April 19, 2014 | 1710 users online

Powders - LUSH - Vanilla Puff dusting powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by IamDirtyandNeedaBath

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this as a dry shampoo. I have really oily roots, so I just put a little of this in my hands, rub it and then work it through just the scalp area. It smells divine!! I like it better than the dry shampoo sprays because those always feel like I'm putting hair spray in my hair or something how they make it all stiff feeling.

This lets my hair stay soft, like you can't tell there is anything in your hair. I will definitely buy it again when I run out.

My bottle is like a regular plastic bottle with a screw top. I just pour out the amount that I need and don't have any problems with it. There is a press button on the lid so you can squeeze it out, but I don't use it that way, just easier to take the cap off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

After all this years I finally understood why my mom had one big tube of powder. I always hated this sticky feeling on humid summer days but never thought about using powder until now.

Packaging is not very practical. Application is always very messy.
The powder is very fine, it leaves nice satiny feel on the skin and whitens it a little.
The scent is amazing, it lingers on all my clothes.
Its not as absorbent, at least not enough for summer in Paris.

Overall I like it and even my boyfriend likes it and uses sometimes LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

A very light powder that is super absorbent and yet moisturizing at the same time. Gentle I suppose would be a great description. Whomever invented this is genius. It does exactly everything Lush promotes it does, while it has a delicious soft vanilla fragrance that is a little sexy.... Love it... will be a great addition to my powder collection.

Note: The new bottle that Lush is packaging this powder in is so awful. It does not shake out and if you squeeze it slightly, the powder disperses everywhere! I have transferred the powder to a 4 oz. plastic deli container with a lid, and purchased from a drugstore a body puff. I sure wish Lush would do something like this; in their signature black plastic tubs, or go back to the original shaker packaging pictured above.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by BombshellChic

I know that a dusting powder isn't something everyone wants. But for those who do, this is a GREAT one. The smell is lovely and vanilla, just as you'd expect. I use a powder puff and a glass jar, but keep the product in the bottle and just put some on the puff as I want to use it. It's nice because you can squeeze the little bottle and it'll give you just a bit at a time rather than an explosion of product. I think this is wonderful, and more people might be happy if they started to use this in their beauty routine. It's also nice for us gals with larger chests, who want to make sure everything stays dry and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The clever sales girl saw me picking up a Strawberry Feels massage bar, and swiftly moved in to demonstrate how well it went with the Vanilla Dusting powder. She was right, and my boyfriend who was with me did not try to hide how much he liked it too. So I bought both. This dusting powder smells almost exactly like the Vanilla De-lite lotion, which I also own and love. It's a grown up, not overly sickly-sweet scent. I'm not a fan of body powders, but this one seems to sink into the skin and take off any greasy-ness from lotions/massage bars. Strawberry Feels used to be off limits except for bedtime, because otherwise I felt too greasy...not anymore! This product certainly isn't essential but it's certainly lovely.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product when one of the sales women recommended that I could use it as a dry shampoo. I picked this one because the scent is so lovely. This is a nice light, vanilla that doesn't smell like the over-bearing sweet, cupcake scents that are usually labelled vanilla.
As a dry shampoo, it was mediocre. I'd use it the 2nd day after I hadn't washed my hair, if it was greasy. Most of the time, I would only go for a few hours before I felt the grease on my scalp was noticeable again.
Packaging sucked. If you're planning on putting this in your bag, I'd recommend you transfer it to another container because the contents will spill, for realz. My bag still smells delicious. It's ridiculous to have a sifter and then a huge gap next to it on the lid, so that the slightest movements will cause a bunch of powder to fall out. I left it on my dresser most of the time so it wasn't a big deal.
The price is great considering how much product you get. I believe I paid around $13 for it and had only used up less than a quarter of it in 6 months.
Overall, I wish I loved it and hoped it worked well as a dry shampoo, but it didn't.

Side note: I've experienced slight hair loss where I usually applied this product, but it occured long after I stopped using this product. However, I think the loss of hair can simply be attributed to stress and not this product itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by ll22

I LOVE this product! I use this everyday. It smells great and always makes my skin feel silky smooth. The only downside of this product is the packaging. Even when you think it is closed completely, it still manages to spill, but if you keep it upright--it shouldn't be a problem. If you are traveling with it, make sure you double bag it...it will spill!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just got a new container of this DP from UK yesterday. I like the small bottle more than the cannister they used to come in. It is a soft vanilla scent that I love. I use it mostly in the warmer months because I wear a uniform for work and it keeps me from getting so sweaty. Could also be used a dry shampoo but very carefully! One of my fav products :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by beaumamselle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this powder, it is the first dusting powder I purchased and I adore it! It goes wonderfully with my Vanillary Solid perfume, also by Lush, and the scent is a delicious true vanilla scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has me so confused! If you are reading this because you are trying to decide if you want to buy this product or not, skip this review! I bought this because I love the scent of vanilla. I am honestly a sucker for anything vanilla. This product smells like pure vanilla, truely a beautiful vanilla scent. On the other hand I have no purpose for this product! It is supposed to help for when you get sweaty but I really dont feel like it does its job. I dumped a medium sized amount in a small container and I apply this with a big sephora makeup brush all over my body, mainly in the places I sweat (armpits, boobs, behind my knees), but I have not seen any real results. Also, the beautiful vanilla scent vanishes within minutes after I put it on my skin. Some people say they sprinkle some of the dust on the beadsheets, but I have no desire to do that. This product was $9.95, and so far it has lasted me 9 months, which is pretty good for a lush product! I probably wont buy this again because I dont have a need for it, but it does smell lovely! Oh and the packaging leaks and is a pain to open.