-I can do alot of summer looks with this palette
-Wasn't too expensive
-Comes with a sucky brush
-A sucky brand
-You have to add a couple of layers before the color shows up
Hmmm I might be biased. While I buy no means am a HE snob; I do love my Urban Decay shadows. That being said.... I saw this at my local Dollar Tree and thought for a dollar, why not. But it's so chalky it started to crumble when I SWATCHED it. Also, The pigmentation was not so good. I like my colors to "pop" and not be totally sheer. Sheer is ok for a little bit, but I hate to have to cake on eyeshadow to see it!! It looked pigmented on my fingers, but try to put it on your eyes, different story entirely!! I ended up giving this as an extra in a swap. Hopefully it will work for them. I also bought the 5 color palettes (based on several youtuber's suggestion) in the colors Tease, Wildflowers, and Darling. They're a little better, but not by much. Sadly, I will not buy these again.
My friend bought this for me and I was so surprised!!! Normally the color blue-green does not show well on me, but it did when I used this eyeshadown. It was lovely!!!! I love the colors and the price.
edit: Well I didn't want this to be wasted. So I kept trying to get the colors more vibrant. & bases help a lot! The colors aren't crazy pigmented, but they are subtle and nice. Idk if I would buy again.
My favorite cheap eye shadow set! I, like most reviewers here, buy this product at The Dollar Tree for $1 and I can safely say it's worth more. L.A. Colors makes the sort of eye shadow sets one hopes to find when looking for a quality buy that also happens to be very affordable.
- Bold colors that appear to be highly pigmented (especially for such a cheap brand)
- Silky texture that helps it glides on softly
- Packaging makes it easy for travel
- Fairly long-lasting
- I personally have never had to deal with the product creasing or, when using more than one color from the set, running together
- Some say the colors do not show up quite as bold as they look in the set but I find that it may depend on your skin tone
- The set tends to get dusty from stray bits of shadow after many uses
- I recommend using a different makeup brush instead of the one that comes with the product. The brush in the package feels too flimsy and so I've opted to use a makeup brush by E.L.F, which can also be purchased at The Dollar Tree for $1
- Tap off excess shadow on the brush on to a tissue instead of inside the package to prevent it from getting dusty
Go figure...you look for the perfect ES and find it at Dollar Tree!! Well I am in LOVE with these palettes. For one dollar I have found the colors I reach for more than any other at the moment in my extensive collection. Primer and good brushes is a must but that goes without saying. Colors blend beautifully on me and I coodinaate with the colors in the 12 color Traditional palette. Highly recommend - cos if you they work for you, you will love them!
I buy all my L.A. Colors at the Dollar Tree nearby and they are definitely worth the $1! The Eye Candy palette is great! I would definitely recommend using a primer underneath to make the colors more vibrant but it was absolutely worth the $1. I hate the packaging these come in, but for $1 who cares?! Great bright colors especially for someone just starting out with wearing color :)
I got for $1 today along with 2 different '5 metallic eyeshadows' and 2 'shadow singles' by l.a. colors. I love these shadows! The colors show up great for me!
I don't like the LA colors quads cause I don't feel like they are pigmented at all. At least not the ones I bought. Plus, I feel like they are really chalky looking.
For a dollar these shadows are pretty great! I was pleasantly surprised with the color payoff. The colors lasted well for a good few hours, blending hasn't been a problem, after a few swipes the palette get a bit dusty though. Overall I am happy with these little palettes and will definitely be buying them again.