October 23, 2014 | 941 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Ratach

This mascara is my all time favourite! Having tried countless high-end mascaras, be it Benefit They're Real or Lancome Doll Eyes, none of them have managed to surpass this piece. It lengthens and separates my eyelashes as well as giving them the volume promised. Even though I didn't have a chance to test its waterproof quality on the beach, I can confidently say that my mascara didn't budge when I went through my regular facial wash routine. I advise everyone to avoid splurging on mascara and stick with Maybelline, because they really know what they're doing :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Sarahdawson2006

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Dried very hard and clumpy but is a ok product if you wipe down the wand regularly. I wouldn't say it is a amazing product

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Pinksk8wax

I have a horrible habit of accidentally buying the waterproof versions of mascaras, attempting to wear them even though I hate waterproof formulas, hating them, and immediately tossing them in the trash. So, like the other mistaken purchases, I gave this one the benefit of the doubt. I was surprised to see this one was different. I noticed right away after one application that my eyes appeared more awake and brighter. This did smudge a little throughout the day, which I found ironic considering that it was a pain in the butt to remove (like ALL water proof formulas) hence the reason I don't like them and why this only got three stars If you're purposely looking for a waterproof formula for whatever reason, this one is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by jobarbie

This is my absolute HOLY GRAIL mascara! For reference, I have long, full, but stubbornly straight lashes. The problem I have with most mascaras is keeping my curl, which is why I only buy waterproof formulas. Volum' Express has everything I look for: it gives me buildable volume, does not flake or smudge, has a rich black color, and most of all keeps a curl! Every other mascara I have used (even other cult favorites like The Falsies) weighs down my lashes and causes the curl to droop. I highly recommend this mascara for my fellow straight-lashed ladies, or even anyone who is looking for a solid volumizing mascara. It's the best one on the market and for the price is unbeatable.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by shesUNIQUE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I want to start off by saying that I LOVE colossal maybelline mascara just NOT the waterpoof one! Everyone is different and has different tastes, but I prefer non-waterproof and bought this one by accident and regretted it later. If you don't know whether you want waterproof or not, then I suggest you buy the non-waterproof colossal and see how it goes before switching to waterproof.

Would I purchase again or recommend to a friend? -No.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by MUAkiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara has been the BEST mascara I've tried so far. I've purchased this quite a few times and found myself liking it a lot.

BACKGROUND: My lashes are average length, straight and points down but not very noticeable when curled. It is by no means thick or voluminous. It does not hold a curl with non waterproof mascaras, but holds a curl with pretty much every waterproof mascara I've tried.

WATERPROOF: it holds my curl all day very well. However, I wouldn't depend on it when emerging in water. It tends to smudge in hot/humid weather, but i do have oily skin to start with. In winter, there are minimal to no smudges though.

LENGTH/VOLUME: the first coat it gives tons of length, and by the second coat, it gives some volume. The volume it gives it not too dramatic, perfect for an everyday natural look. I don't think it's very build able because it does clump a little bit by the second coat (i actually like a little clump for some volume)

SEPARATION: i wouldn't depend on it for separation as it does clump a little bit by the second coat.

PRICE: Where i live, it's usually on sale for 6$ plus GST at Walmart which is awesome for us who are on a budget!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

LOVE this! Better than the Dior mascara I purchased a while ago. This glides onto my lashes making them black, volumized and LOOONGGG. I can't communicate how much I adore this product. Will repurchase for life. I'm glad I won't have to spend $25 on a mascara anymore!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Popcandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is really good for its price, however it's not very waterproof (will smudge in humid weather). it provides lots of length of the first coat and nice volume if you add it on. It makes my lashes look very long and thick. I'm very impressed. It also holds a curl very well even you have stubborn and straight lashes. But if you have oily eyelids, it would be better to add on a coat of very waterproof mascara. I recommend kiss me long and curl mascara.

Pros:
Holds a curl
Very good lengthening and volumizing effect
Cheap
Easy to find

Cons:
Not very waterproof
Can be slightly clumpy-need to apply with good skills
The colour of the bottle isn't very attactive

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by paigie42

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara definitely gives lots of volume to my lashes. It is also very waterproof, as others have mentioned, to the point of it being difficult to remove. My problem was that because my eye area is oily it smudged under my eyes giving me that oh so attractive haven't slept in a week look. But somehow, because it was so waterproof I guess, I had a really hard time removing those smudges once they were there. Normally, a quick swipe and they would be gone, but those smudges won't budge! I will not be finishing the tube!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by laamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have just bought my third tube of this mascara, so I thought I might as well write a little review.
It's fairly cheap. It doesn' t smudge. It holds the curls well. It adds volume and length, but still looks natural and doesn't get crazy chunky.
It's waterproof to a certain point: if I cry a lot, or if the weather is very humid, it's not gonna work. But when it's a little water / sweat, it won't budge.
The quality of the packaging is fine, I personally hate the colour but oh well.
All in all, it's a pretty good product if you need a pretty good mascara and you're on a budget.