July 22, 2014 | 1718 users online

Hair - Quantum Riveting Reds Color Replenishing Shampoo/Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a really good color depositing shampoo and conditioner for red hair. I got these on sale at Sally's for $15.00 dollars for two large bottles. Compared to what you pay for a lot of color depositing shampoos and conditioners, that's a bargain.

I only use this every third shampoo, because like most color depositing products I find it's drying. It won't touch your roots, but it will add zing back into your color. I leave the shampoo on for about two minutes and rinse. I rinse the condtioner immediately after applying it, because it contains henna, which I'm afraid might interfer with future coloring if left on too long. The shampoo doesn't contain henna. I took off one lippie because the conditioner isn't very conditioning. I remedy the problem by applying a leave-in conditioner afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Lauraasti

Very impressed with this! I only use the conditioner. I've been very picky with redhead products, and I'm sad that I overlooked this at first. I dyed my hair black for 11 years before becoming a redhead and had to go through the long process of growing my hair out naturally. During that time, I put a lot of research into the best products to use to ensure my red hair looked great. This product struck me as too cheap and I thought it was a waste. I had been using pureology's color depositing product from their red hair line and it left my hair so flat and weighed down, I'm disappointed that I bothered to spend the money on it ($40 retail!) I read up on this product some more and figured I should try it because pureology just wasn't working out Some people may need to use a regular conditioner after using this, as I've heard it can dry hair out a little. It's gentle enough to leave in for a while, but I usually only leave it for about 5-10 minutes. I shampoo my hair in cold water, put this product in, pin my hair up and continue with the rest of my hot shower (body/face wash, shaving, basking in the hot water before I turn it down to cold again, etc). I notice my hair feels a little coarser when I rinse it out, but that's not a problem since my hair has gotten finer since I began coloring it again. It actually seems to be a little thicker feeling, which I like! Then I just run regular conditioner through for good measure, though this takes care of my tangles just fine. Subtle but rich color depositing! This is definitely geared more towards deeper red shades I think, copper reds might not like it. My red looks deeper and so much better, I can definitely extend time between color touch-ups with this by my side! While I was growing my hair out, I got bored and bleached a section which ended up turning a fiery orange after coloring my hair red and this product definitely mutes it to a more acceptable reddish mauve tone. Will stain porous surfaces, so be careful! And I love that it's so affordable and the bottle is pretty big! Absolutely recommend to any fading redheads out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Siylii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using the conditioner on bright, fake, magenta-red hair in hopes of warming up the color and slowing color fade. This delivers excellent true red tones (with no staining of skin, shower, or anything but hair) and has helped immensely to keep my hair redder than pink. Also, it is slightly toning my natural roots so that they look less stark against the fake red! I do have to use a lot... a shallow palmful for my thick medium length hair, root to tip. I comb it in after shampooing with a normal color-safe shampoo, letting it sit while I do the rest of my shower routine, then rinse. Rinses right out of the shower, never stained anything I own. I'm surprised other reviewers aren't as excited as I am.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Wowkatie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This shampoo/conditioner does indeed replenish the red color tone in your hair but because it has so many extra nutrients and chemicals, it tends to leave hair dry and brittle. I could not figure out why my hair started BREAKING then I stopped using that and my hair went back to normal after a week. It stains everything and takes forever to completely wash out. Also, be careful about going out in humidity because you will wind up with a red back/neck from it running in humidity. Overall, it was worth a fair chance but did not live up to expectations. I do not recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Donovan

I've been dyeing my hair shades of reds more often than any other color over the last 15 years. I gave this a 2 just because I think it gave a nominal increase of longevity, but nothing significant. It still works as a shampoo, and didn't have any bad smells.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although, I do not have any horror stories to share this product is not perfect but it is overall okay. Here are some major pointers for someone looking into it:
I found it to be runny but still workable.
It did not stain any of my towels or clothing.
It will not go evenly into the hair unless you comb it through.
If your looking for an auburn color based boost this will give you it. If you are looking for a more coppery boost this is not it. I believe John Freida's magnifying shampoo is not better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

In regards to this shampoo and conditioner, I am pleased to find affordable color depositing products specifically for red hair. I dye my black hair all kind of cherry to burgundy hues and struggle with the maintenance. Red is the largest colour molecule and therefore cannot penetrate the hair shaft as much as say, black dye. I used to mix some vegetable dye (Manic Panic, Beyond the Zone Color Jamz, etc.) into my shampoo/conditioner every time I washed my hair but the Riveting Reds products eliminate this annoying task. Sure, the effect is not as bold as a full-blown touch up, but it definitely makes a difference. The trick is to leave the product on for a few minutes. No skin/bathtub staining issues with this stuff so it's a win for me!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Hard to spread, smells like something from a dollar store, stained my tub (but not my hair! hilarious!), drying, and gave me CYSTIC BREAKOUTS around the hairline.

Epic. Fail. Wouldn't swap this with someone I hated.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by ovicki

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know why I don't just stay with Sally Beauty Supply for all my beauty products because I always end up going back for quality and economy reasons. This is just another example of trying different color protecting shampoo and conditioner for my once natural/now dyed red hair. I have tried numerous brands including Redken, Joico and this is truly the best. First time I have noticed the shine this much as well as the color maintenance. FYI..I am back again using their Sally Girl $1 eye shadows that are excellent quality and I am very picky in this area. I do like how the items are reviewed on their website so I can compare them with them here.