October 30, 2014 | 1585 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Sparkling Dew

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sparkling Dew is back! It's included in the Laura Mercier Cool Classics compact, a trio where 1/3 of was a throwaway, but Sparkling Dew was the sole reason I purchased the palette. SD has precisely what I wanted Laura Mercier's Morning Dew to have: a sateen finish. I agree there's nothing special about this color; it appears to be exactly the same as Morning Dew--an creamy, cool-neutral ivory with a whisper of peached pink. I use both SD and MD as an eye brightener, though to be fair, Morning/Sparkling Dew are almost the exact same color as my skin. What both do so well is even out the skin tone; the hint of pink is very good at minimizing unwanted brown or beige from sun damage. The primary difference is Sparkling Dew leaves a subtle glow on the lids, while Morning Dew is completely matte and can sometimes appear a touch powdery/chalky.

I realize this color doesn't get a lot of love, but I'd be thrilled to pieces if it went back into the regular lineup; I wouldn't even mind if it bumped Morning Dew off the shelves. Right now I am tickled pink to have both, and if SD doesn't come back for good, I might have Three Custom Colors reproduce it. It goes with absolutely everything for those of us with very fair skin tones and might make a good brow highlighter for darker skins.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

To me this shadow was nothing special. It is really not quite pigmented so I have to put on lot before it will actually be an eye opening shade. I also notice that this shadow is not long lasting on skin. I really think that all Laura Mercier Shadows have just as poor lasting power as Nars shadows. I prefer MAC Jest or Ricepaper for this or even the lightest shades of Covergirl Ice Princess quad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe no one reviewed this yet. I'm a huge fan of LM products; Vanilla Nuts is my everyday matte e/s. I bought Sparkling Dew for a change of pace, something with a little more color but not as much color as my special occasion e/s colors. The texture is the same lovely LM one I've come to love; the color is a beigey-pink with hardly any sparkle (that is good in my book; I can use it for daytime or as a highlighter). I had to give away my Stila shadows for being too sparkly, so being less is better for me (YMMV of course). I like it paired with a touch of my MAC Satin Taupe on the brow bone. It lasted all day worn over my Borghese e/s base.
1 lippie off because the new style case is hard for me to open.