November 26, 2014 | 1196 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Thataway

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by dancergirl555

Actual rating is a 3.5. China Glaze Thataway is a beautiful light orange with some pinky/coral undertones and lots of shimmer. This has been in my collection forever, but I've never done a full manicure with it until now. It's not as frosty on the nails as it appears to be in the bottle, which is good. It's somewhat sheer, requiring 2-3 coats to reach full opacity and bottle color. It's somewhat prone to brushstrokes so you have to be careful. I also struggled with cuticle drag and bald patches a bit, even when I waited for each coat to dry before starting the next one. It's a gorgeous color with a less than ideal application, but that won't stop me from wearing it, especially in the summer months. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Picked this up on the random shopping trip to Ulta. So beautiful, reminds of NARS Orgasm but a little less pink. Gorgeous color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised that this product has such low reviews. I love this color. It is a coral shade that leans more on the orange side. It looked a bit frosty in the bottle but it isnt. It has a satin finish. Love.

It is very opaque. If you are in a rush, you can do a base coat and one coat. You dont have to do a top coat. Its that opaque. No streaking, peeling, bubbles and it dries relatively quickly.

Really great shade!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by khickengurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I usually like bright, summery nail polishes, this color reminds me of Halloween. Against my tan skin it seems like a true orange, and I was hoping for a more coral-orange. It applies fine - nothing exceptional, but it requires at least two coats. However, my rating is based upon the fact that it chipped in less than 24 hours! Its just as bad as the five or six Maybelline Express Finish nail polishes I've tried. I used a Seche Vite base coat and Nails Inc top coat. This nail polish would probably fare well as a pedicure.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Classycass01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this color, however, its nothing special. Its a sunset orange with gold sheen. It is streaky on the first coat but the second coat evens it out. Its opaque with two coats, dries fast and very little chipping. Its just a nice basic orange, good for the summer. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by gowings19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this color - it's like a sunset on acid (in a good way) - but the formula is not so bueno...sheer, streaky - yep, the whole works. I end up looking like a 5-year-old who's just done some fingerpainting with a really cool color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is very nice orangy coral color with shine. I love it for summer. The only problem Im not a huge fan of China Glaze nail polishes, will maybe find something similar from OPI. I also prefer little shimmer than glossy shine.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by IvyRhine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this color! It's perfect for summer, especially teamed with black strappy sandals. It could be more chip resistant though, but a top- and base coat help on that issue. It's a gorgeous coral-pink with gold shimmer, and looks great in the sun. I think it would look great on all skintones!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by spamela74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thataway is a very sheer, pinky/coral with orange/gold shimmer. You definitely need two coats if you expect to see some color. I kept wondering why this color was so familiar and then it hit me! It is identical to MAC's Fresh Salmon lipstick. They are great together for that matchy-matchy look.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

This is a nice shade, but it's a little on the sheer side for me. Whenever I wear this I have to put on a base, and I don't feel like I get the tru color from the bottle. I have worn it alone, but it takes too many coats to get full coverage... Won't be repurchasing