Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Lip

3.3

on 12/20/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I have chronically dry lips and am starting to get vertical lines in my lips from age, so I thought I'd try this. Unfortunately it did absolutely nothing for me but leave a nasty white film on my lips. If I used lipstick within a few hours of applying this, the lipstick collected in my lip lines- it looked horrible! As previous posters have stated, about half a pump is all that is necessary to cover your lips. I'm glad this product works for some people, but it was not worth the waste of money for me. I did use the entire bottle.

on 3/7/2013 1:09:00 PM

My lip is not dry or problematic. But I just bought this for fun. I used it but I did not really see any difference it makes. One thing I might have done wrong is that I only put it on my lips not around the mouth along the lip line areas. Maybe??

So I am not sure if it does anything if you have normal lips. I think I will only recommend this product to someone who like my friend, always has chap lips and her lips are always peeling. If you are like me, you probably do not need this. Good luck girls!

on 12/8/2012 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have used and compared this lip product with quite a few others and so far, for me, it's the best of the bunch. The other ones I've tried include (but are not limited to) Kanebo Total Lip, LipSmart, Dr. Perricone, Dr. Kaplan, ReVive, Guerlain, YSL, Chanel, Dior, Aveeno, Aveda and a few others I can't recall off hand. This stuff is just great and I will buy it again! Comes in a nice pump bottle and just the right amount comes out so there's no waste, either!

on 12/30/2011 1:22:00 PM

I've been using this product for about 7 weeks now and see absolutely no improvement for lip wrinkles, which, is what the product advertises. I wasted my money on this product. Should have read the reviews before buying!

on 4/10/2011 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is a miracle product for me. It keeps my lips moist and exfoliates them without irritation. Before using this my lips were chronically dry and chapped. I developed reactions to other products, probably because I was putting them on about 30 times a day. With PTR Un-Wrinkle, I use it twice a day as suggested and my lips are moist and plump. I don't use this for wrinkles, so I don't know if it fulfills that promise but it's great for gentle hydration and exfoliation. After you put it on there's a tingling sensation for about a minute which I like because I feel like it's working. The pump dispenser is great because it's hygienic, although one pump gives you slightly more product than you need but it absorbs so easily, a little extra isn't a bad thing (try 1/2 pump, I think that's perfect for one use). The price is a little high, I bought it at Sephora for $30 for .34 fl oz.But since it's the first thing that's worked on my lips in ages the price doesn't really bother me. I will definitely buy this again!

on 1/11/2011 5:25:00 AM

I agree with everything the previous poster said, except the sloughing action leaves a bit of a white film build up that I have to keep wiping off, but as long as it's removing the dead skin, i'll deal with it. I have a god awful habit of licking my lips and biting my lower lip, it's a nervous habit i can't seem to stop and my lips pay the price. What's messed up about it, is that I have natural, full, pouty lips that people pay to get with injections and here I am deliberately destroying my beautiful lips with this bad habit i have! I've been doing it most of my adult life as far as I can remember but when i was younger, it didn't have any affect on them, but now that i'm in my early 40's i'm paying the consequences, because when i bit on my lower lip, my teeth leave impression marks along my bottom lip which looks like one long wrinkle line going across it, if i catch myself and stop myself from doing it, it goes away, but as soon as I start in again, there it is and it hangs around for a few hours, it looks horrible! I wish I could stop but sometimes by the time I realize I am doing it, the damage is already done, and i have to wait for the skin to eventually spring back, but with my age the bounce back affect takes a bit longer due to the loss of collagen and elasticity. Also, when i lick my lips and then the air hits them, they get very, very dry and the dead skin builds up, from a distance my bottom lip looks all crinkled up! It's awful, but the minute I apply this stuff to them, they spring back and that indention line from my teeth fill ups up and goes away. Then the skin is sloughed off but I have that white film on my lips that builds up first. I really wish I knew how to stop myself from biting and licking my lips because I'm sure as time goes on it will have long term permanent damage to my bottom lip and I don't know how effective this product will remain, hopefully it will keep taking care of the issue, but if it doesn't i'm going to be very mad at myself for destroying my once perfect beautiful lips! I will definitely keep buying this product for as long as it continues to work for me.

on 3/1/2010 12:26:00 PM

I have to start off stating that I did not purchase this product to reduce fine lines or wrinkles on my lips. Rather, I wanted a more intense moisturizer for my lips so that they would not fall victim to the usual dry, peeling, flaking, and worse yet split lips that can come along with the New York winters. In this respect the product performed amazingly well.

