April 24, 2014 | 1874 users online

Deodorants - Origins - Totally Pure Organic Deodorant

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by annapcs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had written a 5 star review for this deodorant before, but after almost 2 months using it, I decided to come update my review.
Overall, it's a good deodorant. It keeps odor away for a good 24 hours, smells clean and fresh (smell fades after a while anyway). If you're not a big sweater, you should be fine using it.
My problem, on the other hand, is the sweating. I sweat a lot (I know, TMI), and on a hot summer day walking on campus, it can look pretty embarassing, so I just couldn't keep using it anymore. I knew since the beginning that this deodorant is not supposed to prevent you form sweating, but for someone who sweats a lot, that can be a problem. If you don't, might be a good option.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Elisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you were a fan of the unfortunately discontinued Origins No Offense deodorant, you will not be impressed with this. The spray packaging sucks, it's doesn't protect against odor, and the scent is very strong and medicinal.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by kddn

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cringed every time I put on deodorant that contained aluminum. The crystal stick doesn't seem to do a darn thing. This Origins deodorant is lovely. It smells so fresh, spritzes on nicely and keeps odor away. This is a keeper.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this on my quest to live an aluminum free life. I also bought one for my mother, a breast cancer survivor, and she said it smelled like soap. It didn't keep me dry at all. I guess I'll give it another try and maybe go get the organic powder, like the other review mentioned. It did a good job at keeping the scent away, but it does have a soapy kind of smell. It's not a bad smell though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by ginny133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm surprised to find only one reviewer on this item here. Ever since I'm converting all my skincare to Natural/Organic, my husband told me I should consider changing my daily deordorant to organic as well since there are always people saying how deordorant links to breast cancer and all that. I thought to myself, that's right. If I'm putting natural stuff on my face, how can I be continuing using deordorant that contains all kinds of chemicals? So the hunt begins. And you have no idea how hard it is to find a natural/organic deordorant which is to suit your daily needs and provides the same comfort and soothing scent!!!

I went to Whole Foods to see what my option is. I've been using the powder roll on form for my deordorant so when I saw most of them at Whole Foods are in spray form I was discouraged. Finally I just picked one from Nature's Gate since it's reasonaly priced (All spray deordorant for some reason are expensive!). I used it for a week and decided I did not like it at all! I am disappointed and don't know what else I can get and I can't live without deordorant as my armpits are always sweaty. I tried researching online and finally I stumbled onto Origins spray deordorant at an organic beauty review website, where the author raves about this item. I went to my local mall and bought it the next day, thinking if I have to settle for a spray one I'll have to do it.

Tried it for a few days now and I LOVE it!!! Like the previous reviewer said, it does not dry out the area but it does suppress the odor. I love its herbal scent (willow bark or some sort) and it lingers with me the whole day! It's soothing and perfect for a hot summer in LA! Whenever I feel like it (before work, after gym, during the day) I just spritz a few inches away from my armpits and it's good to go!

Glad that I did give it a try! And I'll definitely repurchase it for my year round beauty product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by lalaland

I have been on a hunt for a "pure" deodorant, free from toxic chemicals, not just one that claims to be "natural". I was using the Crystal deodorant stick, but it was completely scentless and did not prevent body odor on "sweaty" days. I still use it occasionally, but I am not in love with it, and it contains some questionable ingredients. Origins came out with an organic line, in 2007 or so, and I read about the deodorant, but found very little reviews. So I went to my local Origins and read the ingredients (does not provide entire list anywhere online) and it impressed me. I went to purchase it and the associate was giving me the weird eye, as if I were making a mistake. She told me to try it first, walk around and see how it works for me. After looking at her strangely, I did so and later returned. I enjoyed the scent it gave off, very Aveda/Origins smelling, but a bit more herbally, if that makes any sense. Like other really pure deodorants, it is not an antiperspirant, so you will sweat, but it will prevent odor and not clog your pits. I do re-spray once a day, but it is not necessary if you are not very active that day. It is recommended to use the organic Origins powder with it, but I was not having that, because it is another expense. I have my own organic blend of baking soda and cornstarch, so I use that occasionally with it (can be a bit scratchy with that combo though). As with any skin product, you will have to see how it works with your body chemistry and your scent preference, but I really am loving it right now. It is a spray bottle, is $15 and is full of essential oils. If anyone is interested I will list the ingredients.