Mavala - Colorfix

4.5

on 1/28/2013 1:24:00 AM

Don't know why this nail polish got such high rates. I bought it simply because the praises here, however it truly disappointing me.
I have very fragile, layered, chipped nails, therefore most of the nail polishes will chip in 3 days on my nails, and I always seek someone can last longer. I quite like Seche Vite before, it dry super fast and very glossy. But it chipped crazily, many times half of the whole nail polish peeled off in 3-4 days.
However I hate Marvala much more. It dries unbearably slowly, yet chips as quick as Seche Vite. Geeze! I just used it 2 times and couldn't take it anymore.

on 11/2/2012 6:30:00 AM

Great top coat,high shine,my nail polish doesn't chip for 4 to 7 days depending on the nail polish.I used it with a nude Avon polish(Rose Quartz) and my manicure lasted about 12 days,until I got bored of it and changed the color

on 7/7/2009 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Mavala's ColorFix Top Coat does have a long-lasting shine, but it's not a fast drying top coat.

on 10/26/2008 10:54:00 AM

Salon shine that lasts. I won't buy any other topcoat as this makes up for a myriad of home mani/pedi sins. Just bought 4 on line ($8.09 each) to include with gifts so friends can share in this fabulous product.

on 8/21/2008 12:12:00 PM

I could never keep a nail polish on my nails longer than two or three days, and this product is really good. I havent't tried any others though, and I don't plan to, because this keeps nail polish nice and without chips. I actually got bored of the colour and took it off. Amazing. Doinh your nails now finaly has sense!

on 7/25/2007 4:57:00 PM

The best top coat I've tried! Makes your nails really shiny and keeps your nail polish looking good for a loong time. Once it's dry I can do pretty much anything without having to worry about my manicure.

on 4/17/2007 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG top coat. I use this every 2nd day and my home manicures last for ages and look like they've jsut been done. Stops chipping, peeling and gives your nails that 'just got out of the salon' shine.

Colorfix is definitely better than most other topcoats I've tried before, in terms of ensuring the "longevity" of nail colour. I did a mini experiment with a Colorfix topcoat on my fingernails on the left hand and 3-dollar Korean topcoat on those on the right. The results: nail colour on the left stays longer, not as easily chipped off, even when I was furiously typing out assignments on a tight deadline. As for the "incomparable shine" that Mavala claims it imparts, I don't see any evidence, because my nail colour was already quite shiny (it had tiny sparkles) on its own. I won't buy it again because I seldom paint my nails and there is still a lot in the bottle to go.

on 4/11/2005 10:50:00 AM

Super glossy top coat. Does a great job at ensuring a long lasting, shiny manicure. When I first bought it, I applied it over the disastrous manicure I had self-inflicted using worst nail enamel ever (nailfinity) and did a great job at improving its appearance. I actually couldn't believe the difference it made!!!! So it'll save me some money since I won't have to throw away my Nailfinity enamel!!!!

on 10/2/2004 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product. All n/p chips after washing my laundry but it doesn't. It is shiny & really enhance the colour of my n/p. Brush is bigger than OPI so it is easy to get job done. Sally 'No Chip' is closed to it except takes ages to dry & costs more in Hong Kong. I buy it at HKD39 = USD5.