April 24, 2014 | 1485 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Kabuki Face Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by lukeyb

I wonder if people got a bad batch of brushes or something because I LOVE my kabuki brush! It's never shed, never. And I wash my brushes weekly with baby shampoo. It is dense, soft, and picks up product beautifully. And it's cheap!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Paid 5 for this brush, aka $8.06 (you guys living in The US should consider yourselfs very lucky)

I've heard people complaining about the brush shedding and bristles being super hard. The application is indeed painful, I wash it every now and then with the correct techniques of mixture of antibacterial dishes liquid and olive oil. The olive oil is known as a good conditioner for brushes (as well as overnight treatment for your own hair).

The other down side is that it is smaller than the picture, when I received it I was shocked and pretty skeptical that I might find it more useful for blushes, bronzers and highlighters. Used it for a week for my brush-to-go for powder application and travelling. But now it's pretty useless and I'm throwing it away cuz I can see the insides of the brush sinking in.

Would try to buy the studio taklon body brush next time, I've heard people raving that it's as soft as the back of a cat's ear :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 7:46:00 AM More reviews by kbraybrook

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This brush shedded immediately, it is quite painful to use on sensitive skin and had the weirdest smell. Yuk!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Jandie

This shed so much I had to toss it out. I think I got it half price, but still, it was of no use at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by emisara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Usually E.L.F. brushes are $1 and great, so I was happy to lay out $5 for a kabuki. Unfortunately, this brush is terrible. It's so scratchy that I can't use it. I have no idea how it works at application, because it's so uncomfortable to use that only I tried it once.

Do not buy this brush, it's only $5 but it's a waste of $5!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by xloveleighx

At first i was really disapointed with this brush, the bristles aren't that soft and the shed like crazy! Because of this i put it to the back of my makeup draw and forgot about it. However recently i started using it again and found that it hardly sheds any bristles at all now....so maybe it is just a problem when it is first used. It looks like the studio kabuki brush might be a better choice, but this brush was only 1.50 so it was good for the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by hatko

Horrible brush!!! Bought this for applying my mineral makeup.
It sheds horribly, I had the hairs all over my face and it was really annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by gennett21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The E.L.F. Kabuki face brush is worth the $5.00. The brush is soft but dense so a lot of product get onto the brush. I use this mostly for my powder foundation and have about 3 of them. Nice brush!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by luminaryb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have some other ELF brushes that I'm content to use but this was absolutely horrible!! First of all, it didn't apply products evenly. But the worst part was that the bristles were horrible. After washing, it became extremely hard and the bristles started to face different directions! In the end, I throw this away, it was no use. (And I used shampoo to wash it, nothing to cause hardness)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2009 5:54:00 AM More reviews by tigerh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This sheds tiny little black bristles all over my face which take an age to remove. VERY annoying!