October 1, 2014 | 1832 users online

Makeup Brushes - Quo - Kabuki Brush

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

I've tried a ton of various Quo eye and face brushes and had no issues with them - this one however, is horrible in every way.

The hairs are scratchy and make my face itch. They also shed constantly, and become more rough and scratchy after washings and only a few weeks of use. I also find the shape does not work well to blend. . .and then of course it sheds all over your face. Lastly, the silver paint over the wood handle constantly chips and falls right off - so if I take it with me in my make-up bag, there will be silver paint chips everywhere. If I leave it sitting on my shelf, for whatever reason there will be paint chips on my shelf. I don't get it - this never happened with any of my other Quo brushes. After a few months all the shedding, scratchiness and paint chips became too annoying and I had to toss this into the bin.

While I recommend the other Quo brushes, this one should be avoided like the plague unless they fix all these issues. My $3 ELF brush is a thousand times better, it's embarrassing Quo charges around $20 for this crappy brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by maddyboyle

This actually pains me to say it because I am a huge quo fan, I own tons of their brushes that I LOVE, but I have no idea what went wrong with this brush. I bought it to try buffing out liquid/cream products on my face instead of the angled brush I am currently using. When I was checking it out at shoppers, I noticed it had a strong chemically scent and some shedding but I figured after a few good washes that would go away. However, I've had it for a month or so now with washing every few days and it's still shedding like crazy and smells horribly strong. Wish I had found time to return it within the period- just glad I got it on sale and didn't pay the full $22. Hope quo comes out with another, better flat top kabuki.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Sp0ntaneous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I personally use this brush stippling my liquid foundation onto my face. Although it is soft and in my opinion has lasted a long time, I am sure there are other brushes out there that are much better. Would I continue to use it? Yes. Would I recommend it to anyone? Probably not. It's not a terrible brush, as it gets the job done ...but it sheds, when you wash it handle starts to wear off and everything. Once again, not a terrible brush..have been using mine for about 2-3 years, but it isn't the greatest and for the price I'd expect better.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Adversely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have never tried a Quo makeup brush before and I probably never will again after my experience with their Kabuki Brush.

There isn't really a lot more that I can add to the negative reviews...The brush stinks when you take it out of the package but the worst thing of all is that the brush absolutely sucks. It sheds like crazy! At first I thought it was because the brush was new, but after several uses and washes the brush is still shedding. It isn't very flattering when you're trying to blend your foundation and end up with a bunch of white hairs all over your face! I wish that I could return this for a refund but I misplaced my receipt.

Avoid this brush at all costs!! It isn't worth the 22 dollars (+tax at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada) -- you can certainly find something cheaper and better. Honestly, the money you'd spend on the Quo Kabuki Brush is WAY too much for such shoddy merch; I wouldn't have even paid 10 dollars for it. Avoid, avoid, avoid!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by CoverGirl37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first bought this brush I was hoping it would be really good quality considering I paid over a little 20$ for it, but I was not really impressed with this product. Yes it is very soft, doesn't scratch my skin personally but i found that it shed really bad and the first time I washed it, it smelled horrible. Also the bristles got ruined and doesn't look the same after doing so. Perhaps I over washed it but I would have rather spent less money on a regular foundation brush that seems to have work better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by MacEng

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I specifically bought this brush after my Posh Kabuki wore out, because it has white bristles. The Posh had black, and when it shed, it would look gross... a long black hair stuck to my face or on my shirt. If I miss finding a white hair from this one, no one would notice. Yes, it sheds a little, but only like 2 or 3 hairs per use, not a big deal at all. I also wash it every week or two, and it still feels as nice and soft as when I bought it. It`s not scratchy or itchy at all to use, the bristles feel velvety. And price is no issue, I always buy stuff at Shopper`s when it`s on sale, and now I`ve had this brush for 3 or 4 years now, so it`s earned its keep. I would buy this again if I didn`t find another brush that seemed tempting (I`m bad for wanting to try new things, even if what I have is fine and works well!)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This brush is not up to quo normal standard.I don't know if this is because it has white bristles instead of black bristles like all of my other quo brushes.

.It was super scratchy and smelled like formaldehyde it was so strong it gave my a head ache after every use.This brush gave me what I can only describe as razor bumps on my skin that lasted into the next day.
Neither the smell nor the scratchiness improved after 3 washes so it was returned to the store.You can get much cheaper and softer ones from ebay that blend better .

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by makeupfinder21

I don't see how there are so many bad reviews on this brush.. for me, this was my first 'face' brush. So maybe that is why I like it.
This brush is VERY soft! It's so soft, I love to brush my fingers overtop of it before I do my makeup, or even when I see it laying around. :) the brush itself is packed full of hairs.. should I call them? Lots of product collects in the brush very easily, so I don't have to constantly fill it back with powder.
I don't find this brush sheds at all. Mind you, I have not washed it. I know, I know.. "ewww! Why wouldn't you wash it first?" Well.. it was wrapped in plastic first off. Secondly, after I read reviews saying the brush sheds whilst washing. I don't want that. My mom paid $22 CAD for this brush, I can't ruin it or she will have my throat.
Anyways, maybe I just got lucky, and it won't wreck on me. *knock on wood*! I would recommend for how it works.. price.. not so much.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by mirandaugh

I generally have not liked Quo brushes in the past (I think they're terribly scratchy), but decided to give this one a try because it felt super soft and looked cute (yeah, I got sucked in again by the cute factor). I washed it before using it as I always do, and the first time I went to use it, it felt really scratchy and shed like crazy! I washed it again and same deal. It also takes forever to dry and reeks like wet dog when you wash it because it's real hair (goat I think). And the price! You could get a MAC eyebrush for the price of this kabuki. In my opinion I have found that the Quo brushes are cheaply made, scratchy, and expensive. I won't give them anymore chances - no more Quo brushes for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by sofi333

i bought this since shoppers usually puts quo on sale for 40% off. some how it reminded me of the brush my grandpa used to but his shaving cream on with. looks aside this brush cracked as soon as i washed it because its handle is wooden, with a thin coat of silver paint over top. that aside, it also sheds like crazy and isnt the softest in texture either. such a disappointment as i love most of quo's brushes.