August 29, 2014 | 981 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Exact Eyelights Mascara in Black Ruby for Green Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Cinderelletta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm someone who tries any and all mascara I can get my hands on. I have a few favorites that I go back to once in awhile, but I typically don't repurchase the same mascara. This one was one that I bought on a whim because it was on clearance. I used it for awhile & then moved on to another mascara before picking it up again. That's when I realized how much I LOVED it. It doesn't do a lot of 'eye brightening' or anything for my green eyes, but the brush is amazing and I like how slim the tube is. It doesn't clump no matter how many coats I do or if I do them when the mascara is still wet or dry. Overall I really enjoy this mascara, mostly because of the amazing brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by vtorim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this mascara even though it has a low rating.

I agree with the fact that it doesn't bring out the green in my eyes but I love it as it doesn't smudge under my eyes or clump my lashes.

All I want from a mascara is one that doesn't smudge or clump. I have fine average length lashes and they clump easy but not with this mascara.

Also I have a bad habit of rubbing my eyes, but never noticed any panda eyes with this (maybe cause the colour isn't so dark).

So doesn't leave panda eyes and doesn't clump my lashes, thats all I want from a mascara and that's what I get. Happy as.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Derper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This mascara is TERRIBLE. You have to apply a very minimal amount or it immediately goes clumpy. And once it's clumped up, good luck fixing it. It made my eyelashes stiff and sparse looking. Halfway through the day it started coming off in tiny little flakes and lumps. I wear contacts, so it was very uncomfortable and I had to keep picking pieces of it out of my eyes all day.

By far the worst part is trying to remove it!!! Wow! Eye makeup remover does nothing because it doesn't just wipe off like normal mascara. It turns into a million sticky little lumps that end up all over your face, in your eyes, everywhere! I finally resorted to scrubbing my eyes raw with a washcloth, and even then I couldn't remove it all.

It's going in the garbage today after trying it twice. Don't waste your money on this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is advertised as bringing out green eyes, which I can't say it did for me. However, I will still repurchase this; it's a good everyday choice, with little (although still some) clumping and good staying power, it comes off easily with a little eye makeup remover, and, while it doesn't enhance the green in my green-blue eyes, it's a nice alternative to some of the more dramatic blacks, if you're looking for something a little more subtle.

I took a couple of points off for not doing what it advertised, but as a good basic day-to-day mascara, it gets the job done, and does add some nice definition and length to my lashes, so I will be repurchasing this.

UPDATE: I've now tried both the regular and waterproof formulas, and there is a definite difference. The regular formula is much more noticeable, has better color, and goes on easier, but has much more of a tendency to clump up than the waterproof. I wear the regular formula normally, since my tube of waterproof ran out, but if you're worried about clumping/flaking, then go with the waterproof.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this because it was designed for green eyes. My eyes are hazel and I wanted to bring out the green in them. I can't say that this mascara did that but for a natural look it is fine for everyday.

My lashes are short and fine so I need a waterproof mascara or they won't hold a curl. Typically I use a deep black in an attempt to define them.

It applied smoothly with no clumping. The pigmentation was fair though it did not yield a dramatic lash. I was able to build the color by adding a couple of layers. But if you are looking for a dramatic lash this is not the product for you. I did not notice any significant enhancement of my natural eye color.

This comes in the typical mascara packaging. I did like the applicator brush as the wand has a nice curved brush which makes application easy. It was thin and had enough bristles to catch my short lashes.

I got this a Walgreen for $8.99. Not a bad price as drugstore cosmetics have increased in price. I will continue to use this mascara but will not repurchase this particular formula. However I like this well enough that I plan to try other CG formulas. Believe it or not I have never used CG mascaras before.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by syntheticaesthetics

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this mascara, but I will admit when I first bought it it took some getting used to. I have hazel eyes, but love to accentuate the green in them, so I was really interested in the Exact Eyelights range when it came out. I have also tried the Exact Eyelights shadows for green eyes, but they did not make my eyes pop nearly as much as this mascara did. As a fan of big, black, more dramatic lashes, I will say I am not especially a fan of this mascara by itself, so I really just use it to layer with other mascaras. Otherwise, the mascara itself is more of a natural look, and the burgundy color is subtle enough to be worn everyday. When I do combine this with a more volumizing mascara, it adds extra length to my lashes, and my eyes immediately look brighter and greener.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by pinchbeck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the "waterproof" version since the regular version was sold out. The burgundy pigment in this mascara does not show up on lashes, but is a softer look than wearing black - so the colour is great for this. It looks like a muted black although some burgundy pigment shows up on the brush. This waterproof formula is near impossible to remove even with using mineral oil, soap and water.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after returning the purple version of Chanel's Inimitable Mascara, that mascara was way too clumpy but I loved the subtle purple affect so went looking for an alternative and ended up with this. This is a lovely everyday mascara. It lengthens and seperates and never clumps (even after 3 months). It's very natural looking. It does not add volume if that's what you are looking for. But sadly the purple is so subtle that does not show up on eyelashes at all, that is the only reason I won't repurchase. A great buy otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by imyourwildgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love love love this mascara! I have worn it for about two years now. It definitely makes my eyes look brighter and more noticeable! I've gotten so many compliments on my eyes since wearing this mascara! I love how it doesn't have a strong smell. It separates my lashes perfectly, lengthens, and looks very natural. I also love how it is a bit shimmery. I've read the other reviews on here and it definitely does not look like brown mascara on my lashes. I'd describe it as more of a raisin color. If you have green eyes this is a great mascara for you!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by spookycupcake