PTR Un-wrinkle lip will leave your lips with a tingling sensation and has a hint of mint to it, as well. However, the tingling does subside fairly quickly. A bonus for me is that it also sloughs off dead skin. Thus, the nasty look and feel of chapped lips is eliminated and you are left with healthy & well moisturized lips. I agree with another reviewer that the price for this lip product is steep. However, I only use it 1x a day. So, the 1 pump goes along way. As a busy working mother, I have grown frustrated with products that I have to apply and reapply over and over again just to maintain healthy lips. I simply do not have the time or the patience for it. In that respect, PTR Un-wrinkle lip delivers much needed moisture throughout the day with only one application. The pump makes for hygienic application of the product and helps with product portion control.

on 1/9/2010 2:10:00 PM

I fell for the name on this one. It may be an OK lip balm but it does not get rid of wrinkles. It suggests you use it for 28 days minimum, which I have done. Probably about 6 weeks now and I can honestly say it hasn't made any difference at at all to my lip area.

I'm in my late 50s and I don't have a huge problem compared to some other ladies of my age, but there are a few fine lines I'd like to get rid of since they spoil the look of lipstick which bleeds into them. Theyr'e not huge fissures, just fine lines, so I didn't think it was much of a challenge. But too much for this product it seems.

The product does sting a bit,as the previous reviewer commented (also smells tantalisingly of chocolate liqueuer!) but that doesn't mean it's doing anything!

on 4/24/2009 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is quite impressive and I've tried them all. The reviews at Sephora are spot on with this product. It really is a miracle in a bottle. So many lip treatments boast what this actually does and that's rather refreshing for change. It's somewhat similar to Clinque's "All About Lips" in the sense that it comes in a hygienic little pump and comes out as a white cream, but that's where the similarity ends. The ingredients in this are very powerful and you will feel them working. It caught me off guard at first because it does burn a little, but not in a "Lip Venom" way. It's more of a "yes I actually do what I promise, so you might feel this" type way. The sensation goes away in about 15 minutes or so. What I find particularly amazing is that I can put this on with chapped lips and feel smooth lips in about 20 minutes which is incredible considering that I have not exfoliated or anything. Not even my toothbrush, let alone any number of scrubs I've tried, has given me lips this smooth. The agents in this seem to literally dissolve the dead skin in one session. My lips are plumped, line free and absolutely beautiful when I use this. The effects are somewhat temporary and need to be repeated which is a small price to pay to get this look and feel. It is helping to make my lips healthier, less chapped and less lined in the long run, but the intense over the top effects is usually gone by morning.

I love how it takes all the chapping away. It is expensive and the pump is small, so I use it only once a day instead of twice a day. Also make sure you gently squeeze the dispenser button because you can control how much comes out and only need a very tiny amount actually. Some people have said they loved this, but that it wasn't worth the price because it was gone in a very short time. Part of that is due to how you dispense the product. I've noticed that if I am very careful, I can get just enough to spread evenly without overdoing and it seems to last longer. This makes a phenomenal primer by the way. Your lips will look absolutely gorgeous if this is used first under your lipstick. Even though this is doing wonderful things for your lips, it can feel a bit drying, so I remedy that with a swipe of Fresh's Sugar Lip balm and I'm good to go. This is truly a miraculous product. Glad I took the plunge and ordered this from Sephora!

Popular Lip Treatments