August 21, 2014 | 1740 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Garnier - Skin Naturals Bodylight Whitening Hydrating UV Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Good moisturizing and a fantastic clean, citrus-y smell. I didn't notice any whitening though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Elaine_

the price is affordable , smell Good... i jz like the smell^^ haha. besides, it mosturise my body without feeling sticky.. i just use at night (4safety), bcoz its contain AHA... hopely this product will whiten my skin tone (i jz use this product 1 week)..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 5:09:00 AM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

An absolute waste of money and optimism! I bought this lotion hoping to lighten some discolourations I had on my arms and legs as a result of unplanned sun exposure while on Accutane. And let me tell you, nothing kills skin faster than not using sun protection during an Accutane course. I picked this up at Watsons as I had read favorable reviews in a magazine. The packaging is fun and vibrant, a bright cheery yellow that is hard to miss. A 250 ml bottle of this product retails for RM 17, cheap for a whitening lotion and that too from a reputable brand, so I had no qualms plonking down the dough to purchase it.
I disliked it the instant I tried it on. It went on sticky, tacky and left a ghastly whitish cast over the areas I applied it to. It's times like these that you wish there had been a tester on hand at the store to try before you buy. In the 4 weeks that I used this product, both AM and PM, I observed no significant lightening or fading of the darkened areas. In fact, this lotion actually gave me a few zits on my thighs and back, adding to the areas that needed to be faded!
It contains pure lemon essence, an AHA source to exfoliate and illuminate, as well as Mulberry extract to regulate melanin production. It also has UV filters to prevent skin darkening, which probably explains the horrid white cast it gives my skin. As it is quite thick, regular soap and water may not be enough to wash it off which may have lead to clogged pores and the aforementioned zits. The smell is quite pleasant, like ice lemon tea which I'm rather fond of, and it is for that reason purely that I'm awarding this product 2 lippies rather than the 0 it deserves. I'll be heading back to Watsons this week to purchase the Eucerin Whitening body lotion which I hope will work a sight better than the Garnier Bodylight!

Ingredients: Water, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hexyldecanol, Cirtus Medica Limonum (Lemon Fruit) extract, Morus Bombycis Root extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root extract, CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Terephthalydene Dicamphor Sulfonic Acid, Aluminium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristic Acid, Myristyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Butylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Parfum/ Fragrance, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Benzyl Salicylate.