Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow Lux Lilac Shimmer Finish

on 6/24/2015 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very sheer light purple/lilac shade with a pearl shimmer formula. This might be more opaque if layered over either a purple base or a white base. It has a pretty shimmer to it and I think it would make a pretty inner-corner highlight with a purple lid.

I haven't used this a whole lot, yet...but NYX's "Frosted Lilac" shadow seems a lot more opaque than this one, so if at some point I do run out of this one, I may just go to NYX's shadow or find a more opaque light purple.

I will update in the future once I've used this shadow more.

really chalk-like color.. only use on lid with darker crease such as .. satin taupe

on 5/30/2009 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It was pretty cheap and looked like a nice light purple shade, so I bought it.

However, once applied the shadow was dusty and rather chalky. The colour was a light wash and was not flattering at all.
Overall, it was a waste of my money and I would not buy this again.

on 4/21/2009 6:41:00 AM

Thru color analysis it was determined Lilac is my ideal lid color, after years (ok decades) of wearing pinks with blues, grays, beiges, I realize they are right! But the lilac I purchase thru Color Me Beautiful UK comes in a tiny pan which fits in a magnetic palette. I am going to send a sample to Three Custom Colors and have them make it into a BIG pan which they use. So, I have to buy other brands Lilacs to add to it, this is an improvement over the older Maybelline formula, a little smoother, a little more pigment, not quite as grainy, for the price-bargain, but I won't purchase again.