August 1, 2014 | 1914 users online

Bronzers - Bonne Bell - Powder Bronzer in Golden Tan

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Bombshell222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

By far, one of the best drug store bronzers out there. I've used the Clinique bronzer, which I love, but very expensive. This is comparable to that at a fraction of the cost. Has been a staple in my summer costmetics collection!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Even with a light hand and a good brush (I don't know who'd bother using the junk that cones with it,) this sucks. I used an SK highlighting brush, tapped extremely gently into the pan ONCE, and it still looked like dirt. Granted, I am on the fair side (NW20,) but this was still ridiculously muddy--NYC sunny is a better DS option for pale girls searching for a matte bronzer IMO (and MAC golden is the best I've found yet, but obvs more expensive.)

Packaging is sturdy. If you dig the product, it'll last you ages. Just not my cup of tea.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Calicokatie

I have had this product for AGES. I have one from before they repackaged it. I use this as a contour in the hollows of my cheeks because it has no glitter or shimmer whatsoever, and it's just a nice dark powder. Mine is almost gone and when I went to replace it, I thought that it was discontinued because they had repackaged it, and undoubtedly, whatever I like gets discontinued. Alas, only updated packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by piscesenchantress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great inexpensive bronzer. Nice color selection and they don't make me break out or oxidize on the skin. Highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Trine16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product sure has aaaalot of pigment lol. The first time I put it on, I used a larger brush than the one that's included, and it looked horrible and orange! But this product isn't too bad after remembering the "little goes a long way" concept.Unfortnately it also crumbles fairly easily.

Not a horrible product though - definately has the ability to give the user a natural glow..people always tell me I look darker after highlighting my face with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by masturbasian

I use this product for the hollow of my cheeks and everyone always asks me what I'm wearing!

When I tell my friends that it's from Bonne Bell, they always act surprised but even I would have never thought that something so cheap could work so well! I love how it's matte, I hate glitter on my face and the colour really suits my yellow undertone skin. The only con is that it breaks really easily and the packaging is kind of flimsy and cheap so sometimes I find the bronzer all over my other make up products, which sucks. For $5 though, I would definitely buy this again even though I probably won't have to for a long time!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Meh. I'm quite ok with my naturally translucent, pale-ass self, but once in a while I like to experiment with bronzer. I of course, did not want to spend a lot of money, given that I hardly ever wear bronzer. After playing with Wet 'n' Wild's #701 & Bonne Bell's Golden Tan, I'm still not sure that I'm sold on the benefits of looking sun-kissed. Hell, I'm not exactly living in a tropical climate.

Anywho, I like BB's GT bronzer. It is matte. But it is blendable. I'm an N3/NW15 in Studio Sculpt, a PPP. I avoid the sun. I'm ok with being pale. But this is so natural and blendable looking that I'm willing to use this in the summer. It works beautifully for hollowed cheeks with MAC Strada blush, and I'm actually putting something of a dent in Be-Lightful when pairing it with this for nighttime.

That said, this has the potential to make me look like I've been pelted with kumquats. It doesn't turn me orange - as far as I can tell - but it's very easy to go overboard with this. I could not use my #188 or blush brush with this - I used the #187 in the 3 shape, and buffed with a kabuki along the cheekbones & apples. This won't make you look like George Hamilton, but if you use too heavy a hand you will look overcooked. More "Gee whiz, how much aloe vera did you go through on vacation? Well, at least that burn turned into an even tan!" Great for the summer, but unnatural looking in Canadian winter for sure.

Granted, perhaps I've been pale so long I'm not used to looking sunkissed.

That said, this smells disgusting. Maybe I got a bad batch, but this smells like powdered dish detergent. I have no idea if it's a fragrance, but it smells kinda musty. It's not completely overpowering, but I did find it noticeable enough when I first opened the package.

Secondly, the brush is crap. Much like the WnW bronzer brush. Granted, for $5.96CDN, I don't think I can complain too much. But... yeah, throw away the brush.

All in all, I'm giving it a three. Great value for the money, not sure if it's my HG bronzer. But I'm willing to keep it in rotation. With a lippie taken off for the god-awful smell, and that for a PPP in my opinion, it's really a summer-only bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

This is a nice matte bronzer for the price. I also have Urban Decay and Guerlain Terracotta (bronzers) and this holds up well against those two. This isn't as pigmented and not quite as glamorous but no one will know if you apply it right. This needs to be blended in well when you put it on or your skin will look dirty. That said, the color is just as good as the others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by RMutt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Perfect bronzer for me!! Why? 1. It's cheap, 2. it lasts YEARS since you only need a little here and there, 3. No shimmer or glitter - I hate sparkles on my face, so this give a natural, glitter-free glow, and I don't know of any other bronzers without shimmer - this is good for day wear. 4. The lightest color (tan) is a believable shade of sun-kissed glow for my pale skin. Tip - after applying to a big, soft face brush, shake or blow off excess powder so that you apply only a whisper of it, otherwise it will look like you have a dirty patch of skin. Great bargain, great product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by pink1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I kid you not I have been using this bronzer since I was probably 13, and I haven't bought any other bronzer! The price is seriously amazing, and it's the perfect color for me for year round bronzing. I LOVE that it doesn't have any shimmer in it, to me it's matte. I love love love it. I have it in golden tan for the winter and I have used the darker color for the summer. It is definitely a constant in my makeup bag. Edit: I finally caved and bought a new bronzer, and I think I found something I love even more: Too faced chocolate soliel=amazing. But, I would still buy this again in a heartbeat because of the price.