April 20, 2014 | 1349 users online

Treatments - Revlon - S.O.S. Calm Roll-On

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 5:56:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, I have very dry and irritated scalp so I need a calming product to use after having washed my hair. Especially in the wintertime when it is the most dry and irritated.

My hairdresser recommended me this product from . S.O.S. Calm Roll-On Instant soothing care is an hydro-calming fluid for sensitive or irritated scalps. You apply it to sensitive areas in circular movements. You do not rinse afterwards. It has a non-greasy texture and a nice scent to it.

I've previously used Wella system professional sensitive lotion. I've liked it a lot although there's one big disadvantage with it. The texture is very liquid, almost watery which causes it to migrate towards the face when I apply it on dry areas above the hairline. In addition, it is not very economical since you have to use quite a bit and since it's so watery a lot of it goes down on your face and down your neck when applying. A waste of product is what it is. Therefore I wanted to try something new.

I must say that I like the texture of the S.O.S. Calm Roll-On a lot. It's non-greasy and definitely not as liquid as the Wella product. Also the scent is lovely. The packaging is very convenient. It's slim and sleek, allowing you to carry it in the purse for reapplying opportunities during the day. The roll-on is easy to use. However, I am not sure that it is as soothing to the dry scalp as the Wella product. Sure it is soothing but not as good as the sensitive lotion. It may not be soothing enough for me to use in the wintertime. Therefore I'm giving it four lippies.

However, I'm still going to repurchase. The convenient packaging is a big plus in my opinion. I'm going to carry this in the purse. continued >>