July 29, 2014 | 2076 users online

Concealers - By Terry - Touche Veloutee Highlighting Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This highlighter/concealer is an excellent product in terms of coverage and value. For example, while the price is higher than YSL's Touche Eclat (which the Terry in By Terry originally designed), one gets a lot more product, costing much less per ounce. My sole complaint is the brush. I don't use it. Rather, I only use the brush to place the product in the corner of each eye and use my Trish McEvoy Cream Blender brush #66 to blend as the brush attached to the tube is too stiff and imprecise. Also, a little goes a very long way, making it even more economical. And it does not crease, leaving a powdery matte finish behind instead. It definitely was an excellent purchase, a real problem-solver, for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by s3za

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a concealer addict so I didn't hesitate to try this one out when recommende by the ladies at Mecca maxima - but boy am I soooo disappointed in this over hyped over priced supposed "best non creasing under eye" concealer. The brush is so stiff and I feel like it absorbs a lot of the product rather than applying it onto the skin. The product feels watery and then slightly oily when blending out with my finger. The Mecca lady matched me to the wrong colour (number 4) which turns out very pink and makes me look like I hve a rash when wearing. It creases pretty much immediately, even when setting with a powder (also without setting). Have tried it with eye cream, eye primers , other concealers and I have to say I actually hate this product. For $80 I could have bought my favourite revlon anti age eye concealer 5 times over. My favourite concealers this far would be nars creamy concealer, Estée Lauder double wear concealer and revlon anti aging eye concealer. This by terry one would be on my "never buy again" list- but majority of my opinion comes down to the ridiculous price for such a mediocre formular that dupes it's buyers into believing it's amazing from the over pretentious packaging. Would highly NOT recommend this

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by kkarimson

I had quite high expectations on this highlighting concealer but sadly I was disappointed.
The concealer is quite expensive however you get much product. I did not care for the packaging - the brush is useless both for distributing the product directly under the eye and just to pump out the product onto the hand. The pump on the pen get stuck after every pump. So everything just becomes a mess.

The color range was not that great for my skin color because I was between two shades. And the colors are unforgiving on your skin so you have to have the color-matching on point.

The concealer creased easily and you really have to work the product into the skin to get some what of a nice finish. I think the matte effect made it worse and I don't think that it had that much of a highlighting effect.

Overall I think it's not worth the price at all and I am not repurchasing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by MarleyXavier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favourite concealer product. in fact my favourite make up product. perfect texture perfect finish perfect coverage i love love love this. i could cover and blend everything without a sign of make up. beautiful product. i use beige.

i couldn't recommend this enough

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by chither

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just received this concealer as a present after trying EVERY SINGLE KIND OF concealer on the market for my very dark under eye circles (including benefit, smashbox, NARS, tarte, Bobbi Brown, and every drugstore brand out there). Had my eye on this for awhile but it's pretty expensive. After using this for one night I am OBSESSED WITH IT. I got it in the middle tone (cream) and it's perfect. I have tan/olive skin and very dark under eye circles and it covers them up PERFECTLY and also brightens the area. Definitely expensive but worth it -- BEST GIFT EVER!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by eileen08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I must have the worst dark circles in the world, reason why I've tried almost everything out there. Heard about By Terry for a while, decided to buy a month ago, despite it's expensive price. After all, it was Christmas:)
I am conflicted about this product. I expected to illuminate my under eyes area, if not cover it entirely. It does illuminate, after purchasing the lightest colour in Porcelain, but is has poor coverage. So you might use some heavy concealer underneath, as I'm using the Benefit one, and then pop this on top.
The thing I most love about this product is it's the first concealer that doesn't set in your wrinkles! I mean, all of the others make me look even more tired and old, am I'm only 28:)) But this one stay all day floating over your lines so it's perfect on this context.
It does a bit of highlighting which is great, but I would've preferred more coverage... I believe the ones with less problems can say it is perfect, but I still want to find something better that has them all: coverage, illuminating, stay-out-of-lines power.
Anyway, I would still purchase by Terry as a highlighter and hope my under eye area will improve with creams or surgery;))

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

After seeing the QVC presentation, I had to try this! It looked AMAZING on the models, and I was like that is just what I need!

Fast forward to now, and I bought this in Creme, the color is completley off really yellow and dark, even with tanned skin! My dark circles still show through and there is no illuminating what so ever. The consistency is really really runny but then dries a little after and does turn powdery.

I'm so sad/mad/dissapointed, I thought this was going to be my holy grail, in comparison to Cle De Peau, it doesn't hold a candle to it. I bought CDP a while back and used it up, bought it in Beige and it was perfect. The price however isn't and Touche isn't either. Still on the hunt for my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by 27dots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For those who don't like that you can't see how much is left - a SA showed me that you can unscrew the bottom and slide out the inner tube, which is clear so you can see how much product is still in there.

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by minerva851

This is the first review I've ever written, but I had let everyone know about how amazing this concealer is! I'm part middle eastern, and have dark deep set under eye circles, they have been the focus of my makeup routine since I can remember. I've tried every brand and type of concealer imaginable, but none were really the whole package. They would either cake, crease, look obvious and unnatural, or be too thick and pull on my delicate skin when applying. I can honestly say this is unlike anything Ive ever used. Like other reviewers have said the lady responsible for this is the same person who make the famous YSL concealer, I tried that one too, NOTHING special. It brightened the under eye area but virtually no concealing. The by terry concealer brightens, moisturizes, is FULL coverage (but you wouldn't know it by how thin it is in consistency), and looks beautiful and natural. Words really dont do it justice, if you have under eye issues you have to try it, you wont regret it! It's pricey but worth every penny.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using cle de peau's stick concealer for about 5 months and I believed I was in love but I just wanted to be in love. I have a dry under eye and my concealer always cakes on my skin because it's so dry! The cdp concealer was not as drying and it had good coverage but I was using shade #2 and it was too yellow for me so if I had dark under eye circles it would look like a green cast. I read about this concealer and when I misplaced my cdp I went out and bought touche veloutee. First off I love the packaging it is like a monster touche éclat and it's so modern and sleek. The shade i got was 1 porcelain. I am a nc 15/20 and this works well for the blue based dark circles. What's amazing about this product is that it is a very thin consistency but it's so pigmented and actually full coverage. It covers and highlights incredibly well. This product just makes me so wide eyed and awake. Though this product is really expensive you really don't need to use a lot and this product could last a while. At least I hope it does!