Origins Ginger Float

3.8

water, citrus arantium amara (bitter orange) flower water, salvia officinalis (sage) leaf water, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamide mea, glycol distearate, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, zingiber officinale (ginger) root oil*, elettaria cardamomum (cardamom) seed oil*, cariandrum sativum (coriander) seed oil*, eucalyptus citriodora (eucalyptus) oil*, eugenia caryophyllus (clove) bud oil*, citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil*, citrus arantium dulcis (sweet orange) oil*, citrus arantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil*, citrus paradisi (grapefruit) peel oil*, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil*, citral, linalcol, eugenol, limonene, coco-betaine, steric acid, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, glycerin, sodium cocoate, trisodium hedta, potassium sorbate, sodium phosphate, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, phenoxyethanol. *essential oil

Really they should fix this one. I do love the scent and it does leave skin soft but it's expensive, you need to use a lot, it gives no bubbles and it's not good having to dig in your hand especially if you want to add more to the bath. If they called it a cream bath, upped the scent and changed the packaging then I would probably buy it pretty often. Otherwise it's something I would only buy every several years on a big sale- it's just not worth the hassles. Yummy scent though.

on 5/3/2012 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is heaven in a jar! For me, there is nothing like an awesome bubble bath to take the edge of the week off, and I need a quality product for that. Yes it's expensive at about $25 a jar, but if you only use it once or twice a week it should last about 5-6 months. You have to hand scoop the product out, but one generous scoop is all you need. As soon as you crack open the jar, the most beautiful, relaxing, lemony sugar ginger scent emerges and takes over the whole house (my man can smell it all the way at the back door when I'm in the bathroom using it). The consistency is that of banana pudding, and it's thick irridiscent swirls fluff up into a magical tub of scented bubbles as you disperse it under the water. This product is definitely worth the price. Once you try it, you will go back again and again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

LUXURY. :) I love this stuff, and i love how you have to scoop it out with your hand. It's luxury creme in a jar!

on 12/28/2010 12:01:00 PM

If you like soft, luxurious baths, you'll love this product. Its not meant to be full of bubbles, but softens the water. I received this jar as a Christmas present two years ago and slowly but surely fell in love. Its a soft almost lemony ginger smell and silky. After I finished it, I had to buy another jar; yes, it was a little expensive but so worth it. This year, I received another jar (yeah!) and will continue to buy and love it. I'd say this product is for the more sophisticated noses... its not sweet or strong, its soft and gentle and makes my bathroom smell wonderful, too. I'll have to get around to trying the rest of the products in this line. And I agree with the previous reviewer; the only con was that you must scoop out the product; wish it had a pump. I do wish it had received better reviews here so more people would try it; I'd hate for it to be discontinued!

on 10/7/2009 12:13:00 AM

The bubble bath smells wonderful and it's a treat that I savor. The scent is wonderful, and the bubbles do not last too long. Due to the cost, I only buy this two or three times a year - it is my all time favorite.

on 2/15/2009 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I adore the smell of this and go into a trance if I sniff it for too long. For that reason alone I buy it as I would never normally pay this much for bath stuff.
Scent aside it is a low foaming gentle bath cream, makes the water milky and it leaves my skin soft, but then so do much cheaper ranges.
I've given it a high rating simply because I'm a huge fan of the smell.

on 2/12/2009 1:08:00 AM

Yes, this is a fabulous product. I love it. It can be used in the shower too. Great warm spicey scent. It has more scent than Ginger Burst which is well scented but there is little lather . Only a little is needed for great bubbles and scent. We all know bubbles do nothing really but hey, we love our bubbles !
For someone who really regretted getting Ginger Essence, I am addicted to the whole line of Ginger by Origins.

on 1/11/2009 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love Origins Ginger ANYTHING and this bubble bath is luxurious, producing lots of bubbles and smells like the rest of the Ginger line. I am not a huge fan of the fact that you have to get your hand into the jar to get it out into the tub as I prefer to squeeze bubble bath under the faucet, but that's really the only complaint I have. Fabulous otherwise. A little pricey.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was an impulse purchase, but now I regret it. I should have read the reviews here first. I'm giving this a low rating primarily because it sucks at its main purpose, to be a bubble bath. The scent is wonderful, and I like the concept of a cream bubble bath, but even when I use very generous quantities, I barely get any bubbles and the bubbles I do get are merely a thin layer of foam that are gone before the ten minute mark is up. If you love this scent as I do, there are much better ways to get your fix since Origins has so many products now with this scent. I would recommend not bothering with this lame bubble bath.

on 5/15/2008 10:19:00 PM

I love this product!!! As others have said I only use it as a shower cream not a bubble bath. So paying 25.00 for 17 oz when you only use a little bit on a shower poof is a really good price!!
Love the whole ginger origns line!! I use this in the shower followed by the ginger gloss when my skin is still damp then I follow with the ginger rush (only ava during christmas and mom's day) Makes my skin sooooo soft!! Will def repurchase!!! :)

Popular Bath Treatments