August 23, 2014 | 1437 users online

Pressed Powders - Cle de Peau - Poudre Transparente

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by nhwhazup

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

For setting powder, I love the Ben Nye loose powder in fair. It sets my foundation and gives a perfect and flawless matte finish. BN doesn't make a pressed powder so I've been on the search for a blotting powder to use during the day.

I've been using the CDP pressed powder for a week and not really loving it. The color is a translucent neutral shade which is fine. I have a problem with either yellow or ashy looking powders that ruin a finish instead of sprucing it up. So while the color is fine, the powder doesn't really help with blotting the T-zone nor does it brighten up or even settle nice on the skin. I'll keep it as I haven't found anything else better at this point but will keep searching for a HG pressed powder. I'll also keep some of my Ben Nye loose powder in a small pill bag to use when I need a really good touch up.

Update: gave this an extra lippie. This is actually a really nice pressed powder for me. I've been using it all week and liking it better the more I use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by bren81

I am fairly new to Cle de Peau products (only been using maybe two years?) but it's been my HG for a multiple products. I am currently using their primer, cream foundation, loose powder (and the brush set), eye shadow and the eyeliner and all of them are top notch products. I've also used their skin care products which to me felt same quality as Shiseido products but just priced much higher. I decided to buy this pressed powder compact since I love the loose powder very much (I have bought the refills already as I can't be without!). I thought I could use the pressed powder for touch ups during the day.
Basically the pressed powder is the same thing as the loose powder, just compressed. It has the same lovely quality of sheer but porcelain finish. It brightens up my face but gives me a very natural look at the same time. My only complaint aside from the price would be the applicator that comes with the product. It is crap. I have thrown that out and replaced it with the portable brush by too faced (very cute pink brush with soft plush bristles. love it!).

If you have fair skin and is looking for a natural finish powder that will light up your skin then give this one a try.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by clay2626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably the best pressed powder that I have purchased (MAC, Sisley, Lancome, Chanel, BB, LM, La Prairie), it just sinks right into your skin without having that powdery look. The price is expensive for the amount you get but that is expected for and CDP product. I really like this powder though I cant say it controls my oily skin that well, even so I would repurchase since it has such a nice finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2006 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Anna_Copa_Cabana

I was just about to write a terrible review for this stuff, and all because I was using the "puff" it came with. I use CDP's loose powder at home, but obviously this is not a portable option for daytime touchups. When comparing the two, the compact version sucked! It looked like a whitish layer of cheap translucent powder on my t-zone. However, just before writing a rant about wasted money and more cosmetic clutter, I wised up and tried it with a brush. Duh. Honestly, what was I thinking? I swirled some of this on with my small buffer (MAC 180) and the effect was lovely. Mattified, perfected, smooth. Just like the loose version.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2006 9:32:00 AM More reviews by hipnycmom

I love it! It's pink in the pan but goes on clear, and looks great on my light, yellow-toned Asian skin. It keeps my face matte without making me look dry or flaky, and is fine enough so that the effect of my foundation isn't ruined. It's sinfully expensive stuff, but definitely cheaper than buying one pressed powder after another in search of the perfect one. I love that the container is slim and light, though I prefer using a powder brush over the sponge/puff that comes with it. A definite keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2006 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Freak1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would never imagine me putting out this much money for just a powder. The most expensive makeup I have ever bought in my life! No kidding this thing cost me $100 not including taxes and shipping but thank godness I didn't end up hating it. It apply like a dream on my skin and my makeup lasted the entire day. Just hope I will get this for my christmas gifts next year because I really can't not afford this expensive powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2005 9:05:00 PM More reviews by sugarmagnolia15

First, this is very expensive. Wow. But it works so well. It does not give me that powdery look that I despise. The light pink powder just gives me a lovely glow. The puff it comes with is awful so I just bring my Allison Raffaele kabuki brush with me. I will repurchase despite the high price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2004 9:37:00 AM More reviews by sofysophia

same as the previous reviewer, i do agree that this powder is of very good texture and is very finely milled. however, it can look cakey on my face since translucent powder tends to do that. the quality is there, but its just not what i need! so im sticking to my Shiseido The Makeup pressed powder. i wonder why doesnt Cle de Peau make color powder?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2004 2:41:00 PM More reviews by bunny207

I guess I'm in the minority on this one. Now, don't get me wrong- it is an excellent powder. The texture is soooo soft and silky and feels weightless on (it's much more finely milled than Laura Mercier's loose powder). This is labeled as translucent and for the most part it is. Since I have yellow undertones in my skin (I'm Korean) and due to this powder having a pink undertone, it didn't look completely translucent on me. Also, this is slightly fragranced. The texture is very similar to Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil which is only $20 USD! This has an outrageous price tag of a whopping $100 USD! I'll definately stick with my LM or BE powders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2004 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Maxie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UPDATE: Still love it, even in warmer months and climates. Worth the price.********A beautiful pressed powder choice for PPPs. Very finely milled, a soft pink translucent that disappears on my pale skin. A lot of translucents can turn orange, but not this one. Is terribly expensive and comes with a sucky powder puff, but I'd still buy it again.
It works great in the winter on my combo skin. I may have to switch in the warmer months though--not an oil blotter. Great choice for PPP with combo or dry skin. I can't imagine it would be good for oily skinned gals.