November 23, 2014 | 2021 users online

Blush - Kevyn Aucoin - The Creamy Moist Glow in Nuelle

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by julia178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is a tough call because I honestly *adore* the color of this Creamy Moist Glow. In the tiny little pot Nuelle is THE most perfect soft peachy nude I have ever seen for my pale cool toned (NW15) complexion, the three lippies are just for the color. Unfortunately the formula is not that great, and the packaging and value for your money is downright poor compared to BB's Pot Rouges. I own and use many of the Pot Rouges most every day, but I was always looking for a softer shade since the Pot Rouges are very pigmented. And I thought the Pot Rouges are expensive at $22, until I saw that KA's Creamy Moist Glows cost the same, but you only get a fraction of the Pot Rouges.

So here's my sad verdict:

Pros:
- Very unique color for a cream blush (!!), a soft peachy nude, not orange, not brown, just perfection!
and unfortunately for me the pros end right here.

Cons:
- Product is difficult to spread and blend
- Goes on rather greasy
- Staying power is in no way comparable to the BB Pot Rouges
- Packaging is cute for travel, actually it looks like a deluxe sample-
- Price is very high for amount you get
- Product is quite hard to get out of the small container
I am really sad that this did not work out for me, the color os perfectm, everything else not so much unfortunately. And I hope Bobbi Brown is going to release such a pretty soft shade as a Pot Rouge very soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On my light/med to medium, yellow-olive coloring, this is a lovely nude flush. The color description is right on: "soft, peachy nude". Many nudes turn orange or muddy pink-brown on me, but this is a versatile, natural blush by itself. It's also great as a contour color, combined with warm or cool-toned blushes. It's no easy feat finding such a color. I've been test driving this for a month, and love it so much that i've gotten rid of a few bronzers & nude blushes. This product feels light on the skin, and has not caused clogged pores with repeated wear (which happened with Nars, BB, Hourglass, Shiseido). I wish I had tried KA's creams sooner. For reference, my skin tone is neutral/slightly warm. I look best in cool eye colors but nothing overly cool or warm on lips and cheeks. Nuelle goes with all my looks & whims. The packaging is small and portable, which is a great plus for me.