November 28, 2014 | 1767 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by IsaRiquezes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this mascara last summer, since I was going to the beach for a few weeks. I'm not a fan of waterproof mascaras, but this one has been the worst I have ever used, it gave me no thickness or length at all, plus it made my eyelashes stick together in a terrible way... When I would get in the water, little black flakes started falling around my eyes. I really have nothing great to say about this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by racheslor

This is my holy grail mascara; i wear this on a daily basis.

From the price to the longevity, the Colossal Volume Express Waterproof mascara is the best. I'm a high school student and I wake up at about 6:00 a.m. to do my makeup. I don't return from clubs/activities and school until about 5:00 p.m. My skin, also, isn't the best (it gets greasy really fast). With a little touch of translucent powder, this mascara stays all day and keeps my lashes perky (yes, ALL day).

Especially with my short, asian lashes, this mascara does a spectacular job of keeping my lashes full and voluminous.

I've purchased about 5 tubes of this mascara already and each one is consistently great. No irritation. Not a problem.

The only minor flaw with this mascara is that it isn't actually waterproof. Though it is difficult to remove, if you go swimming or get soaked in the rain with this mascara on, it will smudge a lot. However, as a daily mascara I would highly recommend this to anyone!

Thanks for reading! (:

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I LOVE this mascara. The formula is really good- no clumping, flaking, or smudging, and it's really moisture proof. But the real star is the brush. The brush beautifully separates and coats each lash, and is very buildable without clumping. You can get some pretty impressive lashes with this brush. My lashes are medium length, not thick at all, and very straight (I do use an eyelash curler, tho). Depending on how much mascara I decide to apply, I can go from looking like I have really nice, full, long lashes all the way to creating lashes that can pass pretty closely for fakes. I use a cleansing oil to get off my mascara, and it works just fine to get everything off with no residue. All in all a great product, and I've been repurchasing for about a year now.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Made my eyelashes fall out in clumps. Do I need to say more?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This is without a doubt my favourite mascara of all time. I'm one to get really bored with products and always try new things but since trying this ~9 months ago, I've stayed loyal! This mascara makes my relatively stubby lashes super duper long and flirty. With this mascara my lashes are separated, lengthened and volumized. The mascara has a wet but thin formula making it so that the mascara can coat every lash and hold a curl all day. My mascara always looks just as good at the beginning of the day as the end. I prefer the waterproof version because it holds and wears better throughout the day but comes off easily with my Clean and Clear eye makeup remover. The one downside is the packaging which is functional but looks cheap and feels very "12 year old girl" to me. Everyone's lashes are different but I really recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Ratach

This mascara is my all time favourite! Having tried countless high-end mascaras, be it Benefit They're Real or Lancome Doll Eyes, none of them have managed to surpass this piece. It lengthens and separates my eyelashes as well as giving them the volume promised. Even though I didn't have a chance to test its waterproof quality on the beach, I can confidently say that my mascara didn't budge when I went through my regular facial wash routine. I advise everyone to avoid splurging on mascara and stick with Maybelline, because they really know what they're doing :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Sarahdawson2006

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Dried very hard and clumpy but is a ok product if you wipe down the wand regularly. I wouldn't say it is my favourite mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Pinksk8wax

I have a horrible habit of accidentally buying the waterproof versions of mascaras, attempting to wear them even though I hate waterproof formulas, hating them, and immediately tossing them in the trash. So, like the other mistaken purchases, I gave this one the benefit of the doubt. I was surprised to see this one was different. I noticed right away after one application that my eyes appeared more awake and brighter. This did smudge a little throughout the day, which I found ironic considering that it was a pain in the butt to remove (like ALL water proof formulas) hence the reason I don't like them and why this only got three stars If you're purposely looking for a waterproof formula for whatever reason, this one is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by jobarbie

This is my absolute HOLY GRAIL mascara! For reference, I have long, full, but stubbornly straight lashes. The problem I have with most mascaras is keeping my curl, which is why I only buy waterproof formulas. Volum' Express has everything I look for: it gives me buildable volume, does not flake or smudge, has a rich black color, and most of all keeps a curl! Every other mascara I have used (even other cult favorites like The Falsies) weighs down my lashes and causes the curl to droop. I highly recommend this mascara for my fellow straight-lashed ladies, or even anyone who is looking for a solid volumizing mascara. It's the best one on the market and for the price is unbeatable.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by shesUNIQUE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I want to start off by saying that I LOVE colossal maybelline mascara just NOT the waterpoof one! Everyone is different and has different tastes, but I prefer non-waterproof and bought this one by accident and regretted it later. If you don't know whether you want waterproof or not, then I suggest you buy the non-waterproof colossal and see how it goes before switching to waterproof.

Would I purchase again or recommend to a friend? -No.