October 2, 2014 | 1989 users online

Bronzers - NARS - Irresistiblement

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This, for me, has become my HG Summertime bronzer. Bronzer is a tricky thing for me and my (very pale, leaning cool) skintone.This one, is near perfect. While Laguna is too brown and muddy on me, Irresistiblement - while leaning quite peachy - really brightens up my complexion.

I can detect no shimmer in this, but I do feel it looks terrible as a contour. I much prefer this as something I can use to bronze all over, and use something more plummy like MAC Strada to actually sculpt. The best way I've found to apply this is with the RealTechniques Multitask brush with the purple handle; I'll apply along cheekbones, nose, temple, side of my ears, and down my neck. Anything too dense, like a MAC#168 or Quo Angled Blush Brush just deposits too much in one area. As mentioned below, this plus Deep Throat is the power couple O & Laguna seem to be for everyone else.

For reference, I'm generally NW10, but closer to an NW15 at the moment. Foundation matches include BB Skin in Alabaster, Revlon CS Whipped in Ivory, Revlon PR in Ivory, MAC Studio Fix Powder in N3, MSFN in Light. TM matches include Alabaster Tint in Bobbi Brown & 01 in Stila. BB Creams include Missha Perfect Cover #13, skin79 Hot Pink, & GOSH in Sand 01.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first bronzer I ever bought. I like how it's not too brown. I mostly use bronzers as blushes. This one is pretty subtle on my medium/dark olive skin. I wish it had a little more pigment. I really like the packaging and I think that it is very generously sized.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by zzuzzua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this bronzer a year ago, I use it on daily basis and I have still more than half left!

I think this color is pretty much suitable for every skin tones. It gives you light tanned look if you use it lightly, for deeper look I use all over my face and then I also apply it along my cheek bones as blusher.

I have quite sensitive skin and I did not have any problem with this product.Another thing I like about this that it last on your skin for quite a long time.

I would recommend this, price is average for bronzer and it does last ages. Also, it comes with mirror which I like because bronzer I was using previously did not include one.

Overall, nice product worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I buy a bronzer, I'm not looking for something that makes me look like I really got a tan. Instead, I just want something to "warm up" my face and give my skin a bit of natural looking color. I am NC20 (Nars Sheer glow in Deauville) and most bronzers look very obvious on me. This one, I am happy to report, looks amazing! I apply it with a light hand and it just warms up my face, helping me look a bit healthier. This bronzer is matte, which I also love. If you have had trouble finding a natural looking bronzer in the past, I highly recommend giving this one a try. I intend to repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I purchased this, I guess I wanted to see what I was missing. As a bronzer, it was more like a setting powder on my NW45-50 skin tone. As a blush, it is pretty nice. It gives my skin a matte glow, which I love. But unfortunately I have blush in a similar tone that will give me the same effect, for much less. I will continue to use but I will not repurchase. I might recommend this to a friend but she is very pale and I think it would look muddy on her.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by ohipuppie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this because it gives such a warm, sunkissed look! As always, the quality of this blush is just as expected for a Nars product. Don't be scared of how orangey it looks in the pan, it is so beautiful once its applied.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by xanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Yay! A bronzer for the pale! If the widely praised brown bronzers leave you looking like you emerged from a dirt bath (I'm looking at you, Hoola) you might want to try Irresistiblement. This is great for that "bronzer as a blush" look. Actually, I imagine this would be more like a neutral blush on darker skin tones. It's pigmented, but not difficult like some ultra pigmented stuff. Used lightly and heavily blended it doesn't even really give a tanned effect, just a healthy looking warmth. I'm kind of paranoid about breaking out from it since some others seem to have had issues, but *knock on wood* so far so good. Looks great alone or with a pop of blush on top. I think this looks lovely with Deep Throat (for me, Irresistiblement and DT are the power couple that Laguna and Orgasm seem to be for everyone else). Be careful though, too much can tip you from warm terracotta to orange territory. Also, proceed with an extra light hand if you plan on wearing this under office lighting (yikes! it looks fantastic in natural light though).

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Last I checked, orange and peach were in the same category.... I'm gonna try this out for a week or so and then rate it properly.

EDIT: Omg, epic fail!!!! While this is an incredibly unique-colored bronzer, people with sensitive skin beware---I just removed this bronzer after only one day of wearing it, and my skin is all red, bumpy, itchy and irritated everywhere that I applied the bronzer. Going back to Sephora!! I knew Nars products were pretty toxic, but I didn't know they were this bad!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ahhhttack

I remember when this first came out, I looked at it in the pan and thought "oh how orange!" and passed it over without another thought. Oh how wrong I was! As a pale gal (NC15/20), I made a resolution to wear bronzer more often this summer. I've had NARS Laguna and Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess matte for a while, but only ever put them on when I wanted to look really tan. This isn't a bad thing of course, and sometimes I do want to look like I've spent a few weeks in the sun, but usually I want to look like I just spent the day in the sun and am left with a sun-kissed glow. That's what Irresistiblement is for me. The terracotta with a hint of peach shade warms up my complexion just enough. Add a pop of strawberry blush and it's like summer on your skin. Best of all, it's matte. I like bronzers with a hint of shimmer too, but sometimes (especially if you want to rock a shimmery blush) it's best to stick with matte. For all my pale gals, this isn't very hard to apply but you still can go overboard, so make sure you watch yourself and don't pile too much on all at once. If you're looking for a light bronzer with more shimmer (and a hint more pink for cooler toned ladies), I recommend Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer bronzer in Blonde 01. All in all, I will *definitely* buy Irresistiblement again if I ever run out (not like I ever will though).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Extremely natural-looking and flattering bronzer. Intensely pigmented, so a light hand is par for the course unless you are going for the baked look. My face has always been lighter than the rest of my body, which is very annoying, and this bronzer warms me up and evens my skin tone out. I can imagine this will layer fantastically come the summer months when I self-tan the rest of my body. It goes on smoothly and evenly and I look sunkissed and healthy. A staple in my makeup bag.