December 20, 2014 | 1661 users online

Styling Products - Matrix - Biolage Defining Elixer Texturizing Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yes! At last I've found a gel to replace the MOP gel that I loved so much, which was discontinued.
My hair is curly, wavy and coarse. It's prone to frizzies, just like most curly hair is. I don't want hold, because I can't stand hair that's any stiffer than mine already is. This gel/elixir is excellent. It has some hold, just enough without making my hair stiff, and what's more it makes my hair shiny, yay!
Most gels look good on day 1. This looks good even after a night's sleep! I just spray with some water and crunch, and it looks as good as the day before. Also, it doesn't make my hair into one single chunk, I can actually run my hands through.
The smell is very light, another plus. I just love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for the "curl defining elixer".
I have thick midback very voluminous(unwanted) wavy brown hair and I got this to help keep down my massive frizzies and define my waves. This is about the only gel that I've just thrown in my hair and left to air dry that didn't make it crispy or crunchy, but very very soft. I was afraid it wasn't going to give much control or definition but it keeps my frizz down and makes my waves look gorgeous! And the classic biolage scent is always amazing.plus I think its alchohal free, which is great! Since alchohal can dry your hair out. I will repurchase this again and again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

Overall, I give this product 5 lippies, but I am not sure if I will repurchase. This is a really great gel that does what it claims; it is alcohol free, conditioning, provides lovely texture and most importantly, does not flake, nor is it sticky/greasy/oily/drying, thus it did not give my hair that dreadful "crunchy/crispy" look and feel. It also adds shine and makes my hair soft.The scent factor is pleasant as well. However, I think I need something a little stronger to hold my curls while moisturizing. Although this gel delivered in the moisturizing department, the hold factor is a little too light. The good thing is that it calms frizz. These days, i find it so hard to find a decent hair gel from both high end brands and d/s brands.Biolage has worked very well and although on the pricier side (around $17 CAD), it is worth every penny. I recently saw Dep styling gels at my local dollar store, i'll try those out; if they don't deliver, then I will probably repurchase this gel from Biolage and perhaps another Biolage gel which gives stronger hold (hopefully that will work). Great stuff!! I just wish L'oreal would introduce better alcohol free gels and mousses at the drugstore! UPDATE: I am loving this gel! The more I use it, the better it works! This is a keeper:)