December 18, 2014 | 1405 users online

Fragrances - Le Labo - Fleur D'Oranger 27

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by AdeyG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have been searching for the elusive Orange Blossom fragrance first experienced in the orange groves of Spain and Portugal. Neroli doesn't quite do it. Colognes come a little close but are not 'IT'. Other Orange Blossom fragrances have notes of it but are blended with other notes that end up overpowering or distracting. Pure Orange Flower water is a refreshing but very elusive hit of what I'm looking for but, of course, can never last beyond a few seconds.

Le Labo's Fleur D'Oranger 27 is the closest in a commercial fragrance I have come to wearing that elusive smell all day long. I really love it. I can't afford it. I have fleetingly used their sample vial and was sold on the product. I am now saving up and begging friends and family to buy me some.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

I'm surprised I'm the first to review this fragrance here.

Le Labo's Fleur D'Oranger 27 includes notes of bergamot, petitgrain, grapefruit, amber, musk and vetiver (taken from the LuckyScent website). Obviously, the fragrance also includes an orange blossom smell.
When I smell an orange blossom fragrance, I am seeking to re-create smells that I remember from a trip to Spain (Sevilla) in 1999. I think it must have been the first time I smelled orange blossom, and it was so amazingly heavenly, I was drunk on it the whole time I was there.

Fleur D'Oranger isn't the fragrance that I crave. But it's a nice smell all the same. In the top notes I pick up a nice splash of citrus, and there is also an enjoyable greenness, and a somewhat elusive but still pleasant orange blossom note. Unfortunately, I also smell a soapyness hiding under these notes - something that smells a bit like Dove or Ivory soap, or something like that. It's a clean smell, and it's not a bad smell ... but it's also not one that I particularly enjoy in a perfume.

I find this fragrance fairly gender-neutral, it would be great for a man who's not afraid to smell just a bit floral, and maybe other skin would bring out a better side of this fragrance than I smell.
The lasting power is pretty good - I am dabbing from a sample vial, and I think that sprayed, this would last a good long time. Despite the good lasting power, this is a fairly light fragrance, and it would be nice during the hotter months, or for a bit of sunshine in the winter.