August 29, 2014 | 944 users online

Cleansers - Grisi Sulfur Soap

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by lilsweetchic123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great soap. Very effective. Just be sure to use toner afterwards to avoid any tiny breakouts because it could leave soap residue even after u wash your face. Can be drying since it's pure soap so moisturizer we'll afterwards to avoid your face looking like the Sahara desert (yes that means more wrinkles if you don't hydrate it well). Overall I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by eva8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sulfur is one of the oldest and most effective non-prescription treatments for acne and other skin problems. I have noticed that it often works for people that benzoyl peroxide isn't effective for. This soap is 10% sulfur- it's as good as it gets! the best ((and highest) concentration of sulfur and works better than any medical treatment or acne products!

It's easy to use. Work up a lather on wet skin and then leave it there for 10 minutes before rinsing. Do this twice a day and in my experience, you will begin to see significant improvement in 3-5 days. I keep it at the sink and in the shower, which is great for teens who have some acne on their backs. As with all acne treatments, washing more than twice a day is irritating and drying to skin, which can actually make it worse, so stick to twice daily.

I got my soap on iherb.com. Use code OPI483 to get $5 off discount!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This soap gave me a horrible breakout all over my back! I thought it was a bad allergic reaction at first but then I realized what I thought were hives were actually tons of zits. I threw it out after one use.

I've used prescription sulfur products in the past with great results but this soap had the complete opposite effect on me. Instead of healing the few small pimples I had, it caused the worst breakout I've ever had in my life. Thank God I didn't use it on my face!

Test this product on a small first before you use it all over you body! I've been using tea tree oil and acne meds to try and clear up the pimples but it's taking a while :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Holy Wow..I am speechless by what a mearly $2.67 priced soap has done! To make a long story somewhat short I have never had a problem with breakouts. Maybe the ocassional pimple here and there and when i got more than a few the acnefree system worked for me. I am in my late twenties and started getting really bad breakouts on my cheeks. I started getting them Despite not switching any skincare regimens,not being on any meds, and not being near my period. just bam outta the blue. Even after using salicylic acid and 10% max benzoyl peroxide this time around they weren't going away! I am mexican and remember my mom would always tell me to use this certain kinda soap when we passed by the hispanic beauty product section in walmart. Being a skin care freak I knew not to ever use soap on my face so I would always decline and tell her how soap was bad for your skin. Well well well...Now I owe her an apology coz momma always knows best Indeed! I did my research on products for acne aside from benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid without needing prescription from a derm and I stumbled upon Sulfur Soap. I saw grandpa's with the lowest amount of sulfur in it and Joesuf's with 10% sulfur was the more popular one but you had to get it online and it was 8 bucks for a bar. Then I saw the little yellow/orange box my mother always pointed at with the same 10% of sulfur at Walmart for a mere $2.67! I bought it the same day. and I kid you not the next morning my pimples had gone down drastically. I've used it every other night with my Neutrogena gentle cleanser and my skin has really started clearing up! Now if you have sensitive or combo skin it is drying because the sulfur amount is so high but if you have oily skin like me it shouldn't be a problem, there's also lanolin in it so it helps a bit. I find it good to use a toner afterward to bring it to a normal balance with a touch of oil free moisturizer and my skin feels clean and balanced without the tight dry feeling. So yeah if your not a product snob and want to save yourself some money and clear up your skin pronto this baby will do the trick! Just remember to use a toner and moisturizer. And yes, I have since thanked my mother for the tip she gave me years ago lol It all makes sense now=P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Now im not a fan of FIRST time revs, no matter how life altering they are but this product needs a standing ovation. If you've tried Kate Somerville Eradikate or Olay Pro-x sulfur mask than u know the power of Sulfur for acne/breakout/oily skin. ALL 3 of these products (prolli dozens of HE & DS skincares also) have the SAME active ingredient: 10% sulfur. So please go try this FIRST its around $2 (found mind in cvs) which is 10-30x cheaper than the other two I mention; just in case your face can't tolerate it atleast u didnt spend alot. Note-this stuff is not as gentle as salicylic acid/BHA/benzyl peroxide; its antiseptic so not everyone can handle everyday or at all use.

Anyway, immediately after washing my face for the FIRST time with this I felt the squeaky, grime lifted off clean feel I get with African black soap or Lush's charcoal, which are both great as well but I've never seen such great & quick results. I woke up with lighter freckles, NO redness, smooooooth skin (like I just got waxed/laser done to my face) and soft. NO dry patches/oiliness. Incredible. I dug my trash to read what this stuff had that made it so miraculous & found that I didn't even use it the right way?! So heres the directions for all the others that toss there boxes out too, not knowing its full capability:

DIRECTIONS:Wet affected area with warm water. Apply soap and make abundant suds. Leave for 10 minutes. Then rinse with cold water. Repeat 2 or 3 times daily or as directed by doctor. Not for children under 12 years.

So I tried it this way, it dried down to mask like consistency-stiff. Making it hard to conform my face but not impossible. I washed my face and WOW, glowy almost transparent, bouncy appearing skin? Idk. I think even my serums penetrated in better. Crazy. Btw I use my $1 April's microfiber cloth to rinse my face usually but this stuff doesn't quite lather well with that; as it does with other soaps. On its own its quite foamy, so used plain old hand motion to rinse. Oh and it has the earthy horrid smell of sulfur but who cares? Id put dirt on my face to look make it look this good...

Lastly, FYI:I use clairsonic mia2, estee lauder advanced night repair serum, michael todd organics eye organic o sonic & cream plus his knu face face lift moisturizer regularly. I also own the PMD & dermaroller. For naturals: rosehip, apricot, grapeseed & emu oils...and probably a hundred more things that I dont like as the stuff I mention in this section.

AND...this soap beats them aLL. Hands down.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by matt1syd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Several years ago I tried a different sulfur acne regimen and I remembered that it helped except it made my skin very dry because back then I didn't like moisturizer, so I quit using it. That brand doesn't sell the same stuff anymore so I decided to try this instead. First of all, the price is great! I bought it for less than 2 bucks; however, it make me break out even more. For two months I washed my face twice a day and left it on the full 10 minutes the package recommended, but my face didn't clear up at all. I actually had friends asking me if I was using anything different on my face, and when I said yes they said I should quit using it. I think I gave it more than enough time to work, and unfortunately I'll have to keep searching for something that works.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by asianbebydoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works faster than proactive or any other acne med out there.. if you have $2.97 you can buy this at your local walmart you can clear up your acne problems super quick and in a hurry I use this everyday morning and night havent seen a zit in weeks!!! LOVE IT !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by johnrocks123

This is magic. I had one little pimple in my chin and its gone yay

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by sweettsok

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This soap works, and it works fast. In my area it is not as cheap as the other users mention: I pay around $3 for the bar. Not only clears pimples and stops new ones, but my pores are visibly smaller. My son accidentally used this and complained of the stink- didn't know I had bought sufur soap. When he turned around, his back acne was disappearing before my eyes- yes, I'm not kidding! So maybe there is a better formulated, more refined 10% sulfur soap out there, as mentioned, but we are fine with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Eagleeye123

Quality of soap is poor. I switched to Joesoef Skin Care Sulfur Soap 10%, y dermatologist suggested it. This soap work well. Sulfur is anti bacterial and anti fungal. Only $8.99 online at joesoefskincare.com highly recommend.