October 25, 2014 | 1732 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - On A Clear Day Retinol Clarifying Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Ls252

I have been using this for a little over a month every night. It does keep my acne at bay and has faded my dark spots a tiny bit, but it definitely is not a miracle product. The most annoying thing about it IS THE CAP!!! Once you take it off it is almost impossible to close it normally. I feel like you can get a better product for less money. I will use up, but not re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

P. Begun on Beautypedia gave a " good" mark to this lotion and to the company in general. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I've been using it for two months every single day, sometimes two times a day, but I didn't notice any results.
My skin is dry in winter, I have some pimples, plus a couple of red and dark sports. During this two months of use my dark and red sports didn't fade and pimples are still there plus a couple of new appeared. The lotion moisterizes my skin, doesn't feel sticky or greasy, but I was expecting that it will clear my skin at least a little bit.
I am happy I bought it for 25$ not 40$ and I am not going to buy it again definitely. It's just not worth it if you want to clear your skin from acne marks or break outs. It's better buy stronger retinol creams, which cost 20-30$ more, but the results are visible.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by abjhogan

I originally started using this with the kit but everything together was too harsh for my skin. I have acne prone skin that is sensitive and dry but a tiny bit of oil in the t-zone. I began using this during a particularly bad break out and within a week it cleared it up (still some red marks left but no bumps). On it's own it is not moisturizing enough so I use it with Murad Night Perfecting Cream. As time has gone on it has also made my skin more even toned and smooth. Worth the price in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by StevenC

I have been suffering from adult acne mostly due to my combination skin with at least one cystic acne every week and constantly in that "scar healing phase", heard heaps of good things about retinol and decided to give it a go - i liked the fact that it has hyluronic acid and vit E

It did take an adjustment period where i had to back off for a few days when my skin got tight, i also only used it at night, I am now up to the stage where I can use it every night with no side effects

I've literally forgotten what its like to have a breakout/pimple., whilst this hasn't made my skin glow or anything it certainly did stop any breakouts from occurring and even if i had one (those tiny whiteheads) it would go within a day or two

I momentarily panicked when Mecca cosmetica told me they weren't stocking it anymore, thankfully I found a place online! a MUST have for adult acne sufferers

Update:philosophy seems to have decided to stop stocking this in preference to Help me, in any case i think my skin has grown immune to this and I've also moved on to better products..

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by kcolley

I was really excited to try this product as I had heard great things about the effects Retinol can have on acne. I tried this with the kit containing cleanser, spot treatment and all over treatment. Although I liked how my skin felt after using the retinol treatment after two months of using it my skin is no better than it was before I started. It is a very expensive product and for me it did nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by kat_25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't write reviews often but I realized while i was doing my night routine tonight that this product has faded all my post-acne scars to the point where some of them are gone. My skin looks younger. Like all treatments, consistency is key. The nights I get lazy and only wash my face, my skin looks dull. I recommend using this with the clarifying gel and the spot treatment to get optimal results. I thought using three products would be an overkill on my face but in my 30s my skin looks the best it ever has that I've stopped wearing full coverage/medium coverage foundation to a tinted moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by destined113

This is my HG moisturizer. I cannot live without it. I only use it at night though because it is soooo expensive. I tried to replace this with the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream, Original Formula SPF 15 because it also has retinol and spf but it didn't work (I use this as my day moisturizer because of the spf and it does not leave my skin oily- I have very oily skin). Once I stopped using this moisturizer I started breaking out like crazy. This is the only thing that keeps my skin clear. I have been using this for about 10 months. The first month was kind of tough because my skin was getting use to it, but my skin is always clear now.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by azunino228

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: a couple months later:
I've been using this consistently and I haven't seen any miracles but I also haven't gotten worse so I guess that's saying something. I think I'm going to try the Help Me by the same brand and see how that does for me. I think its a little cheaper and I've heard good things. I really don't have any complains about this but I guess I just wanted to see more results. If Help Me sucks then I might go back to this because it doesn't make my skin worse, and thats the best I have found so far.
__________________________________________________________

I've been using this for a couple weeks and I can see that my scars have faded somewhat. I have started using it every other night because I think it was a bit much for my oily skin every night. It seems to have done the trick. I do have some weird bumpiness on my cheeks where I have never broken out before but that has started to lessen now so maybe my skin is getting used to the different products. I will continue to use this and I hope that I scars fade more and the breakouts lessen!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by rocketqueen1141

Just like a few other reviewers, this actually made my acne worse too. I thought maybe my skin was purging too so I stuck it out and my skin got worse over a month! I wish I would have returned this stuff to Sephora immediately and got my money back but it's too late :-(

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin DID NOT like this. Sad, because it has awesome ingredients in it, take a look. No sooner did I apply this than my face became a greasy mess, complete with cystic bumpy pimples festering under my skin (on nose, chin, and middle of forehead/eyebrows). Sorry to be so graphic. I just couldn't believe it, given the good ingredients. Maybe my skin was purging?? Nonetheless I can't handle a purge like this. I wanted to try Help Me but since the ingredients are similar, I'm afraid I'll get the same results. Oh well, back to the old routine.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No