LUSH Vanilla Puff dusting powder

4.6

* Cornflour (Zea mays), * Magnesium Carbonate, * Talc, * Perfume, * Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), * Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), * Tonka Absolute (Dipteryx odorata), * Powdered Vanilla (Vanilla planifolia), * Vanilla Pod (Vanilla planifolia), * *Coumarin, * Hydroxcitronellal.

on 6/30/2015 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Based on the reviews and the name, I really thought that I would like this scent. However, there is a floral tone that is a bit overwhelming and ruins the entire scent. I returned and I will not repurchase.

on 7/13/2014 5:43:00 PM

This makes me smell like a pastry. Love it.
Almost makes me want to like my arm when I put it on xD
That's how good it smells!

5/5 Lippies! : 3

on 7/4/2014 11:08:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this the other day and it smells lovely. The bottle is pretty rubbish, when squeezed it just goes everywhere. The smell lingers on your skin for a long time and it keeps you nice and dry. I'd say its probably a good thing to use on a hot summer day to keep moisture at bay. Try it you wont be disappointed.

on 6/16/2014 8:39:00 AM

I bought this mostly because they discontinued the coconut powder, and this one was the only one I liked of the remaining ones that they sell. It comes in a small bottle with a flip top lid, which is fine if you just shake some out and don't squeeze the bottle. It's very silky and fine in texture. The scent is vanilla and jasmine. When you first apply you can smell both, but after a while the vanilla fades and I smell mostly jasmine. Which is a shame because the vanilla smells really sweet and true. I think jasmine is okay, but I'm not super crazy about it. If it were more vanilla, I'd like it better. I do like it though, it tends to grow on you and find myself reaching for it quite often. It cost $6.95 for 1.7 ounces.

on 5/26/2014 10:49:00 PM

The scent is to die for (I'm a big vanilla fan) I put it on after a shower and it makes my skin soft for a good while. I definitely recommend this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this as a dry shampoo. I have really oily roots, so I just put a little of this in my hands, rub it and then work it through just the scalp area. It smells divine!! I like it better than the dry shampoo sprays because those always feel like I'm putting hair spray in my hair or something how they make it all stiff feeling.

This lets my hair stay soft, like you can't tell there is anything in your hair. I will definitely buy it again when I run out.

My bottle is like a regular plastic bottle with a screw top. I just pour out the amount that I need and don't have any problems with it. There is a press button on the lid so you can squeeze it out, but I don't use it that way, just easier to take the cap off.

on 7/15/2013 12:20:00 PM

After all this years I finally understood why my mom had one big tube of powder. I always hated this sticky feeling on humid summer days but never thought about using powder until now.

Packaging is not very practical. Application is always very messy.
The powder is very fine, it leaves nice satiny feel on the skin and whitens it a little.
The scent is amazing, it lingers on all my clothes.
Its not as absorbent, at least not enough for summer in Paris.

Overall I like it and even my boyfriend likes it and uses sometimes LOL

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

A very light powder that is super absorbent and yet moisturizing at the same time. Gentle I suppose would be a great description. Whomever invented this is genius. It does exactly everything Lush promotes it does, while it has a delicious soft vanilla fragrance that is a little sexy.... Love it... will be a great addition to my powder collection.

Note: The new bottle that Lush is packaging this powder in is so awful. It does not shake out and if you squeeze it slightly, the powder disperses everywhere! I have transferred the powder to a 4 oz. plastic deli container with a lid, and purchased from a drugstore a body puff. I sure wish Lush would do something like this; in their signature black plastic tubs, or go back to the original shaker packaging pictured above.

I know that a dusting powder isn't something everyone wants. But for those who do, this is a GREAT one. The smell is lovely and vanilla, just as you'd expect. I use a powder puff and a glass jar, but keep the product in the bottle and just put some on the puff as I want to use it. It's nice because you can squeeze the little bottle and it'll give you just a bit at a time rather than an explosion of product. I think this is wonderful, and more people might be happy if they started to use this in their beauty routine. It's also nice for us gals with larger chests, who want to make sure everything stays dry and smooth.

on 10/4/2012 7:15:00 AM

The clever sales girl saw me picking up a Strawberry Feels massage bar, and swiftly moved in to demonstrate how well it went with the Vanilla Dusting powder. She was right, and my boyfriend who was with me did not try to hide how much he liked it too. So I bought both. This dusting powder smells almost exactly like the Vanilla De-lite lotion, which I also own and love. It's a grown up, not overly sickly-sweet scent. I'm not a fan of body powders, but this one seems to sink into the skin and take off any greasy-ness from lotions/massage bars. Strawberry Feels used to be off limits except for bedtime, because otherwise I felt too greasy...not anymore! This product certainly isn't essential but it's certainly lovely.