October 25, 2014 | 1466 users online

Blush - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Blush in Sunset

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this blush in a swap and wasn't really expecting much. In general, the cream blushes I've tried have been too "stiff" and don't blend well on my cheeks, which have a lot of discoloration, without disrupting my foundation. I was pleasantly surprised by this! The texture is so light and sheer. It feels great going on and blended naturally. It also wears really well (still on 9 hours later). At first, the peach looked so bright I was scared, but it blends in and becomes so natural that I even use a touch on my hairline to give a sun-kissed look. To top it off, the case is pretty, sleek and compact (I hate bulky products). Love it and will check out more from this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by alise1968

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely natural peach color for the cheeks. Great to use during the winter as it goes on smoothly and blends easily. Lasts all day on me. Wonderful cream blush, probably the best I've tried. Just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by jules007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my FAVORITE cream blush. Looks very natural and pretty on the skin and is the most beautiful soft pink peach. The consistency isn't greasy at all. It has more hold then most cream blushes I've tried. Comes in a small portable compact which is great for traveling. Looks great paired with Mally's contouring powder and Luminzer in Heavenly. This is a definate repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by ncdc83

Just got this yesterday, already thinking of picking it up in another color or as a backup to carry around. Packaging is great, a tiny compact with a mirror and eco friendly all around. Some may gripe about the price, but the $22 was OK for me. I'm sure it'll last a few months and when the $22 are spread out through those months, the costs are ultimately minimal. This is my very first cream blush - no other basis for comparison but... It's very creamy, light and buildable. I use liquid foundation and needed a creamier blush from my normal powder blush. Very dewy look, a healthy glow, has lasted all day so far and doesn't make my already oily skin shinier. The cream blush does look more natural than the powder (on me). You can use a brush or your fingers, used my fingers with ease (will prop end up trying a brush at some point :) Also, very easy to use, was a little worried about the clown face but it was incredibly simple. Goggle/you tube some tutorials, overall, fool proof. I have very oily, acne prone skin, think my other blush was making me break out (although very pretty). Will be sure to report back on the acne-friendliness/longetivity of the product :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by carinnemj

I need another peach blush like I need a punch in the stomach, but my peachy comrade-in-arms should still know about this one by Josie Maran. It's the dewy, radiant, perfect shade I've been looking for in a cream blush. I've been wearing more cream blushes lately because I really like how the formula is translucent and blendable. This shade is particular is just sheer, pure peachiness. No shimmer or other juvenile nonsense. Anyway, I sound like ad copy but I loved it instantly.

$22 for a .12 oz compact at Sephora.com.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Gorgeous peach shade on my medium skin. Blends in easy over my powder foundation. Stays on all day on my oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: A bit too oily for me now that I have used it a couple times

I love cream blushes, and this Josie Maran cream blush is by far my favorite. Much easier to apply and looks more natural than MAC, and the testure beats NARS by far. Her products are natural and the colors are as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

An excellent cream blush which is buildable and blends like a dream. I like that it stays slightly dewy - the skin on my cheeks is the driest part of my face and I find cream blushes usually finish quite dry and highlight any flaking I may have. Beautiful light apricot shade that I could see working on most skintones. Somehow even though this doesn't contain any visible shimmer particles, it gives a very fresh looking radiance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by msimone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with the reviewer below. This is the happy medium btwn Nars Penny Lane and Stila Gerbera cream blushes. The texture of this blush is very thick and creamy, but super blendable. Only a teenie bit is required, which makes me happy that this will last me a while, especially with the price tag, The color is the perfect apricot color. There is no shimmer, but it is glowy and dewy. I prefer to apply this by lightly dabbing it on with my fingers. For a super natural look, I will lightly go over it with my already used and still moist foundation brush to blend it in. Everytime I wear this everyone compliments my skin and tells me I have a glow. This has made it to HG status for me. In a pinch I also dab this on my lips for a soft nude color, although it can be a little drying. love love love!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this blush! I'm a big fan in theory of creamy blushes, but my problem is oily skin that I still fear will break out. While this hasn't actually happened so far, it's hard to ignore that sticky/tacky feeling i get from other blushes.
I'm still faithful to them, but this one is clearly a cut above the rest. First off, it dries to a near-powder finish, but not SO drying that it's matte or lacking in the "dew" factor. It's definitely a happy medium in that department.
This blush color is fabulous. It's a peachy pink that is not quite as neon as say Gerbera (which i love!) by Stila or as muted as penny lane by NARS (also love)...it's a terrific blend of being sort of that pink you see on a nectarine skin in the ripest area, but not flat out "PINK!" or "PEACH!" - it's just subtle and glowy. Gorgeous!
Cost: not bad, but not terribly affordable. Saving up for this would be a good option though and the product lasts a long time, you can tell. A little goes a long way.
Packaging: I love the packaging. Very sleek and basic, yet attractive (circular compact with the brand name imprinted on it, a coppery color).
Availability: somewhat limited, I found mine in the NYC Sephora near Rockefeller center. :D yay NYC.

What i really love is that JM Cosmetics seem devoted to being enviro-friendly, which is cool. I love this item and would repurchase if I run out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No