October 24, 2014 | 913 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Curl Iron Spray and Gloss Finish

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair did not like this product at all. My hair doesn't take to curl very easily and usually only keeps "s" shaped curls with a styling wand. When I use this product in my hair, my curls will fall into straight sections of hair (that used to be curls) within an hour and my hair looks like I didn't wash it in about 5 days. I curled my hair the exact same way I also do but without this product and the curls stayed in my hair for 12 hours. I tried this on numerous occasions giving it many chances, using it "properly" each time but my hair just hates whatever is in it. The nozzle also kept getting clogged and I had to run it under hot water a few times to get it to spray into a mist again.

I'm sure it protected against the heat of my curling iron like its suppose to and its pretty cheap at the drugstore but I ended up throwing out my bottle because I hate how my hair looks when I use it. I will not be repurchasing this product

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Decent job for the price... and the price is low since it's being DCed, I believe. This seemed to have a little hold to it too, and that worked well for my flat-ironing addiction. However, it leaves a bit of build-up (must be the "gloss" component, so I spray at the ends only. If I spray higher, I only get 2 days out of my 'do rather than 3. Again, for the price, this is a good deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was originally looking for the Blow out Lotion and finishing Gloss from the Got2B Guardian Angel collection, but I couldnt find it anywhere.. Then I realized that it's the same thing as curling iron and straightening version as well. There are only one or 2 chemicals that are re-arranged for each version. They are all basically the exact same except for packaging. So, if you cant find the version you want, no worries!

That being said, I ended up finding the staightening iron version, and I love this stuff! Since they are all the same I figured I'd write a review for this version to. I have fine hair that is highly prone to heat damage.. I've used many different heat protections (Chi, Tressamme Heat tamer, VO5, blah, blah, blah...) but this one is the best.

It doesn't weigh my hair down, like the majority of products do. It's cheap, smells wonderful and actually works. That's not to say it completely stops heat damage, but I have noticed a fairly large improvement. I use this stuff every time I blow-dry, curl, or straighten my hair. Works great for all 3. The only thing I don't like is the alcohol in it, but its still a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by mthrapp

i'm indifferent about this product. it smells great, and depending on what kind of hair day im having it'll work. BUT if my hair is crazy when i wake up, kinks, frizzy etc...this just makes me smell good. If my hair is somewhat manageable when i go to straighten/blow dry my hair it works wonders. so again, i'm indifferent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I see so many great reviews on this D:
but this help hold a curl in my hair for a while but it frizzes up SOOO badly afterwards after a hour or 2

I might try again and see what happens :(

Smells great though and the packaging is cute :3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by lil_kismet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this stuff! Since I don't heat style my hair on a regular basis, I've never felt the need to go out and buy an expensive product. But I have also always had trouble finding a product that holds a curl, as my hair is quite thick, resilient, heavy, and pretty much stick straight. This does an AMAZING job of protecting my hair from the heat AND holding curls well into the next day! I don't even need to use a finishing hair spray with this and my hair does not feel crunchie, which is awesome! It smells good to boot and is cheap, especially when found on sale. Love it and I'll always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by 6rungirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair will not hold a curl without this product. It starts out ok, but within an hour the curl has loosened and inevitably my hair will be straight with just some loose wave to it. I spray this on my dry hair, let the product mostly dry, and then curl my hair. It lasts ALL DAY LONG. It has a nice smell and protects my hair from heat. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Will buy again and again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

Like the reviewer below me said, basically an average heat defense spray. This wasn't terrible, nor great, just meh. I got it on sale but prefer the Citre Shine or other brands to this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a mediocre thermal spray, I'm sure there are better ones on the market. However, for the price, I can't beat it because I don't straighten my hair enough to justify buying an expensive one. It seems to do the trick, and if your hair is well conditioned, then it produces nice results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm in love with this! First - the scent, it is awesome...and it reminds me of the really old Revlon Outrageous hair line from back in the day...that was my favorite scented shampoo and conditioner...I'm still hoping that Revlon will push it back out someday. I find that a lot comes out in one spray, so you don't need a lot. I spray this on and brush through, then curl. My curls came out great, and smooth and shiny. I am really liking this, but I believe it has been DC'd by Got2b (along with my FAVORITE face mask, of course). They still sell the other Guardian Angel items, just not this one. So, I had to buy this on ebay. I guess I will plan to continue to buy on there since they no longer sell this!