September 23, 2014 | 1955 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Clarins - High Definition Body Lift

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by mrsminniver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Waited for a good 3-4 weeks before I submitted my report. This must be used in accordance to the application method proposed by Clarins. If not, money will be wasted as this product is not cheap. Having said that, I use this product faithfully in the morning along with their other Body Shaping Cream in the evening. I think there is a subtle difference to my thighs which were riddled with cellulite. Do not get me wrong, they are still there, just a little less obvious in the daylight; hubby confirmed my hopes as well. The reason why I tried these body products is because I am trying to look my best as swimsuit season is approaching and I must say, I am feeling a little more confident in donning that lovely swimsuit I bought.
I will probably continue purchasing and using these products (this product and the Body Shaping Cream) as long as summer is here, but will stop temporarily during the winter. Brace yourself for some work in using these products because if utilized correctly, they will deliver, in my opinion. On this product itself, the scent is refreshing and the lotion has a cooling effect which I do not mind, great for waking up in the morning.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by catherine112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't use this long enough to see if it get rids of cellulite. This gel lotion felt more like face wash with beads and it had a cooling sensation like Bengay or Hot & Icy sports cream. The smell was too minty and strange for me. I had to wash my hands after application cause it left my hands a lil sticky.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first foray into body improving products. My expectations weren't high, but who doesn't hope for little improvement.
I have worked my way through one bottle and to be honest, I can't see any difference. I wish it weren't so, but there it is.
The bottle is nice and sturdy, and the lotion is quite liquid and comes out easily. It is pinkish with little spheres that burst on application. Not terribly moisturizing, but that isn't what it is meant for, so I'll forgive them.
The price is fairly high, but that is a Clarins thing, and if it worked, I would have paid the world for it. As it didn't work, it is a pretty expensive moisturizer. LOL.
The smell is definitely different. Lots of menthol that can be a little off putting; but it doesn't last long so I can put up with it.
The really weird thing is the cooling sensation. It is REALLY cooling. Like rubbing your body with snow cooling. It is currently -19* C outside and maybe I just have winter on the brain but Holy S$%t, this stuff is nuts. I put it on, and then huddle over a warm radiator until the sensation goes away and I can warm up.
So, bottom line. Expensive, no noticeable results, crazy cold. No go. I will continue with my current body improvement routine...the treadmill.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

the smell is very bad and toxic feeling, irritates my nose. i have still managed to use it for 1.5 bottles as i am hoping it would help but no, not really. it is really cooling and very light to put on. the skin is a little smoother. other than that, not really. i prefer their body treatment oil anti eau, tonic oil . the body shaping supplement is much better. not a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by dilllll90

I am on my third bottle so far, and it's the 400ml bottle that you can get only at airport? Regular one is 200ml, Anyway, I have used l'oreal one with roller, gergens, elancyl, biotherm and etc. I have to admit I was wrong about this product before using it for consistent times by now.

I did work and the result is quite visible on me. I don't think it would do much to people with much muscle and the least fat, but for someone who don't work out as much like me, it's a nice product, it definitely slims the size of thigh and waist, esp. if this's the 1st few weeks you try it. It is so obvious because when I first applied, I kind only applied on one side of waist and within few days, I feel the result--one side of waist is obviously slimmer than another, and then I know this works wonders. I am not sure if the result is everlasting or just needs nonstop application to maintain the result. but I will keep using it despite the price, cause it works.

I usually apply after shower once per day, and 200ml bottle pretty much lasts me a month or so.
Ingredients has caffeine and several other agents to dim the fat cells.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by blackilocks

A tad on the expensive side but it really works, I see significant improvement in just a week so it is money well spent.

It absorbs quickly and isn't sticky so you can dress immediately.

There are little beads in the lotion that burst when you massage it in.

The product comes with details about how to massage it in so you get the best results.

I just massage upwards towards the direction of my heart.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by kaelores

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I added this to my daily routine when I changed my eating habits and started to exercise more. This DEMOLISHED cellulite that I thought I'd be stuck with forever! The combo of this and my workouts most definitely helped my results along. This is the only reason I can get away with shorts and skirts now!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by bekcogent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product and the Body Shaping Cream.

I use this on the back of my legs, thighs, and upper arms. After 5 days or so of using it I went to lunch with my best friend who kept commenting on how skinny my legs looked. NOW, I know that it's not a miracle product- but for me it certainly helps smooth and slim. Unless I diet, nothing else is going to help with that. It's good to find products that actually work and are easy to use.

It's a minty smell- not old lady to me. You also don't need to use a lot at all. It may be worth it to move the product into a bottle where it's not so easy to squirt a lot out- providing it's opaque and airtight. The caffeine has absolutely no effect on me besides smoothing my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by lschwartz1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really can't tell if this works or not. I like the experience of using it at nighttime because it smells sort of herbal and healthy and I lie down and do the special Clarins massage, which is relaxing. I have been doing a whole routine: apply anti eau oil to damp legs after my shower, then I jump back in the shower and spritz them with cold water, then I shake them dry, then I apply high body lift and lie down and do the massage, then I stand up and apply Body Firming cream to my legs and the rest of my body.
It is a lot of work! It certainly makes my legs feel nice and smooth but I can't tell if it has helped my cellulite. I can't see much on my legs at the moment so maybe it has.

All in all, I will try something different next. The main reason is that Clarins products contain paraben and my boyfriend doesn't like the smell as he thinks it is an 'old lady brand.'

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by APaleBlondeSpeaks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried many creams - some work, some don't - and this one most definitely does not work at all. First of all, any time you put something creamy/wet on your skin, you will feel a slight cooling sensation. That doesn't mean it's "working," only that it's wet, and in this case, minty. The serious downsides of this particular product are not only that it's very expensive and makes as much difference as massage, no more, but also that the level of caffeine is so high that you should only put it on in the morning, when it would be least effective even if it worked. The one time I wore this at night, I had trouble sleeping. And since I exfoliate/shower at night, it was annoying to have to take a mini-shower in the morning just to prep for applying this product. Before Clarins, I was using a product that works very, very well, and I think we all know what that one is (if you don't, just check the reviews at MUA), so I could tell the definite decline in my skin when I switched to Clarins, but since the one I was using is ridiculously expensive, the search for a cheaper alternative continues!

Ladies, save your money; a drugstore variety like Nivea works just as well as Clarins (not very well, but encourages you to massage, which is good).