October 2, 2014 | 1822 users online

Conditioner - L'Oreal - EverPure Sulfate Free Color Care System - Volume

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate Free Color Care system is a top notch shampoo and conditioner for coarse, dry, overworked hair. It suds up well, doesn't strip color, and left my hair feeling salon silky soft and vibrant.

The one major drawback is the smell. It smells like a topical treatment for a wound. If you have never brought a friend or relative to a wound center, smell this shampoo and conditioner, and you will know how a wound center smells.

Hoped the smell would dissipate throughout the day. It did somewhat, but even by midday, when I turned my head to speak, work, etc., the smell assaulted my nostrils.

Rating this shampoo and conditioner with four lippies because it is a drugstore product that gives salon products a run for their money. I won't repurchase because of the smell; however, if one finds the smell tolerable, or even "minty," one will be quite pleased with this shampoo and conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by macshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE the smell of this conditioner. The rosemary mixed with the mint makes my scalp tingle with happiness.

However, I noticed no great protection with hair color, and volume I got seemed to be because of styling, not because of this conditioner. If I received a bottle, I would certainly use it up, but I'd rather try something new than repurchase it.

Love the packaging. I think ALL conditioners should come in a squeeze tube to get out that pesky last bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by sweetsera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have naturally black hair but I dyed them red recently. Just started using this product today and I'm rlly astounded by the results! Got them at a discount at Watsons! Currently using this with the Giovanni Colorflage Remarkably Red shampoo. That shampoo leaves my hair tangled and dry.. but after using this, it leaves my hair with a rlly soft and smooth texture. Like baby hair! Plus, I love the smell! (: Totally a must-get! Price is a little expensive considering the quantity for a off the shelf brand, but I'd say the price is totally worth every single cent! Will definitely get this with the shampoo once the Giovanni one finishes. And did I mention how much it actually prevents colour from fading?! Normally my conditioners/shampoos will strip the colour of dyed red hair like crazy! However, when I used this conditioner, the colour did not fade as much as usual. Definitely my new HG! (:

Updates after using it for prolong timing: This does nothing for me since the second or third time I did it and I regretted what I said previously. Now, I can savely say it doesn't do much. It's not soft and silky like the first few tries of using it. It's really weird ! ):

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by winniewyli21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very excited about first trying out this product because I have really fine hair and FEAR I might be bald by the age of 30 (I lose hair when i'm stressed).

Product fell face flat. Just like what it did to my hair. It made it FLAT FLAT FLAT. The shampoo just wouldn't wash out my hair properly and it made my hair look greasy, YUCK :(

I paired this product with the shampoo and would not buy it again...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by amandajohk

I just found my new go to shampoo and conditioner. I want to try some of the other line now since I like what Ive tried so far so much. My hair is soft but not too soft for styling, volumized, and frizz free. The sulfate free shampoo does suds up and the conditoner can be combed through. Ive never used a conditoner where I didnt have to use larger than a quater sized dallop before. I have hair past my shoulders and I can get away w/ using a nickel sized dallop. I was really impressed by that alone. The smell isnt bad but it could be better. The price is worth it to me since it works so well and I dont have to use much.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I do love the smell and it makes my hair feel really healthy but there's not alot of product. For the amount of product & it being a drugstore brand I thought it was expensive. But I just bought it so hopefully in a week Ill still like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by pearlbutton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved this conditioner at first: it smells gorgeous (fresh, slightly minty), and feels like a lovely luxury to apply. I also didn't need a whole load for it to really excellent at it's job of volumising my coloured, fine & wavy hair. However, after a few weeks, I was somewhat disappointed to see that my hair was quite a bit flatter -it wasn't exactly limp, but it didn't have the amount of life it had before, and didn't feel as 'swishy', plus I was getting odd spot-like bumps in my scalp quite often.

It took me a while to work out what probably happened is that because the shampoo that goes with this doesn't have sulphates (again, lovely to use, smells great and lasted ages as I only needed a teeny tiny amount) but this conditioner does have silicones, they weren't being washed out (as only harsher sulphate cleansers get rid of them properly).

The packaging is attractive -not ridiculously girly, not bulky and easy to open in the shower. It didn't open in my wash bag when I went away & wasn't too hard to get the last of it out, with a bit of persuasion.

If I bought this again (I'd certainly be tempted, especially if it was on offer) I'd probably team it with a sulphate based shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by bagpuss21

This review is for the shampoo and the conditioner.........My hair is fine and highlighted, I started using those purple tinged shampoos to brighten my hair and remove any brassy tones...it was great untill my hair started to feel like wire....it was so dry. I had read that using shampoo and conditioner without sulfate was good for your hair, i had tried 1 once before but it didnt foam up and i kinda didnt feel like it was cleaning my hair throughly enough. This L'oreal shampoo does foam up and for the first time in about a year i could actually have skipped conditioner if i wanted too. I used the matching conditioner and my hair was so soft, but not flat, its shiny healthy and feels like hair again. I think i paid about 5 for each from Boots which is alot IMO but i think both should last me about 1 month..so its worth it for healthy hair. I cant see me switching from this range any time soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by kitkatndan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is a great conditioner because it doesn't fade my color as fast as other conditioners do.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by gabina2008

I am rating this product poorly because frankly, it smells just like mouthwash; I was expecting some nice herbal scent. I finished the tube off just because I don't like to waste product. I could only use it when I wasn't expecting to see my fiance, there was no way I was going to have him tell me my hair smelled like mouthwash. Aside from fragrance, it seemed to work okay. I'm going back to my Victoria's Secret shampoo/conditioner products.