with a damp brush, give a more intense and opaque colour payoff. You could use these wet or dry for an eyeshadow, but they really only work as an eye liner when used with a wet brush. While they all need a bit of work regarding wetting the brush, dabbing in the eye shadow to make a deep enough shade as a liner, applying, repeating... the "Violet Voodoo" needed the most work of all. (What IS it with these purple pigments??) They are really pretty when you take the time to apply them though. "Rich Rust" explodes into a shimmery copper/sienna metallic finish when used with a damp brush and the turquoise in 'Firewater" really pops out when used wet to line. "Violet Voodoo" is a more subdued blackened purple and "Supernatural Smoke" is a shimmery gunmetal, not really blackened but a dark silvery shade. If you're in a rush to apply, I would suggest using a black pencil first and then brushing over it with the shade of choice (wet or dry) if you want to either be really quick with the application or get a darker more intense liner look. Conversely, you could brush these over a black eye shadow for that extra little sparkle of colour. These will produce fallout (especially when used dry) so be prepared for that. Used with a damp brush, they will be more intense, last longer, and have less fall out. Now even though i thought this was a pretty sweet deal for 4 (since they're also sold individually for $26-$27), I also found out just *after* purchasing these that the Milani Marbled Baked Eyeshadows are really *really* similar for a fraction of the cost of these. Milani "Medley" is very similar to "Supernatural Smoke" (though the Medley is a bit lighter and has more shimmer) and the Milani "Mix it Up" is almost exactly the same as "Firewater". They are close enough that someone could probably not tell them apart, though to my eye the Milani is a smidge blacker with a bit less turquoise but otherwise, who would know? I got the Milani's at Dollar Tree a couple months earlier for $1 each. Milani's are also bigger at 1.5gms while the Laura Geller are 1.2gms.

Would I buy these again? I'm on the fence but I said "yes" because If I saw a set with 4 completely different/unique shades that I had to have, I might? I would not spend $26 for just one of these though and they will probably last me quite a while. So yes, they are beautiful (especially Rich Rust and Firewater) though if you can find their bargain counterparts you don't really NEED them (unless it's a shade you MUST have).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by NumberSixBiitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

love, love, LOVE Blue Voodoo! it goes on bright and really makes eyes *pop*! (even when you don't apply it wet)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by katielouiseoct86

Im actually really impressed with these shadows! Pigmentation is wonderful. The shimmer is really pretty without being a mess. The packaging is durable and well done with cute half mirror half window. The brush it comes with is good quality. I purchased Hocus Pocus and Crystal Cobalt and they both create a nice subtle smokey eye. Also these shadows are really pretty applied wet or used as a liner. Really enjoying these!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My eyeshadows and liners of choice!. I have a copper, a plum and a split silver and amethyst one and love them all, they are very pigmented so you can choose your depth of colour the more the better for me!. I think the plum is my favourite I wet the purpley parts and it becomes a beautiful liner that stays put all day. I love the versatility of these and have just ordered blue voodoo can't wait for that to arrive. Highly recommended for anyone who loves colour and definition.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by usherlover695

