April 24, 2014 | 994 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by cyphadelic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this eyeliner! It is dark (I have the carbon black), goes on smoothly without tugging, and the best part, it stays on all day! I don't have to retouch at all. The only con is that it does need to be sharpened after just two uses. I'm thinking I will go through this eyeliner fairly fast, but I will but it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by DaDiva1908

I'm unsure how so many people liked this eyeliner. Too much product comes off at the slightest touch and it's such a small pencil tip. I used it maybe 10 times and it was nearly gone.

I did however like it's staying power. And it came off fairly easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

my expectations for this eyeliner were exceedingly low. having tried and set aside many a black eyeliner, i found what i consider to be the best, blackest, longest-lasting pencil that i need (prestige total intensity in blackest black, just fyi.) i had no need for further experimentation, particularly from l'oreal--i can't think of a single noteworthy product from them that i have ever used, come to think of it. however, my mom gave me this pencil, so what the hey, right? for science, i tried it.

it's not half bad! the best part of this pencil, on my eyes (they are so prone to smudging its embarrassing) is that the black has not transferred to my undereyes. this is a sign of a very good eyeliner, in my book. i used a bit of rimmel taupe liner to smudge out the line, and it ended up working out quite nicely. no irritation (at least not severely so--i wear contacts, so my eyes always bug me.)

the worst part is how quickly it needs to be sharpened. i really havent experienced this with any eyeliner before--mid-way through one eye, the tip had clearly lost its point (and i am delicate on this sort of liner.) you definitely need a good sharpener for this one (prestige makes a decent one, but i use chanel...also UD grindhouse is very popular.)

not sure i'd buy it again, but i will keep an eye out for l'oreal sales in the future (CVS always gets me with their BOGO stuff, grrr.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An observation: really good eye liner pencils come from Germany. I dare you to find a better eye liner at the drugstore. These are good enough to compete with those at the department store. Super pigmented, glide-on without tugging. Reasonably priced at about $9.00. I really like the cobalt and black shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by arlenerubio27

I love the way it made my eyes look, great color, stay power, great price..... minus the red eyes.

It unfortunately irritated the s**t out of my eyes, so I can not wear it or buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Ajimenez531

I have used every pencil eyeliner there is from NYX, UD, and my fave which is the milani although it is hard to find in stores, I heard good things about this one so I decided to try. The best thing about this eyeliner is the creaminess of it, it is like no other but because of that you have to sharpen it every day. It is very long lasting, this is the only pencil eyeliner that will stay on my waterline for more than 12 hours, that's the other part about it it's very difficult to remove. I don't wear makeup on the weekends 2 days later you can still see remnants of it. I love the smudged tip for the smoky look. I love it and will probably repurchase as I can always find coupons for it and get it for around $4-5. You can't beat that!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by nycshopgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the pigment as it is a dark black, but this smudged on my waterline along with every other eyeliner i've used in the past. This also requires a sharpening after every use, if you're like me and prefer a precise winged line this can be time consuming.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by stillhot

I generally like Kajal type eye pencils and have tried Mac, Stila and Urban decay Perversion. All three delivered, as they are very black, and creamy so easy to blend. I was told about the EI Liquid eyeliner and even though my kit is filled with black eye pencils wanted to give this one a try.

What I like most about this one is that the application is kajal-like, but it does dry down, so there is less smudging. I use this as a tightline eyeliner on the top lid, then take an angled brush with a bit of black eyeshadow and trace the line to seal it in. I then take whatever is left on the brush to subtly trace the lower lash line. After I have done the rest of my makeup, i take a q-tip and clean up anything that has moved, including corners of eyes.
The test of a great eyeliner pencil is what I look like 6 hours later. I have found very little travelling, absolutely no fading, and it comes off quite easily with my Clinique take the day off makeup remover. This is a GREAT drugstore find, and when on sale, which is often, a good buy. Wish they made other colors, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Lynnnguyen

I like this eyeliner because it goes on smooth and is rich in color unlike other eyeliners that go on gray if the color says "black". I would not recommend this for the waterline because it WILL smudge since its so creamy.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ILikeCakeAndIceCream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Woah they weren't kidding when they said this pencil is intense!

Pros: Glides on easily without snags and doesn't dry up over time. Super dark for smokey looks and smudges easily for this purpose.

Cons: I have really small eyes so I don't have a lot of room for mistakes when it comes to eyeliner. This pencil is quite wide and takes an experienced gentle hand for application. I use this for dark smokey looks at night. It smudges really easily so that's great if you're purposely trying to do this. If not... then it looks like you drew an extra line in your crease. It does not mix well with the natural oils in my skin. I have to set this HEAVILY with a black shadow if I have any change of wearing it with a lighter shade. Easy to make mistakes. It super soft and applies easily but too much pressure can be disastrous. It's hard to sharpen due to this as well and makes a huge mess. Impossible to wear on bottom lash line or water lines since it runs everywhere. It runs into my tear ducts and makes a big gloopy mess in the corners. Hello raccoon fight.

I tried this twice. The first time my mother gave it to me after she could not get a handle on it. I tried it again when it came with a mascara hoping the smearing was due to it possibly being old the first time. I'm an experienced eyeliner user (I have wing-tipped my eyes every day for the last 15 years or so). Do not buy this unless you love a seriously intense all over smokey look.