October 23, 2014 | 969 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Muse Bionic Mascara - Black Violet

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by GraceLin80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thickens lashes a lot! The liquid dries out in the tube after several uses. Make sure you tighten the cap very closely after use.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by sparklebluetulip

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok so the colour of this mascara is super good, it looks black but with the light on your lashes it has flecks of purple which I really love. On the downside I was expecting so much more from a Smashbox mascara especially considering their not the cheapest brand out there but the result is quite dull. If you're looking for natural, glossy, flexible lashes this is for you. This won't give you volume or any major length, it's just 'ok', the colour is the best bit. I also found that you have to spend ages to create any build up to give you volume, I like application that gives me full volumised dramatic lashes and this wasn't it for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Chemicals

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara! It is so volumizing and thick, and it has a really nice packaging! I fell inlove with this mascara. I would for sure recommend this to friends and buy it again. :P

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by GodsJoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, so I purchased this on a whim. Sephora was out of the original Bionic and so I'd thought I'd try the Black Violet (I've got green eyes, ain't purple supposed to make them pop?!). Anyways, its not a bad mascara if you are in a pinch (like I was), but it will never be my got too. The Black Violet just isn't dark enough for me, my lashes are black naturally, this color just kind of blends in. Oh, and its not water or smug-proof so be warned (no rubby the eyes).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by websterboy20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My go to mascara for a more natural look; I use Dior Blackout for a more dramatic look. I curl my lashes, then apply two coats to each eye. It really is more of a black than a purple, but it's just violet enough to make brown eyes, especially, pop. You could even use this on the bottom lashes, which I wouldn't recommend for most masaras. The formula is fairly thin, so it's not going to work wonders. However, I don't use a primer or a lash comb with this, so for a natural, quick and easy mascara, this is my pick.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by EvilQueen_

First of all, the packaging is super cute. Secondly, this color is AMAZING. It's a very, very dark black-purple. It darkens lashes while giving a little hint of color. From afar, this mascara looks black, but when you get up close, it's purple. I found that I generally dislike colored mascaras, but this one is superb. The brush itself is very high-quality and distributes the mascara evenly without clumping. Personally, I don't think this mascara does anything special in the lengthening/plumping department but I've found that it's great layered over a good thickening mascara.