April 21, 2014 | 1098 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tin

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by awez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this lip balm. My roommate my freshman year of college (10 years ago) had it and she got me hooked on it. I've used it almost daily ever since. My lips are always soft and never chapped, and I bite/lick my lips a lot. Also, I love the little tin! I feel like they've stopped selling it, at least in the Western US, as I see the plastic tubes everywhere now but almost never see the tins. I really prefer the tin versus the tube. I just swipe the open tin against my lips real quick (people always ask me if I'm eating it?) and bing bang boom, hydrated lips!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Laceymacpherson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Time tested classic. Gets the job done, no frills just comfort and and pretty lips

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by RAW17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this lip balm! It has a wonderful scent, really works, and I love that it's mostly natural. A lot of people have mentioned that the balm is very hard at first and difficult to use, but my solution to this is to just rub it straight onto the lips without using your finger. After a few uses it softens up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by bubbelbad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this! When I heard about the rumour about mineral oils that can be found in cosmetics I began to search for a lipbalm that hadn't any in it. Thank god I did!

I've used A LOT of lipbalms over the years and this is handsdown my favourite. I also repurchased it a couple of times already. It does a lot for my lips and if applied 3x a day it makes my lips smooth and soft. I don't really care about the peppermintscent and the taste, but I like the little tingling it gives. I also use it over my lipstick if it starts to become really dry and it doesn't bother me for the rest of the day. The fact that burt's bees doesn't test on animals and that the ingedrients are mostly natural is a big plus as well.

The only cons I can think of is the packaging and the consistency. The first few times you open it it's almost impossible to get it done, but my solution for it to just apply a little layer of balm on the sides of the little tin and it won't be a problem anymore. Like some here say the consistency is really hard at first, but it becomes better after an amount of time. Nonetheless, I think the pros outweight the cons and I would definitly repurchase this if I would ran out again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I was so excited to try this because of the cute packaging.
But as other reviewers have noted, this lip balm is rock hard, resulting in it being useless.
You can be rubbing at the bloody thing for ages, and still won't be able to get the product out the tub and on your lips properly. It feels like frozen wax to me.
The few times that I persisted and managed to put some on my lips, it just was not moisturising.
Probably the worst lip "balm" I have ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by swangirl1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I am obsessed with this Lip Balm! Just love the cooling, refreshing minty tingle I get when I apply it on my lips. :)

Its got a wonderful natural feeling to it and has a small handful of very good, moisturizing natural ingredients: Coconut oil, beeswax, sweet almond oil, peppermint oil, vitamin E, lanolin, comfrey root extract and rosemary extract.

I love love love the cute little tin!!! :) has a cute old fashioned Bee logo on the top and it fits in my pocket perfectly and lasts forever.. survives washing machines too!

People on here are saying its hard to get the product out with their finger, but when I open a new tin I press down on the product with my finger hard and after that its easy for me to get a decent amount of product.

This product is also great Ive found for fixing eyebrows in place and as a very natural highligher for my cheekbones. For this, I put bronzer directly under my checkbones, blush on my upper cheeks and Burts Bees lipbalm on the top of my cheekbones.. this really makes them stand out! Product also great for cold sores and sore noses through colds. Great multi-purpose beauty product!

Only problem is here in New Zealand this product is expensive, going for NZ $12-13. But honestly I will never use another lipbalm again and this one is simply the best Ive ever used. Their rhubarb lip shimmer I also use and love!

Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

Unlike other lipbalms that are contained in tins, this lip balm is very hard (wax-like) and cannot be scooped out by finger or brush (I never tried with a knife or spoon, but I can assure you the texture is very hard). I ended up applying the lip balm directly from the tin. It's also a mediocre lip balm that doesn't do anything for your lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

This lip balm helped me to get thru an awful case of cold sores on my mouth and the mouth area. As a normal everyday lip balm, it's just ok, but when you have a sore on your mouth it's really soothing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by annielynnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to really love Burt's Bees products. The first thing I tried was this lip balm and I was very impressed at first. I have also tried the stick but I tend to prefer it in a tin.
I don't really know if the formula has changed for it since Burt's Bees was bought out, honestly, because I haven't really bought the product in a long time, but I still do use it occasionally in a pinch when I cannot find my other lip balms.
I was really impressed at first with how the balm felt and that it was natural. I loved the scent and it made my lips feel nice and cool. However, with extended use I noticed that it actually seemed to dry my lips out even worse, especially in the winter. I have very, very chapped lips in the winter and few balms can help, however, most don't actually make my lips worse. Another downside, there's no SPF which means I can't really safely use it by itself in the summer, anyway.
For someone that doesn't have terribly dry or chapped lips, this balm might work just fine, however, I myself greatly prefer EOS balms and SoftLips balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Scarlethreads

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Was looking at burt's lip products, looking for balms that contains peppermint (I love the smell and feeling of it) and I found it! My first product from burts bees is their lip shimmer in rhubarb (read my review on it!) and this is equally good :) was contemplating between this and smith minted rose but I decided to try this first!

Pros:
- Cute packaging! I love the little bumble bee
- all natural ingredients - what's worse than eating harmful chemicals?
- price is more reasonable than lip shimmer (SGD8 vs SGD15)
- easy to apply (unless your fingers are dirty)
- strong minty smell and sensation- peppermint (LOVE FOR THIS)
- very moisturizing
- small and handy, occupies little space since it's quite flat
- clean packaging - no gross balm at the side whatsoever

Cons:
- can be difficult to open sometimes

Many people have problem with getting product out of it, what I do is when it's new, I apply by scraping a little off with the back of my nail, put it on my lips then smear it around. Once you've done so with the first layer of the balm, it should be easy to get the product on your finger in the subsequent applications! Though I think I might still need my nail when I reach the bottom of the tin, but I'm okay with it. Definitely will repurchase! :)

[EDIT] Apparently I'm allergic to this, and it makes my lip develop rashes all around, i really like it though :( I'll be giving it to my mum since she doesn't have any allergic reactions to this product. Will recommend, but i won't repurchase :(