im obsessed with the cobalt blue one!!! its amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those products that I've had forever, but don't use regularly. I had purchased the Eye Rimz in Potion (purple, black, white) at Sephora when they were having their final sale on Geller Products. Laura Geller is kind of hit or miss with me. I love her body frosting, but cannot stand her Balance and Brighten--her "light" color just oxidizes like crazy on me and is definitely a no go for me.
I am just rediscovering her spackle for lips and eyes as well.
Anyway, on with the review. I'm not big on "color" on my eyes. Although "they" say that purple is a pretty universal color that is flattering on everyone, I just keep to my neutrals. That being said, recently I discovered the Pixiwoo sisters--they have wonderful tutorials on youtube that are a godsend for "mature' women--they use their mom as a model. They've used a purplish color on her and I realized I had this potion Eye Rimz in my makeup stash. I decided to use it again...and I have to say that I am impressed with how intense the pigmentation is. WOW. I really need a light hand with this. I used this as both an eyeshadow AND a liner (followed the pixiwoo way) and was very pleased. Overall, this is a good multi-tasking product for both a shadow and liner. I used an extremely thin angled brush for the lining, and brushed "up" to soften the liner. Then I used a light hand and a bigger brush for the crease in my eyes. I also softly lined the outer half of my bottom lids...and it looks really good.
Although I love the way my eyes look with this EyeRimz, I would not use it as an everyday look. I would most definitely use this for evenings and special occassions.
Now realize that I paid a very low price for this product, but on her website, it sells for 26.00. While I do think this is pricey, I will say that a very little bit goes a long, long way due to the wonderfully intense pigmentation. It also doubles as an eyeliner/shadow so you do get a lot for your money. The packaging is alright, the metal tin holding the shadow/liner, became loose in the plastic container. In addition, although I will have this for a long time, I absolutely would re-purchase.
Since I'm currently on a no-buy, this re-discovery was a charm! I love when products are rediscovered! LG did very well with this product.
Keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by BarbItalia

I own Eye Rimz in "Potion"- shimmery swirls of black, purple and white - which is a GORGEOUS LINER used wet! So easy to control and layer, picking up the shade(s) you want from the cake and mixing or applying. I apply wet and, when dry, lightly go over my line with "Jesse's Girl Transformer" for extra wear. Love the little color-coordinated brush, although it would be so much better if it fit somehow with the product itself as the brush is tiny and where do you keep it when you're not using the product? It gets lost among all my other regular-sized brushes, so I gave 3 instead of 5 for packaging. I've never used this dry but I should, in the crease and outer V. I want to tell you that, since finding Milani's Baked Marbled Eyeshadows, I've purchased both their black/gold and black/teal rather than Laura's. They are just as nice, have a bit of sparkle and are so much cheaper. I couldn't help myself, Laura!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the bronze in a kit, I must admit this works better on me as a eyeshadow than as an eyeliner due to my tan skin. The shimmer is good is longwearing. I used this with my ELF c eyeshadow brush. Overall, its a good basic brown shimmery eyeshadow, it isnt anything special for me to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by jagratti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the Bronze version and although I loved the look of it in the pan, the colour wasn't as intense as I'd have liked it to be and I found that glitter migrated around my eyes by the end of the day. Maybe I'll have to play around with it a bit more as it does have potential.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by moonbeam62

This is an item that I have had and used for years. I have it in the black/plum combination and am not sure they still make this color combo. I do own a couple of her other eye rimz that she added sparkle to which I am not crazy about.

This black/plum combination is so good. It doesn't dry out half way through the product the way gel liners do, is so easy to apply and never turns bad. I truly love cake liner and sometimes wonder why I use anything else except that I am an eyeliner and blush addict!! You can buy a sealer or an additive now that will make the liner waterproof. Even without those products this lasts all day on me.

The liner is a cake form and looks like a shadow, in fact you can use this as a shadow to create a smokey eye if you wish. I take a fine liner or a flat headed push brush Nars #2...add two or three small drops of water to the color desired and pat the brush into the pan until the liner is the desired consistency. It applies just like a liquid liner so for the novice it may take a little practice, if this is the case I would recommend beginning using the push brush and graduate to a fine liner brush when you master the technique. You can make an amazing dramatic eye or the softest natural look by applying the liner in dry form. After adding two drops of water to the cake liner it will dry to its original form within minutes so you need to work with it at once. If it dries before you finish just add another drop of water.

Its a great versatile product to own and if you sway toward using a gel or pencil liners for a few months or even a year this product will still be in your kit as good as new waiting for you to remember how wonderful it was. If you are like me and prefer a matte liner and cannot find this in that form by Laura Geller I know that Laura Mercier, Chanel, Ben Nye, and I think* Bobbi Brown might even have one.

I can't say enough about cake liners. Very under rated product that everyone would enjoy. I will always repurchase these and its a safe bet that they will be available since someone has been making them since before we were all born! That in itself is proof how good it is.