July 28, 2014 | 1624 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Biore - Hydra Clear Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by pslovetoshop

This is Phenomenal!! OMG. Before this, I was using the Fancyl Cleaning Oil then MAC Cleansing Oil then Boscia Cleansing Oil (which was my favorite for a while). But this product is SOOOOO GOOOD. there is nothing that gets left behind. I simply pour a small amount on my hands and gently rub over my eyes - then wash with water. And it removes my waterproof and long-wearing liner sooo effectively. Its amazing. Its very affordable and does a phenomenal job. The best cleansing oil I've come across.For the face I use the Biore Makeup Wipes (OMG- very good too) and then follow up with my Cleaner and rest of skincare routine. Gotta say extremely impressed with these two Biore products. (OHH but please be careful and not get any of the cleansing oil into your eyes - cause it STINGS).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I guess it is too soon to tell since I've only used this remover once but because I'm liking it a lot, I decided to review it and update over time.

Before this, I was using MAC's cleansing oil and I have to say, both products are drastically different due to, of course, the lack of oil in Biore's makeup remover.

The first thing I noticed while using this remover was that it did not have that gritty feeling I felt whilst using MAC's. Biore's was smooth, almost too smooth, that I worried if I wasn't using enough. Then I washed it all off and I was really impressed by how clean my face felt. Compared to MAC's, which left an unclean and greasy feeling that would cause me to cleanse again. Nothing of that sort for Biore. I was extremely satisfied.

A setback though is that I wish they had pumps instead of caps for the remover. However, I'm not complaining since the cap still works fine for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by mybb

This is the first oil cleanser that i have tried. I do not use alot of make up . Just face powder, blusher & eye shadow. Initially when i started using i love it cause it was convenient . But now i am suspecting that is my skin to break out. I am very sure. WIll switch cleansing oil to see if this is the culprit. By the way, i have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 5:31:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for a couple of months now. And i love to use this to remove my make up at the end of the day. It's really easy to use. Use on dry palms and spread on face. Massage on entire face especially areas like your eyes. You really have to massage well and let it soften all your make up away. After that, just rinse off with water and you're done! For me personally, i like to do double cleansing so after that i'll go on to my facial cleanser. However you can choose not to do so. My skin feels soft and smooth after i wash it off with just this makeup remover. Although sometimes when i use waterproof makeup, i need to take more time to work on my eye area. Still, a pretty decent make up remover! Feels silky like oil on the skin but according to the labels, it's a water base solution. No need to worry about milia seeds, yays!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My prefereance for make-up removers, are the water-dissolvable oil types. Have tried a few over the years.
I find this one to top the list, cost-effective & a bottle had lasted me more than half-a-year altho having used it daily.
It smells great : refreshing floral. It removes double-coated waterproof mascaras quite well. It doesn't sting my eyes upon rubbing motions, this a simple daily product. Im surprised that it had not been widely reviewed..there were many print ads & tv ads for this product. Best of all, it promises as marketed. Staple in my life :)))

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Aniger86

I purchased this makeup remover as my Neutrogena oil free makeup remover was running out, and I couldn't find places that sold it at a good discounted price. Thus, I decided to settle for this since it advertises itself to be oil free, which I like.

How do you use it?
As per the instructions, do not spread product on a cotton pad and then clean makeup off like how you do with a conventional makeup remover. This product works more like a cleansing oil. You have to put the product on your dry hands and massage to work it into your face to remove the makeup.

Does it perform as advertise?
Yes, but to a certain extend. I have only used it a couple of times and it seems to remove makeup on the face well, with the exception of the eye area due to the curves of the eye as well as the product sipping into the eye and stinging it. Also, because the makeup at this area is harder to budge, there is quite a but of tagging involved if you were to use this makeup remover for the eye area.

How much product is used to remove makeup effectively?
On the instructions, it says a teaspoon/3ml is sufficient, but I would say I use this much for each side of the cheek, as well as the forehead, so that would be 9ml.

Final Verdict: Its an ok product overall, but I feel I might prefer the conventional method of wiping makeup off using cotton pads as it cleans makeup more effectively and this method also takes longer. The thing that might tempt me into buying this product is that its oil free, a huge plus point for me.

Update: I did repurchase in the end and would recommand this product as an alternative to cleansing oils for people who prefer oil free makeup removal.